IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

After the app quit uploading, I tried to pair my android phone and was unsuccessful.    My Live system is sitting in a box undecided upon its fate. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It worked for me again today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I have the Pixel 4a so maybe it needs an update to work with Google.  That said, my previous phone was the 2XL and it paired with it but after a few holes, they didn't with with each other.

Interesting.  I don't need them during a round, so if it lasts a few minutes, and that's enough to offload the rounds, that's good enough for me.  I wish they'd keep the Windows app working, I don't understand why they discontinued it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 5/15/2021 at 9:04 PM, RFKFREAK said:

So, my GG Live failed to pair with my phone yesterday but i still decided to use the device and tag my shots but then the device ran out of juice after the 12th or so hole even though I had charged it a few days earlier.  Tried to upload the round and it said i had 5 rounds on the device and didn't get passed "building."

Planning on emailing support to see what they respond.

It's been 4 days and no response to my email yet.  Thought their customer service had somewhat improved.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

GG Live missed another round for me. Device appeared to record each shot. I paired to my phone with no problems. I ended the round as usual. The app said I had one round awaiting review, but it did it load. Too bad because I had some really long drives in that round for me. The only anomaly was during the round the GPS didn’t seem to know what hole I was on.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 5/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, youngaa1 said:

I got my Game Golf Pro and was able to apply all the tags properly and have it connect with the Android app as needed. There was a firmware update I had to apply and that went well. Now I just need to go play and test things out. I hope they update the app soon as I have rounds just hanging out on the Live device I'd like to upload.

@youngaa1curious if you have used Pro yet and how it worked?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Wait, I just got an email (well, this morning):

Good morning Erik,

This issue is now resolved. We have confirmed the fix on mobile but we need to check if the transfer app fix is verified. Can you upload on the transfer app?

I looked at http://gamegolf.com/my-rounds and lo and behold I had 48 rounds awaiting approval! They were basically all of the rounds multiple times over — one for each time I'd tried to upload via my phone.

Uploading the existing rounds on my phone took awhile but worked.

I haven't yet tried my daughter's GAME GOLF Live with the Transfer app (she still uses a Mac running 10.12 or something older).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Woah, I just logged in online and found a round I tried to upload in early May. I have one round on my unit right now that I'll have to try to upload again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Wait, I just got an email (well, this morning):

Good morning Erik,

This issue is now resolved. We have confirmed the fix on mobile but we need to check if the transfer app fix is verified. Can you upload on the transfer app?

I looked at http://gamegolf.com/my-rounds and lo and behold I had 48 rounds awaiting approval! They were basically all of the rounds multiple times over — one for each time I'd tried to upload via my phone.

Uploading the existing rounds on my phone took awhile but worked.

I haven't yet tried my daughter's GAME GOLF Live with the Transfer app (she still uses a Mac running 10.12 or something older).

WOW, My rounds from early April are there awaiting review! And that was with "Game Golf Classic".  I might just try it again tomorrow.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 5/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, StuM said:

@youngaa1curious if you have used Pro yet and how it worked?

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to get out and play. 😞 Should be able to this coming weekend though (and with a new driver in the bag). 

But now I see some of you are having some rounds come back. One of my rounds is awaiting review as well but upon further review there is some weird stuff going on. There are a handful of holes where it thinks I started the next hole on the previous holes green. And it's "Star" as the club. Not sure what is up with that...? I'm guessing because I've switched to "Pro" that all my clubs are different now since I went through that process (or something like that). Whatever changes they are making is affecting me a little more than normal is my guess but who knows really.

Either way, my clip on my Live device broke on my golf trip a couple of weeks ago so I'd have to wear it in my pocket or DIY something to attach to my belt clip moving forward. But I have Pro now so assuming that all works out I should be good. 

Edited by youngaa1

2 minutes ago, youngaa1 said:

One of my rounds is awaiting review as well but upon further review there is some weird stuff going on. There are a handful of holes where it thinks I started the next hole on the previous holes green.

Definitely some weird stuff, one of the rounds that loaded was from April 6th and shows I shot a 65 and had four Holes-In-One and two of those were on par 4 holes.  Clearly the upload had some issues.  I can't recall that round well enough to fix it so will just delete it (just to be clear...I DID NOT get 4 Aces in a single round, nor did I shot a 65, I would have been bragging all over TST if that were the case).  I just hope it continues to work.

If "PRO" works for you let me know as that is an alternative but I really want to know it is working for someone before I get it.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

17 minutes ago, StuM said:

Definitely some weird stuff, one of the rounds that loaded was from April 6th and shows I shot a 65 and had four Holes-In-One and two of those were on par 4 holes. 

You da' man!  :beer:   time to pay up.    I only live about 1 hour north!  :banana:

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The two I tried in early April are now up there.  I think I'll set the rest to upload now.

Now hopefully I remember enough about these rounds to be able to sign and get some data out of them.  I have a tournament win in there somewhere, too... 🙂 

4 hours ago, StuM said:

Definitely some weird stuff, one of the rounds that loaded was from April 6th and shows I shot a 65 and had four Holes-In-One and two of those were on par 4 holes.  Clearly the upload had some issues. 

You're just being humble, great round ;-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

They feel dead again when it comes to customer service. Have tried contacting them for a week about a new transfer cord and no reply....

11 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

They feel dead again when it comes to customer service. Have tried contacting them for a week about a new transfer cord and no reply....

Isn't it just a mini-USB cord? Or something else standard at least?

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Yes. I think it has to be 2.0 or something (otherwise it charges but doesn’t do data).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Aahh ok I didnt know it was 2.0 from iacas post. I had mini USBs that were only charging it so I thought there was something special about the cord to allow charging and data transfer. I was trying to ask about that.

Thanks for the info @iacas I can find that on my own now.

HAPPY, I used Game Golf Classic today for my league and it worked & uploaded perfectly.  Not happy with the score for the round but that is not Game Golf's problem.  It did record the shots and upload them correctly so I  am happy the system appears to be back. 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.