IGNORED

My Swing (imgoinhungry)

imgoinhungry
Note: This thread is 1422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, imgoinhungry said:

Any drills to limit the sway?  Or is it just a matter of filming it and constantly checking it?  Thanks again for the feesback.  Ive only been playing for about a year and a half.

No problem man, I'm glad to help. So a really good one is going to be recruiting somebody to statically hold some kind of stick/rod against the leading temple of your head as you swing. Your goal is going to be to maintain the connection between the rod and your head.

Sometimes on this forum we like to talk about "feels" and a good one for you to use to begin ingraining this pattern into muscle memory is to actually feel like you are moving your head FORWARD a few inches in the backswing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, imgoinhungry said:

Any drills to limit the sway?  Or is it just a matter of filming it and constantly checking it?  Thanks again for the feesback.  Ive only been playing for about a year and a half.

I would start with drills 1 through 5 here and progress through all the full swing drills. These are great drills. They step through the proper positions and sequence of your swing. If you have a mirror, it helps too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I would start with drills 1 through 5 here and progress through all the full swing drills. These are great drills. They step through the proper positions and sequence of your swing. If you have a mirror, it helps too. 

Dude, this is money!  

21 hours ago, Grizvok said:

No problem man, I'm glad to help. So a really good one is going to be recruiting somebody to statically hold some kind of stick/rod against the leading temple of your head as you swing. Your goal is going to be to maintain the connection between the rod and your head.

Sometimes on this forum we like to talk about "feels" and a good one for you to use to begin ingraining this pattern into muscle memory is to actually feel like you are moving your head FORWARD a few inches in the backswing. 

HUGE help.  That feel of moving my head forward was good.  Im making flush contact now.  Direction needs work, but at least Im making good contact.  I think I just got lazy with my backswing at some point.

That being said, im now hooking my driver.  Lol.  Ill work on it.

Thanks again!

18 hours ago, imgoinhungry said:

HUGE help.  That feel of moving my head forward was good.  Im making flush contact now.  Direction needs work, but at least Im making good contact.  I think I just got lazy with my backswing at some point.

That being said, im now hooking my driver.  Lol.  Ill work on it.

Thanks again!

I'm not sure if this is the case or not with your training, but I'd warn against quickly thinking you have one thing down and are ready to move on to the next thing. I'd say the next few weeks at least should be spent on creating and ingraining a proper centered pivot. Ingrain is the key word there. Swing changes tend to flow best when the thing you've just been working on has successfully been ingrained as a motor pattern.

1 minute ago, Grizvok said:

I'm not sure if this is the case or not with your training, but I'd warn against quickly thinking you have one thing down and are ready to move on to the next thing. I'd say the next few weeks at least should be spent on creating and ingraining a proper centered pivot. Ingrain is the key word there. Swing changes tend to flow best when the thing you've just been working on has successfully been ingrained as a motor pattern.

This talks about it in more detail

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 1422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!