Jump to content
IGNORED

S7K Putter


Recommended Posts

So I’ve been seeing the commercials for the S7K and listening to the promises and claims about making more putts. It kind of bothers me because when I miss most of my putts it’s a read error. You can hit your putt on the line you choose all day long but if that line is wrong no putter will help. It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was snake-oil a couple of decades ago when they came out with the Stand-Up Putter, and it's snake-oil now

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

So I’ve been seeing the commercials for the S7K and listening to the promises and claims about making more putts. It kind of bothers me because when I miss most of my putts it’s a read error. You can hit your putt on the line you choose all day long but if that line is wrong no putter will help. It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long. 

You have cabin fever.  A stand up putter, when you stand behind it, shows you precisely where it's lined up.  Being human we can still do misreads of the break, fail to hit the putt along the intended line... and at the wrong speed.  But the stand up putter does remove one variable... moments before we screw up all the other variables...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The fact is a stand-up putter is only accurate when it is standing.  Once it goes into the golfer's hands, accuracy isn't guaranteed.  For me, the old method of picking your line and point in front as a target is still the best

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You have cabin fever.  A stand up putter, when you stand behind it, shows you precisely where it's lined up.  Being human we can still do misreads of the break, fail to hit the putt along the intended line... and at the wrong speed.  But the stand up putter does remove one variable... moments before we screw up all the other variables...

I’m not saying it that it doesn’t show you where you are lined up. My point is just because you are lined up where you want doesnt for certain make you more putts like they claim it will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

I’m not saying it that it doesn’t show you where you are lined up. My point is just because you are lined up where you want doesnt for certain make you more putts like they claim it will. 

Understood.  Unless your only problem is alignment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

It’s very snake oil salesman like. Anybody else feel that way or have I just been inside for to long.

Well really...what ‘ golf club infomercial’ isn’t mostly hogwash?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well really...what ‘ golf club infomercial’ isn’t mostly hogwash?

That’s true but for some reason this one really gets under my skin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

That’s true but for some reason this one really gets under my skin. 

The Square Strike wedge with the green plastic insert is still running around under my skin.  No offense to anyone here who owns one.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The Square Strike wedge with the green plastic insert is still running around under my skin.  No offense to anyone here who owns one.

YESSSSSSS!!!!! that one is getting close to pushing me over the ledge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:
TOT20101213-Reckless-Holiday-Gift-Guide-

You know them, you hate them, and if you watch Golf Channel, you’ve seen plenty of them. Golf infomercials present the...

 

That’s a hilarious list. Funny thing, i got a potty putter for a gag Christmas gift. I never opened it and my son wanted to. I gave him the green light and got used once and trashed lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. 5: The Stand-Up Putter

Right behind fire, the wheel and the steam engine on the list of innovations that have changed the course of history is the Stand-Up Putter.

The moment when the putter is first shown standing alone and upright on the green is too sublime for words. Surely, man walking upright for the first time could not have been so majestic.

The Stand-Up Putter would have revolutionized the pre-putt routine. After picking a line and making practice strokes, the golfer would simply step back from the putter at address to double-check the alignment of the putter. The putter, for its part, would simply stand there waiting for your return like an adoring dog.

Of course, as we all know, if your putter is square to your target, then you’ll necessarily hole your putt. Silly things like body alignment, putter path, acceleration and deceleration, putt speed and, silliest of all, reading the putt correctly, matter little when you have a putter that’s a marvelous freestanding structure.

 

Edited by iacas
weird text
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this putter is a cool concept, but would definitely slow down pace of play, and it falls over in windy conditions.  it would definitely help with lining up putts. but that being said, if your stroke was still shit, youre gonna miss left or right regardless of whether or not youre aimed at the hole.  and if your read is shit, and your speed is shit, your putts are gonna be..... well....... shit.  rick sheils does a good review of this putter and he seems to like it, but its not like he put it in the bag.  it's also incredibly heavy obviously, so you are limited to that kind of feel when you buy a putter like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 4/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, Double Mocha Man said:
TOT20101213-Reckless-Holiday-Gift-Guide-

You know them, you hate them, and if you watch Golf Channel, you’ve seen plenty of them. Golf infomercials present the...

 

A bit OT, but couldn’t resist:

POW!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. andreanewman
      andreanewman
      (29 years old)
    2. Erg
      Erg
      (54 years old)
    3. Hacker James
      Hacker James
      (79 years old)
    4. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (42 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...