IGNORED

Thinking of Doing an Instructional Video Series…

Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Monthly Instructional Subscription  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for four (4) videos per month from Erik and Dave? Videos would be 3 to 8 minutes.

• I would not pay for such a thing.
    • $1 to $3
    • $4 to $6
    • $7 to $10
    • $11+
  2. 2. Same as above, but four (4) from Dave/Erik and four more (8 total) from other Golf Evolution instructors, like Preston, Brian, Stephan, Kris, etc.

• I would not pay for such a thing.
    • $1 to $3
    • $4 to $6
    • $7 to $10
    • $11 to $15
    • $16+

I put that I would not pay. Mostly because I have looked at a lot of online help, as well as have taken quite a few clinics and private lessons.  I have found that for me, the best results come from one on one instruction. Not saying that won't change as I progress in my golfing though, always open to new ideas.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would not pay.  If I was going to pay anything, I would go for private lessons or Evolvr.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I put that I would not pay. Mostly because I have looked at a lot of online help, as well as have taken quite a few clinics and private lessons.  I have found that for me, the best results come from one on one instruction. Not saying that won't change as I progress in my golfing though, always open to new ideas.

14 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I would not pay.  If I was going to pay anything, I would go for private lessons or Evolvr.

I'm not going to try to sway your opinion, but consider that if it's $5/month, $60/year (less than the cost of a single lesson) should result in 40-60 videos.

It's not like this costs the price of a lesson. Or even the price of Evolvr.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm not going to try to sway your opinion, but consider that if it's $5/month, $60/year (less than the cost of a single lesson) should result in 40-60 videos.

It's not like this costs the price of a lesson. Or even the price of Evolvr.

I think that's why tier 2/3 offer so much more value, especially compared to the competition. You can find a golf video on just about every swing fault there is, free of charge. But are you trying to fix the right thing? Are you executing things correctly, or making things worse? Those questions are why I was able to justify trying Evolvr.

Suddenly a bi-weekly Q&A becomes much more valuable, as does a quick video lesson. Would I have spent $14 for one Evolvr lesson instead of signing up for a full month? Absolutely, and I probably would've done it months ago.

MeAndMyGolf has a pretty thorough selection of swing fixes. If you slice the ball, go watch their 10 slice videos and practice the drills. What they don't have (to my knowledge), is the option for an instructor to tell you exactly which video you should be watching or drill to be practicing.

3 minutes ago, DaHolla said:

MeAndMyGolf has a pretty thorough selection of swing fixes. If you slice the ball, go watch their 10 slice videos and practice the drills. What they don't have (to my knowledge), is the option for an instructor to tell you exactly which video you should be watching or drill to be practicing.

This is the problem with all free instructional content. Unless you have a decent understanding of the golf swing, you won’t be able to sift through what’s relevant to your swing. The average person certainly does not have a decent understanding of the golf swing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DaHolla said:

Suddenly a bi-weekly Q&A becomes much more valuable, as does a quick video lesson. Would I have spent $14 for one Evolvr lesson instead of signing up for a full month? Absolutely, and I probably would've done it months ago.

FWIW, the "tiers" were completely made up. Hence the bunny one. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I put $11+. I subscribe to a site that does something just like this, in my opinion, very well. I pay more than you quote here, so I'm a potential customer. PM me if you want the site name. Good luck!

Edited by chspeed

My $0.02: 

On principle, I try to keep my monthly subscriptions to a minimum. It's easy to say "oh, what's another $10?" but after a handful of times, that starts to add up to real money.

That said, golf is important to me, and I trust the content you put out, so I would likely pay a modest fee for 1 video per week. I don't believe additional videos from other instructors would add value for me personally. I just don't have time to watch, implement and practice that much content. One video a week is pretty much my sweet spot (as an example, I am just now working on "Day 7" of your Covid challenge).

The only other thing I would likely "level up" for, in terms of subscription costs, is the quick video lesson you suggested above. I am not familiar with the Golf Coach App or how it works. But something similar to the Member Swing Thread on this site, where I could post one swing per month and get some feedback would be valuable and something I would consider paying more for.

• Like 1

There's tons of competition out there. The on-line instructors all seem to have the same formula; Provide a bunch of free content on YouTube or Instagram the purpose of which is to lure you into paying for more in depth videos. IE: Scratch Golf Academy, The Lag Doctor, Rotary Swing Golf, Monte Scheinblum, Jake Hutt, et al. From what I've seen of the free content, it's kind of like performance art. If the guy puts on a good free show, has an interesting personality or an unusual slant on the game, maybe someone will bite. Personally, I'm kind of old fashioned and would prefer to pay the going rate for instruction from a hands on local teaching pro dealing with whatever malady happens to be afflicting me at any given time.

• Like 1

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

I don’t have an awful lot of disposable income but I like the idea, I thoroughly enjoyed the 30 day practice plan. 

• 1 month later...

I put $11+.   I already have so many monthly subscriptions, I can't even remember what TV channels I have and don't have.   This would be way more valuable than the Showtime subscription that I may or may not have right now.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

I'm a bit late to the party.  How would this interact with Evolvr?  It's also that my practice schedule is so irregular (parts of the year I get every day, and even sometimes when I thought I'd have time to practice work picks up and I'm not exactly the most focused or time-management-skilled person;  the April Covid golf challenge comes to mind as something I thought I'd be able to complete and I haven't yet gotten back to).

That having been said, I could definitely see chipping in a few bucks.  I try to be very careful about my monthly subscriptions, and any that I'm not using I try to either prune, or if I keep, it's because it's important to me for other reasons (Evolvr fits into that category:  it's great when I use it, and I'm happy with where the money goes even for months where I don't use it). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 1 month later...

At $10.00/month - count me in.

I am currently taking lessons with a PGA Instructor but there are so many things that we cannot cover in lessons that a video series as outlined can fill in. 

Until i saw this thread i was going to pm Erik regarding this. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!