IGNORED

Favorite Hole in Championship Golf

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, JGus said:

18 at Torrey Pines

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this one. When I got the chance to play Torrey South, I actually found myself underwhelmed by the 18th. 

For TV purposes, it's a pretty cool finishing hole - a risk/reward par 5 over water, especially when backdropped by the grandstands. 

But when you are out there playing it without fans or a grandstand, it's actually a pretty run of the mill par 5 - and in my estimation, was one of the least exciting holes on the course.

Edited by Big C

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the 18th at Pebble Beach, ocean left, OB right, and that damn tree!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Just now, NM Golf said:

I like the 18th at Pebble Beach, ocean left, OB right, and that damn tree!

If I ever got to play PB, I guarantee my drive would end up right behind that tree.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, Big C said:

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this one. When I got the chance to play Torrey South, I actually found myself underwhelmed by the 18th. 

For TV purposes, it's a pretty cool finishing hole - a risk/reward par 5 over water, especially when backdropped by the grandstands. 

But when you are out there playing it without fans or a grandstand, it's actually a pretty run of the mill par 5 - and in my estimation, was one of the least exciting holes on the course.

You know I can't really argue about it being a run of the mill par 5 on a normal day.  I haven't played the south course, just have walked it and stayed in the Hilton off the 18 numerous times.  I've been there during tournament play, so I think I may be combining the TV part of it to enhance the thought of playing it.  And have been there during normal play as well, and walking up and down the 18 without fans and grandstands does make it just another hole until you add the picture from the tournament days. 

My thought about it is probably the fact that I have been there so many times but have never gotten the chance to play due to the reasons I'm out there.

Gus
---------------

Note: This thread is 1462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!