seanoando

Selling Clubs Through eBay? Shipping?

5 posts / 396 viewsLast Reply

Hey guys, I’ve recently been going through my garage and selling all my clubs that I didn’t want on eBay. I sold 2 clubs earlier this week and the UPS store charged me $200 for the CHEAPEST shipping option. Surely there is a cheaper way. I can get my own boxes, how do I go from here??

14 hours ago, seanoando said:

Hey guys, I’ve recently been going through my garage and selling all my clubs that I didn’t want on eBay. I sold 2 clubs earlier this week and the UPS store charged me $200 for the CHEAPEST shipping option. Surely there is a cheaper way. I can get my own boxes, how do I go from here??

Yikes! I always use USPS Priority Mail. Shipping is paid for by the purchaser in eBay if you specify this option when you set up the auction. eBay quotes the shipping based on that option and charges them. You can specify the exact dimensions of the box and weight to get a more accurate price. Remember, the buyer pays for the shipping when you do it this way.

After the sale, you buy a USPS shipping label right from eBay and put it on the box then take it to the post office. I find it very easy. Plus eBay is pretty good at estimating the weight and box size.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/8/2020 at 5:35 PM, seanoando said:

Please refer to @boogielicious post. He’s 100% correct. And for the love of Pete! $200? 
07788C84-EC79-48BF-A07B-8099A5F53AF4.gif.6c357b1494993569a8a1b2b53629bd74.gif

Wow that sounds like something isn’t right, I sold a golf bag on eBay and it was $50

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Day 122.  More carpet putting;  larger room, a bit more time, different spot, same ruler.  I am beginning to think bead is not the problem with my putting. 
    • Great idea @cipher, yep I'm definitely interested.
    • Day 49 - More swings working on my new setup. 
    • Hello everyone. The golf gods have pulled me back in, and I’m hoping it will stick this time. Just scheduled my first lesson in over a decade, so maybe some financial investment will help keep me in the game. Here are a couple of swings from tonight. Now that I’m back, still working on getting more depth in the backswing.    9i DTL: 60-70 yard LW DTL: Plan is to get a couple of lessons and then a fitting. These clubs are too short and 17 years old at this point. The instructor fits Mizuno and Ping, and the new Hot Metals Pros look great. The new Ben Hogan’s are also quite attractive, but I won’t have a fitting option. 
    • As someone who plays roughly 6 month of the year with rain gear I feel qualified to say, most, if not all rain gear is an enormous struggle to fit.    Let’s start with pants. They are ALWAYS too long with a waist that is not matching, usually too small. Foot-Joys pants are lousy elastic in the waist and I have to wear a clip at the bottom to avoid dragging my pants all over the golf course. Nike has the best in my opinion. Sizing is easier and not ridiculously long length.    Jackets rarely offer much “give”. Most are hard to swing in. I have purchased the $250 top of the line, same problem. I recommend undersizing as many of the good brands will do a fair amount of stretching. Foot-Joy when undersized is good, also I like Nike undersized also. Nike has quite a bit of give and is the best in my opinion.  I also have an Under Armour that gives nicely too.    I don’t like pullovers but that is probably personal preference. Hard to get on and off easily. Don’t get me started on zippers. Foot-Joy has nice zippers, everyone skimps there and it is the first place the jacket begins to break down. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. billymo2
      billymo2
      (28 years old)
    2. bostonboy9416
      bostonboy9416
      (20 years old)
    3. kpaulhus
      kpaulhus
      (33 years old)
    4. StuBo84
      StuBo84
      (36 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...