IGNORED

Where Are You Going to Eat After COVID-19?

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 1370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, RoberX said:

I am going to eat at City BBQ. They have some really good brisket and burnt ends!

City BBQ does sound like a good idea. .. My local one still has take away.

I mostly miss my old haunts, because I miss seeing the people that hang around them. Guess it may be different other places, but here you can get pretty much anything you want, you just can't dine in.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

My wife says she is not cooking for a week, so I'm using google maps to plot out the best routes between restaurants.

I'm pretty sure that we're up to 2 weeks of a cooking strike pending at my house. 😉

- Shane

1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

Tony Jacal's, of course.  Favorite San Diego county Mexican restaurant.  Right nextdoor to Fidels which is also a favorite San Diego Mexican restauratn, but I like Tony's better.

Tony's.PNG

tony-s-jacal.jpg

Tony.jpg

original Tony.jpg

I went to Fidel's many, many moons ago.  Really great food. 

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

39 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

My wife says she is not cooking for a week, so I'm using google maps to plot out the best routes between restaurants.

If you plot it out just right you can establish certain distances between breakfast, lunch and dinner so you are always on the road or eating.  Sort of a foodie road trip.

19 hours ago, mellison24 said:

I'm missing McDs and PizzaHut in England ☹☹☹

McDonalds and Pizza Hut?!!! You need an intervention ASAP. 😝

- Shane

Probably my local pool hall.  Pizza or wings, but it’s not about the food.  It’s being able to get out and do something that I enjoy nearly as much as golf.

Besides, after all this, I’m gonna need a diet to offset all the hours spent with little to do but sit on my ass and eat!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

To be honest, if anything this quarantine has taught us how much money we save by eating at home.  I see us going out very little.

There is a really good all you can eat sushi place by my house. They are now number one on my list for the first place i want to eat when this crap it over!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Anywhere but at home!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try a local Tex-Mex place. They offered a $20 voucher for $10 on a site called "My Valley Dining". I checked out their menu and discovered that they offer "Park Inn Wet Burritos". Way back in the day The Park Inn was my hangout. There was a bar, restaurant, and band room, and I ate many, many of their wet burritos! They are open for carryout, so if restrictions aren't lifted soon I'll have to go that route since the voucher expires on May 31. 

My wife and I both cook reasonably well, so we're surviving just fine.  I think we've had carry-out just twice so far, pizza once, and BBQ (ribs and brisket) the other.  Two restaurants we'll be anxious to get back to are our favorite sushi place (Hama Sushi in Herndon if anyone near me wants a recommendation) and a very interesting place called Mokomandy, which does a very interesting combination and fusion of Korean and Cajun cuisines.  To me, sushi is really only good when eaten in the restaurant, take-away isn't the same, and Mokomandy isn't open at all right now, not even for take out.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Two restaurants we'll be anxious to get back to...

Not sure if you and the wife have been here, but once life gets back to normal I highly recommend it.  Great food and the hot chocolate is 2nd to none.

https://www.the-conche.com/

Gus
---------------

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

My wife and I both cook reasonably well, so we're surviving just fine.  I think we've had carry-out just twice so far, pizza once, and BBQ (ribs and brisket) the other.  Two restaurants we'll be anxious to get back to are our favorite sushi place (Hama Sushi in Herndon if anyone near me wants a recommendation) and a very interesting place called Mokomandy, which does a very interesting combination and fusion of Korean and Cajun cuisines.  To me, sushi is really only good when eaten in the restaurant, take-away isn't the same, and Mokomandy isn't open at all right now, not even for take out.

I had take out sushi last week. It wasn’t bad but certain not the same. I haven’t been in Herndon for many years. We used to eat at a place called The Black Eyed Pea. Is it still there?

- Shane

8 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I had take out sushi last week. It wasn’t bad but certain not the same. I haven’t been in Herndon for many years. We used to eat at a place called The Black Eyed Pea. Is it still there?

Black Eyed Pea has changed hands a bunch of times, I believe it's an Indian restaurant now.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Black Eyed Pea has changed hands a bunch of times, I believe it's an Indian restaurant now.

Bummer. I wonder if I would recognize my old stomping grounds. We talked about making a trip there this summer, but we are sure with all this madness. 

- Shane

Ive actually eaten the stuff I go out to eat at about the same rate as I usually would. Just take out now. 

But the first stop I'm making after this is over is this all you can eat sushi joint in Princeton NJ. I f**king love sushi...

24 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Ive actually eaten the stuff I go out to eat at about the same rate as I usually would. Just take out now. 

But the first stop I'm making after this is over is this all you can eat sushi joint in Princeton NJ. I f**king love sushi...

I’ve always envisioned my private golf club having a sushi bar. 

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!