IGNORED

Where Are You Going to Eat After COVID-19?

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At a friends house, or with friends at my house. 

If we are talking strictly eating out, probably my buddy's pub. Got to support the little guys. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Bummer. I wonder if I would recognize my old stomping grounds. We talked about making a trip there this summer, but we are sure with all this madness. 

If you ever do get to this area, please get in touch.  If we don't get to play a bit of golf, we can at least have a beer or a meal.  

1 hour ago, JGus said:

Not sure if you and the wife have been here, but once life gets back to normal I highly recommend it.  Great food and the hot chocolate is 2nd to none.

https://www.the-conche.com/

As close at it is, we rarely get to Leesburg for dinner, but we'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

35 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

If you ever do get to this area, please get in touch.  If we don't get to play a bit of golf, we can at least have a beer or a meal.  

As close at it is, we rarely get to Leesburg for dinner, but we'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Will do!

- Shane

Most of my favorite restaurants are offering take out, so I haven't missed out too terribly. Can't get good dim sum for takeout, though, so I'm thinking that's what I'll do.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I just had Outback for the second time since March 13 (March 24 for my birthday the day prior). Yum.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Athens Kouzzina - Greek... obviously.  We miss this place more than everywhere else.  We're friends with most of the staff and have been going there before we even lived in the Atlanta area.

Tropicana - Caribbean cuisine, which for me usually means Cuban, because I love the roasted pork, yellow rice, black beans, and plantains.

Viva Mexico - Mexican... obviously.  This is another one of our favorites that we've really missed.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, CarlSpackler said:

Outside dining is open in Ohio. We’re eating pretzels with beer and waiting on wings to show up. Sweet bliss!

385302EE-4385-4461-881E-10689DA94C1F.jpeg9C9B4CB0-0214-429A-AC24-1ACE238E6E6F.jpeg

that looks delicious!

Here in CO, while restaurants for sit-down meal are open today, many are closing permanently.  I have yet to see any open near the front range.  They have take outs but none of the restaurants are open for sit-down dining.

I am not sure if it will happen anytime soon.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

that looks delicious!

Here in CO, while restaurants for sit-down meal are open today, many are closing permanently.  I have yet to see any open near the front range.  They have take outs but none of the restaurants are open for sit-down dining.

Not sure where you are, but apparently brewery patios opened today in Longmont. Hopefully that means restaurants are close behind. 

On 5/8/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ernest Jones said:

At a friends house, or with friends at my house. 

If we are talking strictly eating out, probably my buddy's pub. Got to support the little guys. 

"Yo momma's house" would have been a better answer 🤣

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

On 5/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, Yukari said:

that looks delicious!

Eberts, the restaurant at Green Valley Ranch Golf Course is open for outdoor terrace seatings.  Went there for dinner last night - first time eating out since this all started.  

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 5/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, DaveP043 said:

My wife and I both cook reasonably well, so we're surviving just fine.  I think we've had carry-out just twice so far, pizza once, and BBQ (ribs and brisket) the other.  Two restaurants we'll be anxious to get back to are our favorite sushi place (Hama Sushi in Herndon if anyone near me wants a recommendation) and a very interesting place called Mokomandy, which does a very interesting combination and fusion of Korean and Cajun cuisines.  To me, sushi is really only good when eaten in the restaurant, take-away isn't the same, and Mokomandy isn't open at all right now, not even for take out.

Sad news yesterday, Mokomandy is closing for good.  :angry:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

21 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Sad news yesterday, Mokomandy is closing for good.  :angry:

star wars no GIF

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 5/28/2020 at 1:03 AM, Bonvivant said:

"Yo momma's house" would have been a better answer 🤣

I already frequent yo momma's house, I assumed the OP meant what I'm am going to eat after this is over. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

22 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I already frequent yo momma's house, I assumed the OP meant what I'm am going to eat after this is over. 

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

- Shane

• 4 weeks later...

Still a lot of restaurants are not opened for sit down dining. 

Edit - stupid mobile autocorrect! 😡

Edited by Yukari

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I forgot about this, but last Sunday we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I sat there and ate chips/salsa and had a jumbo margarita. So so good. 

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!