IGNORED

Are New Clubs Better?

2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

No draw at all......

That’s not really fair. Corey Deuel isn’t human!  :-D

It’s also worth mentioning for those that don’t know, that spin applied to the cueball doesn’t only affect the cue ball. It’s also often used to throw the object ball in a specific direction or to increase or decrease the normal amount of cut or the manner that the object ball rebounds off a rail...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Congratulations.  That may be one of the most remarkably incorrect statements I’ve ever read on the Internet!  

Oh hell, I just strike the cue ball low and do a jump shot for the break...

17 minutes ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

I dont know if my numbers changed since going to my Srixons from my Wilson complete set, but new club confidence is real. I can say my good shots look better, but I still have the same amount of bad shots, my clubs just look better doing it. 

Good attitude!

I’ve been a skeptic, as the USGA brought the COR under control more than a decade ago. I hit my driver around 240 on the flat, which isn’t bad at 75. But my direction is  uncertain and I approached the prospect of driving the ball with dread. Well, my decade-old Callaway finally broke last December, and my daughter gifted me a new driver, along with a fitting.  GolfTec spent about 90 minutes with me to select the best equipment for my swing. Still only hit the ball around 240 ... but always in the fairway! My new driver is forgiving to a fault. 

Edited by easyjay39402
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes new clubs are better. Shafts matter more. Ive found the lowest performance/investment return you get is on drivers. I basically hit the driver with all the new tech bells and whistles about the same as I did the Titleist 905R I played like 10 years ago. Ive found the best return I get is on wedges. For me, a new wedge is like a race car getting new tires on it during a race. 

• Informative 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/11/2020 at 8:30 PM, dennyjones said:

It's no different than table tennis.  You can impart spin many different ways.

The most important thing in table tennis is a rubber, so yes, I agree with that

On 4/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, Groucho Valentine said:

Sometimes new clubs are better. Shafts matter more. Ive found the lowest performance/investment return you get is on drivers. I basically hit the driver with all the new tech bells and whistles about the same as I did the Titleist 905R I played like 10 years ago. Ive found the best return I get is on wedges. For me, a new wedge is like a race car getting new tires on it during a race. 

I couldn't agree more. We had a Callaway fitting day at the club last week and I tried out new drivers. Went through all the bells and whistles and came to the conclusion that the Epic Flash I hit now with a Hzrdus Yellow shaft....goes further than the new Epics with the stock shaft. I actually hit the new Epic Max further with my 3 year old shaft.  I thought that was kinda funny. I guess I'm not getting the most out of my wedges, mine are at least 7-8 year old Clevelands. I suppose I need to upgrade. 

I agree, but this year I picked up a Titleist TS2 driver and played once and was impressed. Distance is good, but not better and consistency is very good. Hitting more fairways makes a difference. Otherwise, nothing new is going to be better than what I have. Last year, I pulled out my old Ping ISI woods and a Ping Eye 2 driver and was very surprised. They used to be long and very solid and forgiving, but now, 30 years or more later, they were not very forgiving and felt very harsh and distance was not great. Maybe it wasn’t the clubs that were so good back then. I would love to take my present clubs back in time to me 30-35 years ago. For sure, I would have laughed at the size of new drivers. It would be interesting seeing my young self hit these new clubs, especially the driver.

9 hours ago, Pinger said:

I agree, but this year I picked up a Titleist TS2 driver and played once and was impressed. Distance is good, but not better and consistency is very good. Hitting more fairways makes a difference. Otherwise, nothing new is going to be better than what I have. Last year, I pulled out my old Ping ISI woods and a Ping Eye 2 driver and was very surprised. They used to be long and very solid and forgiving, but now, 30 years or more later, they were not very forgiving and felt very harsh and distance was not great. Maybe it wasn’t the clubs that were so good back then. I would love to take my present clubs back in time to me 30-35 years ago. For sure, I would have laughed at the size of new drivers. It would be interesting seeing my young self hit these new clubs, especially the driver.

I think you have a concept for a movie there...