Pinger

What Balls Do You Play?

60 posts / 2998 viewsLast Reply

Ive been a ProV1x player forever, but I started playing the Snell MTB-X last summer and doubt Im going back. I don't notice any difference between the balls on full shots, but the Snell is nearly half the price. 50 yards and in though the ProV1 is a slightly better ball. So on a firm course in competition play, I might skate back to the Prov1x. But for rec play I'm done with titleist balls. 

1 hour ago, Keysbear152 said:

I have been playing the Titlist TruSoft which was replaced by the TruFeel. I still have a few boxes of TruSoft that were available cheap from Amazon but eventually I will have to find a new ball. Just curious if you have ever played the TruSoft and if so is the TruFeel comparable?

Yes, they are comparable.  The TruFeel has a cool graphic around the product name imprint that helps a lot with alignment.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well seven games later I am enjoying the re-furb Taylormade Tour pre-X (paying not much over $1per ball)- not as nice off the clubface softness wise but wow great distance and holding the green more than I ever have playing the lower rated balls ... best shot with  TM P-X was yesterday 60 deg wedge after I pulled a shot behind a set of trees (really the one of the worst places to put the ball on this hole) 

So trees blocking lower chipping option and with the hole only couple yards off my side of the green I had to open the 60deg wedge like I was playing out of deep faced bunker ...but in my case was dealing with two story high beach trees 

I was basically playing a 1-10 shot that I would be doing well to even stay on the falling away green ...

Ended up dropping in the perfect spot inside the flag and edge just uphill of the hole to see the ball land so soft and bite and move only a yard closer to the hole ...was blown away ... 

I have been playing bridgestone e12 soft.  I find that I do better with a softer ball, and do keep trying other soft balls.