Jump to content
IGNORED

Fitted for G410 - Will That Work for G400?


Recommended Posts

Hi!

There are PING G400 irons out there at a good price, but there is no-one around here that can do fitting for such old models.
The closest I can come is G410, so is there anyone out there who has experience from both?
Would a fitting for G410 mean that corresponding G400 would work for me?
(Given that I find the right specs of course, but graphite shaft and regular flex is probably the best for me - and easy to find. Maybe lie can be a problem.)

If I can't, I'll just go for the (current) model that I can get fitted for. But I like the G400 looks much better than G410. And I can save almost $300.


Thanks for advice!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • iacas changed the title to Fitted for G410 - Will That Work for G400?

Not sure why a Ping fitter can't do fittings for the G400's, if they are certified fitters they should have all of the heads in their kit.

My guess is the only difference in the fitting would be launch and distance as I believe the lofts are different between the two.  But the Ping Dot Color should be the same for any iron fitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
31 minutes ago, JGus said:

Not sure why a Ping fitter can't do fittings for the G400's, if they are certified fitters they should have all of the heads in their kit.

If they cleared their inventory of the G400 kit, they won’t be able to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39 minutes ago, JGus said:

Not sure why a Ping fitter can't do fittings for the G400's, if they are certified fitters they should have all of the heads in their kit.

My guess is the only difference in the fitting would be launch and distance as I believe the lofts are different between the two.  But the Ping Dot Color should be the same for any iron fitting.

Well that's what they said. Maybe Ping doesn't allow them when a new model is out? They want to push the new ones? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say it’s probably worth a shot getting fit for the g410 and then go hunting for a used set of g400’s with the same specs.  You’ll save more than $300!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I’d say it’s probably worth a shot getting fit for the g410 and then go hunting for a used set of g400’s with the same specs.  You’ll save more than $300!

Well, I'd prefer a new set, not a used one. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a recurring problem with fittings. Even the online fittings steer players to the current models. I always stay one or two generations back when buying new clubs. My advice is to try to find a set you can demo. Obviously, that is harder to do with irons than drivers and fairways. There are some preowned sites that let you try before you buy. While getting fit is important, most amateurs do not swing the same every time they play. I once got fit for a driver by a reputable OEM in November. When Spring rolled around the club did not perform very well at all. For me, the best way to test a set of clubs is to play several rounds with them. I know others will disagree, but standing in an indoor hitting bay with a Trackman just doesn't feel the same to me as playing shots on a course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:13 AM, Hoganman1 said:

This is a recurring problem with fittings. Even the online fittings steer players to the current models. I always stay one or two generations back when buying new clubs. My advice is to try to find a set you can demo. Obviously, that is harder to do with irons than drivers and fairways. There are some preowned sites that let you try before you buy. While getting fit is important, most amateurs do not swing the same every time they play. I once got fit for a driver by a reputable OEM in November. When Spring rolled around the club did not perform very well at all. For me, the best way to test a set of clubs is to play several rounds with them. I know others will disagree, but standing in an indoor hitting bay with a Trackman just doesn't feel the same to me as playing shots on a course.

Yeah nothing like being on course, I look for a range where I can hit on real grass. I'm using one of those balls on a string, my lawns not happy with that lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...