Jump to content
IGNORED

Golf This Weekend in Dayton? 4/25, 4/26?


mcanadiens
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/24/2020 at 2:19 PM, CarlSpackler said:

BTW - Where the heck is @Jeremie Boop?

He was having a heck of a time escaping the house last year. We played a time or two at Shelby Oaks and those were some of the only rounds he played (at least at that point). 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

He was having a heck of a time escaping the house last year. We played a time or two at Shelby Oaks and those were some of the only rounds he played (at least at that point).

We will have to get him out. I would like to play this Shelby Oaks place. Probably not for a while as I sit here with my ankle elevated. I rolled it yesterday, and it's a nice shade of greenish purple.

Did you get out Saturday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

We will have to get him out. I would like to play this Shelby Oaks place. Probably not for a while as I sit here with my ankle elevated. I rolled it yesterday, and it's a nice shade of greenish purple.

Did you get out Saturday?

Shelby Oaks is a friendly course without being too boring. Not bad to walk at all. Granted, it's a heck of a drive for you, but pretty well situated between myself and JB

Sorry about your ankle though. You're going need those things to play this silly game.

I did get out Saturday as well. Young Booher at Miami Shores matched me up with a couple of their members. Fella seems to be doing a good job and the place is going full tilt.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Shelby Oaks is a friendly course without being too boring. Not bad to walk at all. Granted, it's a heck of a drive for you, but pretty well situated between myself and JB

Sorry about your ankle though. You're going need those things to play this silly game.

I did get out Saturday as well. Young Booher at Miami Shores matched me up with a couple of their members. Fella seems to be doing a good job and the place is going full tilt.

Thankfully it's my right ankle. I may have to stack-n-tilt for a while. Next Sat. is looking pretty good so far, but you know how that goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

CoD course possibly open this weekend. A little birdie told me first day is Friday the 1st. Great news for up passholders

Even better news for them. ... Maybe we won't skin them alive now.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Bonvivant said:

CoD course possibly open this weekend. A little birdie told me first day is Friday the 1st. Great news for up passholders

Your birdie was wrong.

DDN just posted this half an hour ago. 

Maybe those no-accounts can just send the money for my pass up to Miami Shores. What a load of bull.

golf.jpg

Dayton officials decided that the city golf centers did not have the resources to meet safe operating protocols outlined by Gov. Mike DeWine’s plan to reopen businesses around Ohio. The Division of Golf will evaluate...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Your birdie was wrong.

DDN just posted this half an hour ago. 

Maybe those no-accounts can just send the money for my pass up to Miami Shores. What a load of bull.

golf.jpg

Dayton officials decided that the city golf centers did not have the resources to meet safe operating protocols outlined by Gov. Mike DeWine’s plan to reopen businesses around Ohio. The Division of Golf will evaluate...

 

That absolutely blows. I was from an employee so I figured it was pretty accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

They must have planned on opening. I noticed this morning that Duck scheduled a quota game at Madden Friday morning. 

That's what Fink thought to as recently as Monday. 

I'm guessing one of those political hacks killed it. Probably THBIC.

Bonus points if you can word that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, mcanadiens said:

That's what Fink thought to as recently as Monday. 

I'm guessing one of those political hacks killed it. Probably THBIC.

Bonus points if you can word that out.

My old boss had that on her locker at H&D metropark. I know that one very well, but we used it more endearingly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Golf This Weekend in Dayton? 4/25, 4/26?
1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

I doubt it does any good, but I signed it anyway.

Gotta fight the good fight.

Tomorrow sets up for one of the reasons this is a problem. I got work to do at my mom's in the morning. Without Kittyhawk, getting out in the afternoon is very dubious.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

 Share




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
  • Posts

    • Most of my rounds are at 4,200 ft, at sea level that 3W is probably 15ish yards shorter.  I’m not as long as it sounds, unfortunately.  I would utilize the 3W on more than just 14 tee shots (2nd shot on par 5s, choke down for some 190-230 shots, hit some low punch shots). I’m certainly not saying you’re thinking about anything wrong (as far as your game and selection), I was hung up on the “terrible option” comment.  I really like my driver and hybrid as well, if this were a 6 club challenge I’d swap out the 3W for the driver and hybrid all day.  But alas, we only get 5 clubs.
    • The handicap season is over. You should have told him you can warm your balls with whatever you want 😜
    • On my home course I’d take driver, 3-hybrid, 7-iron, SW, and putter. Driver is debatable, because I only hit it 3-4 times per round, so I could probably bring a 3W and drop 3-hybrid and rearrange the irons/wedges (3W, 5-iron, 8-iron, SW, putter). But driver gives me the best chance to score well on the par-5 holes (longest is 505 yards), and I wouldn’t want to give that up, since these holes are where I make birdie most often. 
    • Say a prayer for our state: From M-Live: Michigan reported 15,385 new COVID-19 cases, about 7,693 a day, and 351 deaths on Tuesday, Dec. 7 and Wednesday, Dec. 8. Over the last seven days, Michigan reported an average of 7,203 new, reported cases and 108 new deaths. These are up from 5,980 new cases per day and 71 deaths a week ago. State data, last updated Friday, Dec. 3, shows 65.8% of residents 12 and older have received at least a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine. The state is now seeing the greatest number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients since the start of the pandemic. Previous highs were set in the spring of 2020.
    • Day 130: Cold and drizzly outside so continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel to keep club from going too much inside, and also working on transition move. Transition feels good in slow rehearsal, and okay striking balls at slow speed, but hasn’t translated to 100% speed well yet. 
  • Today's Birthdays


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...