IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

GG Live did it to me today. I started the round and linked my iPhone and logged my shots (felt the vibration), and I even used the GPS on a couple of occasions. When I ended my round, it wanted me to login again. My round was lost.

The app seems to have issues when I’m at a course that has xfinity WiFi around. I takes a while to find the course. If I’m out of WiFi range, it connects faster.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anyone successfully used either an Android phone (I have a Pixel 3XL) or a Windows computer to upload GG rounds recently?  I'm at four rounds on my device, playing again tomorrow.  Would like to unload them but I guess I would lose them if I tried to connect and upload right now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Shindig said:

Has anyone successfully used either an Android phone (I have a Pixel 3XL) or a Windows computer to upload GG rounds recently?  I'm at four rounds on my device, playing again tomorrow.  Would like to unload them but I guess I would lose them if I tried to connect and upload right now.

I don't lose them from my device when I do this and it fails to "process" on my iPhone. I think the rounds are only deleted from the device if the processing is successful.

On iOS at least.

Future uploads are very, very fast, then, too… and it gets stuck at "Processing…"

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't lose them from my device when I do this and it fails to "process" on my iPhone. I think the rounds are only deleted from the device if the processing is successful.

On iOS at least.

Future uploads are very, very fast, then, too… and it gets stuck at "Processing…"

Mine currently says I have 9 rounds for review when I have the device active and my app open. But it won’t upload the rounds. It’s also weird because I should only have one round for review.

Edit: I just tested again with WiFi off and now it’s says 10 rounds. But again, it won’t upload.

Edit 2: Quit the app and reopened, now I have 11 rounds. It appears to be adding them incrementally. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Mine currently says I have 9 rounds for review when I have the device active and my app open. But it won’t upload the rounds. It’s also weird because I should only have one round for review.

Edit: I just tested again with WiFi off and now it’s says 10 rounds. But again, it won’t upload.

Edit 2: Quit the app and reopened, now I have 11 rounds. It appears to be adding them incrementally. 

The GPS adds rounds because it detects that you’re near a course and you have to be in “play golf” to upload, so it starts a round.

I sit on my GG so the GPS won’t connect to satellites and put me on a golf course.

Just under my legs. Enough body there to block the signal especially inside my house.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

The GPS adds rounds because it detects that you’re near a course and you have to be in “play golf” to upload, so it starts a round.

I sit on my GG so the GPS won’t connect to satellites and put me on a golf course.

I sent them an email with the issue. I will post the reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, iacas said:

On iOS at least.

Hmm... maybe a Windows app problem?  When I last used the Windows software (USB connection, laptop to GG Live device) I think I lost a round or two when trying it.  They certainly aren't on the website, and it also got stuck at processing.  But I haven't tried in a few weeks.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I use GG Live and I just tap on the gadget that fits on your belt before each shot; I do not use the GG app on the phone as I prefer to use other GPS apps. At the end of the round, I go home and plug the belt gadget into my laptop, turn on the GG transfer app program and it will upload the round to GG's servers. Never had a problem.

You don't have to use the GG app on a phone to make it work.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, paperclip said:

I use GG Live and I just tap on the gadget that fits on your belt before each shot; I do not use the GG app on the phone as I prefer to use other GPS apps. At the end of the round, I go home and plug the belt gadget into my laptop, turn on the GG transfer app program and it will upload the round to GG's servers. Never had a problem.

They no longer support this method.

Supposedly.

4 hours ago, paperclip said:

Has this worked for you in the past few weeks?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

20 hours ago, paperclip said:

What type of computer do you have?  In particular, which OS are you running?

It does start to appear that I am going to have to figure out how to connect my GG Live to my Android phone.  Phone can see it but doesn't want to connect, googling the problem doesn't seem to turn up anything (maybe I am not good at google).

-- Michael | My swing! 

I couldn't upload my recent round from the GG classic device. I don't think this is supported any more, but I've never had any problems uploading before.

I'm done with GG.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

5 hours ago, Craigers said:

I couldn't upload my recent round from the GG classic device. I don't think this is supported any more, but I've never had any problems uploading before.

I'm done with GG.

Yea, this was discussed a page or two ago, they’re no longer supporting GG Classic.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Craigers said:

I'm done with GG.

They haven’t made anything from you in like six years. They were done with you first. 🙂

On 4/30/2021 at 6:56 AM, iacas said:

They no longer support this method.

Supposedly.

That would suck.

On 4/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, StuM said:

Has this worked for you in the past few weeks?

Don't know, can't play golf and haven't played yet this year

On 4/30/2021 at 10:55 PM, Shindig said:

What type of computer do you have?  In particular, which OS are you running?

It does start to appear that I am going to have to figure out how to connect my GG Live to my Android phone.  Phone can see it but doesn't want to connect, googling the problem doesn't seem to turn up anything (maybe I am not good at google).

Windows 10 Pro.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

23 hours ago, iacas said:

They haven’t made anything from you in like six years. They were done with you first. 🙂

😂 

I haven't played a round this year but after reading that last few replied I'm fully confident after playing my first round i won't be able to upload my round. 👍

• Funny 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Pretty sure I'm done with GameGolf now. I had the upload problem you all have talked about in this thread over the weekend. I tried using the GG transfer app on my Mac, and the progress stalled on building round:

E1DBB469-7E49-4E21-AA73-D6FDD76AFDF9.thumb.jpeg.ae0ac172012a2a2dbc490efd127d59fc.jpeg

(Yes, I should have taken a screenshot instead of a picture of the computer with my phone...)

I left it open for about an hour, and nothing changed. The rounds never appeared on the website. It looks like they're gone from the device as well.

I have Version 2.0.0 of the GG transfer app. Currently running OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5 (it's an old MacBook Air that I only use for the internet at this point... yes, I know I should upgrade). I have GG Live.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if things change, but I'm not holding my breath. I really like being able to see my round after the fact, but the stats and improvement notes haven't really helped me much recently. 

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Pretty sure I'm done with GameGolf now. I had the upload problem you all have talked about in this thread over the weekend. I tried using the GG transfer app on my Mac, and the progress stalled on building round:

E1DBB469-7E49-4E21-AA73-D6FDD76AFDF9.thumb.jpeg.ae0ac172012a2a2dbc490efd127d59fc.jpeg

(Yes, I should have taken a screenshot instead of a picture of the computer with my phone...)

I left it open for about an hour, and nothing changed. The rounds never appeared on the website. It looks like they're gone from the device as well.

I have Version 2.0.0 of the GG transfer app. Currently running OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5 (it's an old MacBook Air that I only use for the internet at this point... yes, I know I should upgrade). I have GG Live.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if things change, but I'm not holding my breath. I really like being able to see my round after the fact, but the stats and improvement notes haven't really helped me much recently. 

We posted about this weeks ago. It’s supposed to still work with your phone.

As in pairing with your phone and uploading, even after the round.