IGNORED

Golf This Weekend in Dayton? 4/25, 4/26?

mcanadiens

Played both days last weekend between Miami Shores and Homestead, but had to get lucky to find a spot.

With the home courses still shut and everybody that ever swung a stick trying to get out, walking on is a tough task. I need a tee time and that means I need another person.

Any suckers, err, volunteers?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It MIGHT be warm enough on Saturday, but the precip will likely keep me indoors.

image.png

Actually, that would work well if it rains just enough to keep the fair-weather types (like yourself) off the course without become a monsoon.

And "might be warm enough" is funny. No frost at 50 degrees, you know.

49 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Played both days last weekend between Miami Shores and Homestead, but had to get lucky to find a spot.

With the home courses still shut and everybody that ever swung a stick trying to get out, walking on is a tough task. I need a tee time and that means I need another person.

Any suckers, err, volunteers?

Man, I would like to. Right now my schedule just plain stinks. I've only had one chance to play this year and that was because it was my birthday. 

Keep putting out invitations though, because eventually my schedule WILL clear up and then I'm in. 

11 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Man, I would like to. Right now my schedule just plain stinks. I've only had one chance to play this year and that was because it was my birthday. 

Keep putting out invitations though, because eventually my schedule WILL clear up and then I'm in. 

Your C-bus area if I'm remembering correctly.

Always sort of meant to give National Golf Links in S. Charleston a try. That wouldn't be a bad halfway spot if the timing ever turns up right. 

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Your C-bus area if I'm remembering correctly.

Always sort of meant to give National Golf Links in S. Charleston a try. That wouldn't be a bad halfway spot if the timing ever turns up right. 

It's a deal!

26 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Actually, that would work well if it rains just enough to keep the fair-weather types (like yourself) off the course without become a monsoon.

And "might be warm enough" is funny. No frost at 50 degrees, you know.

Cloudy, windy and 50 feels a lot different than sunny and 50. I'll just continue to watch the weather forecast, but will likely do some projects around the house so they're done when nicer weather arrives.

I've played there. Longer links style course. I would definitely be interested when it's warmer.

This weekend is looking less desirable with the precipitation. I don't mind cold (50 isn't even close to cold), but wet is a whole different ball game

8 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

This weekend is looking less desirable with the precipitation. I don't mind cold (50 isn't even close to cold), but wet is a whole different ball game

Careful. I was chastised for being a "fair weather golfer" by saying such things. 😉

8 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Careful. I was chastised for being a "fair weather golfer" by saying such things. 😉

If there is guaranteed rain, I'm not making tee times. 35 degrees? No problem. Light drizzle? No thanks. Lol 

47 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I wouldn't say "chastised".  It is simply what you are, no derogatory undertone intended. 

37 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

If there is guaranteed rain, I'm not making tee times. 35 degrees? No problem. Light drizzle? No thanks. Lol 

If the weather is supposed to be that bad, I got nothing to worry about anyway.  Hopefully the teeming throngs that overran the courses last few weeks also stay in the warm and loving bosoms of their respective homes. 

Personally, I'd like an entirely empty Miami Shores to myself this weekend.

I wouldn't say "chastised".  It is simply what you are, no derogatory undertone intended. 

If the weather is supposed to be that bad, I got nothing to worry about anyway.  Hopefully the teeming throngs that overran the courses last few weeks also stay in the warm and loving bosoms of their respective homes. 

Personally, I'd like an entirely empty Miami Shores to myself this weekend.

Completely understand that. Sugar Isle was fairly empty on Sunday. I think that basically anywhere that is walking only should be empty no matter what the weather is doing.

5 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Completely understand that. Sugar Isle was fairly empty on Sunday. I think that basically anywhere that is walking only should be empty no matter what the weather is doing.

Really? 

Miami Shores was packed on Sunday. I had to go to Homestead and then get lucky to be paired with another Troy-area fugitive. Homestead was buzzing as well.

Really? 

Miami Shores was packed on Sunday. I had to go to Homestead and then get lucky to be paired with another Troy-area fugitive. Homestead was buzzing as well.

Yeah. I just figured it was because there were walking only. Nate called them at like 12:45 and we got on at 2:24. 3:15 minute round or so.

23 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I'm messing with you. 😉

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I think I will play tomorrow afternoon though. Upper 50s and sunny.

Look at you planting crazy ideas in my susceptible head.

Definitely got some stuff to work on and am now mulling if it can't all just get done on Thursday. Probably could. 

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Look at you planting crazy ideas in my susceptible head.

Definitely got some stuff to work on and am now mulling if it can't all just get done on Thursday. Probably could. 

Thursday is a much better day for desk work. Tomorrow will be the last golfable day for a while. 

• iacas changed the title to Golf This Weekend in Dayton? 4/25, 4/26?

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...