saevel25

NCAA Football 2020

6 posts / 2642 viewsLast Reply

Biggest headlines so far..

1. Ohio State killing it on the recruiting trail for 2020. 17 commits, 95.25 (out of 100) average per player. On pace to have the greatest recruiting class of all time. The scary thing is, they could pick up 3 more of the top 100 recruits for 2020. That isn't included the top player who decommitted from Clemson. On a side note, this has been killing OU's recruiting. OSU got the transfer from OU. They took the RB that OU wanted. Then Riley sub-tweeted that they got a commit. The commit doesn't confirm it, and then all the recruiting insiders flip their predictions from OU to OSU. Then 24 hours later the kid commits to OSU. 

2. Mac Brown at North Carolina, killing it on the recruiting trail, ranked 2nd and having 14 commits so far. The guy almost pulled off the biggest upset last year against Clemson. Will there finally be competition for Clemson in the ACC! 

3. Will they start the NCAA season on time. I can see the biggest issue being that colleges become hot spots for resurgence of the COVID-19 in the fall causing issues. I could see them pushing the season back a month. 

4. Nick Saban finally learned how to use email? Which maybe makes me think his recruiting is even more ridiculous that he doesn't do the social media stuff. 

hi-res-52d6426354f7192b25a6a65e64550bd2_

Nick Saban is one of the most accomplished college football coaches in history, but he isn't exactly tech savvy. Or at least he wasn't until the...

5. Minnesota ranked 5th in recruiting! Lets go Minnesota! I hope they get a few more to sign and end up with a top 25 class. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm really excited to see what this new pair of strength and conditioning coaches bring to the table for Alabama.  For all of the bluster about Scott Cochran's greatness, we have had a ton of pre-season injuries over the last few years that have torpedoed our seasons before they've even gotten started, especially in our linebacker corps.

2 minutes ago, bwdial said:

I'm really excited to see what this new pair of strength and conditioning coaches bring to the table for Alabama.  For all of the bluster about Scott Cochran's greatness, we have had a ton of pre-season injuries over the last few years that have torpedoed our seasons before they've even gotten started, especially in our linebacker corps.

Just looking at player development, I think OSU's S/C coach is the best. Hardly anyone gets injured preseason at OSU. The players look good. They seem to never look tired in the 4th quarter of any game. 

To me, that is the most important coach besides a head coach. 

40 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Just looking at player development, I think OSU's S/C coach is the best. Hardly anyone gets injured preseason at OSU. The players look good. They seem to never look tired in the 4th quarter of any game. 

To me, that is the most important coach besides a head coach. 

That's where we were light years ahead a few years back, but we had slipped back into the pack as of late.  I know Cochran's head was turned when Smart left, and I can't help thinking that caused a lack of focus.  What you described was exactly where we were from 2009 through about 2017, but the pre-season injuries started piling up and we haven't come into the fall with a full complement of linebackers since.

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

B10 is back! Lets GO!!! 

And there goes TTUN's unbeaten season.