CarlSpackler

Where Are You Going to Eat After COVID-19?

72 posts / 3592 viewsLast Reply

At a friends house, or with friends at my house. 

If we are talking strictly eating out, probably my buddy's pub. Got to support the little guys. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Bummer. I wonder if I would recognize my old stomping grounds. We talked about making a trip there this summer, but we are sure with all this madness. 

If you ever do get to this area, please get in touch.  If we don't get to play a bit of golf, we can at least have a beer or a meal.  

1 hour ago, JGus said:

Not sure if you and the wife have been here, but once life gets back to normal I highly recommend it.  Great food and the hot chocolate is 2nd to none.

https://www.the-conche.com/

As close at it is, we rarely get to Leesburg for dinner, but we'll keep it in mind, thanks!

35 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you ever do get to this area, please get in touch.  If we don't get to play a bit of golf, we can at least have a beer or a meal.  

As close at it is, we rarely get to Leesburg for dinner, but we'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Will do!

Most of my favorite restaurants are offering take out, so I haven't missed out too terribly. Can't get good dim sum for takeout, though, so I'm thinking that's what I'll do.

Athens Kouzzina - Greek... obviously.  We miss this place more than everywhere else.  We're friends with most of the staff and have been going there before we even lived in the Atlanta area.

Tropicana - Caribbean cuisine, which for me usually means Cuban, because I love the roasted pork, yellow rice, black beans, and plantains.

Viva Mexico - Mexican... obviously.  This is another one of our favorites that we've really missed.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Outside dining is open in Ohio. We’re eating pretzels with beer and waiting on wings to show up. Sweet bliss!

385302EE-4385-4461-881E-10689DA94C1F.jpeg9C9B4CB0-0214-429A-AC24-1ACE238E6E6F.jpeg

that looks delicious!

Here in CO, while restaurants for sit-down meal are open today, many are closing permanently.  I have yet to see any open near the front range.  They have take outs but none of the restaurants are open for sit-down dining.

I am not sure if it will happen anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

that looks delicious!

Here in CO, while restaurants for sit-down meal are open today, many are closing permanently.  I have yet to see any open near the front range.  They have take outs but none of the restaurants are open for sit-down dining.

Not sure where you are, but apparently brewery patios opened today in Longmont. Hopefully that means restaurants are close behind. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ernest Jones said:

At a friends house, or with friends at my house. 

If we are talking strictly eating out, probably my buddy's pub. Got to support the little guys. 

"Yo momma's house" would have been a better answer 🤣

On 5/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, Yukari said:

that looks delicious!

Eberts, the restaurant at Green Valley Ranch Golf Course is open for outdoor terrace seatings.  Went there for dinner last night - first time eating out since this all started.  

On 5/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, DaveP043 said:

My wife and I both cook reasonably well, so we're surviving just fine.  I think we've had carry-out just twice so far, pizza once, and BBQ (ribs and brisket) the other.  Two restaurants we'll be anxious to get back to are our favorite sushi place (Hama Sushi in Herndon if anyone near me wants a recommendation) and a very interesting place called Mokomandy, which does a very interesting combination and fusion of Korean and Cajun cuisines.  To me, sushi is really only good when eaten in the restaurant, take-away isn't the same, and Mokomandy isn't open at all right now, not even for take out.

Sad news yesterday, Mokomandy is closing for good.  :angry:

On 5/28/2020 at 1:03 AM, Bonvivant said:

"Yo momma's house" would have been a better answer 🤣

I already frequent yo momma's house, I assumed the OP meant what I'm am going to eat after this is over. 

22 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I already frequent yo momma's house, I assumed the OP meant what I'm am going to eat after this is over. 

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Still a lot of restaurants are not opened for sit down dining. 

Edit - stupid mobile autocorrect! 😡

Edited by Yukari

I forgot about this, but last Sunday we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I sat there and ate chips/salsa and had a jumbo margarita. So so good.