IGNORED

Does Anyone Here Golf Right Handed and Bat Left Handed?

choran
Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i shoot pool left handed, shoot a rifle left handed, but i think thats because my left eye is the dominant one, has anyone ever heard of that? i golf right handed but i think i should putt lefty, i suck at putting

Same with me. I am a lefty for eating, writing, shooting pool, and right handed for golf and most other sports. I am also left eye dominate.

However being left eye dominant and right handed golfer is actually an advantage or so I have read. Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods are both left eye dominant. I dont think it has helped me though..
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Being able to throw right and left handed skillfully is quite a feat, especially for competitive baseball. Did you start throwing both ways while you were fairly young?

Yeah, I threw my arm out (right) as a kid, started throwing lefty and then it became a thing with throwing with both arms.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• 13 years later...

Throw: left (I have throw lefty in softball before when I had a torn ACL in my right arm.  I was the catcher and would get cursed out by the pitcher when the ball did not reach him, but I got better))

Bat: left

Drive: left

Bowl: either

Tennis: I haven't really tried, but I may use both hands (switch the racquet as needed)

Skip rocks on the water: left and right

Horsehoes: left

My grandfather was a highly-successful surgeon.  He was also an avid hunter.  He injured his right hand with one of his guns.  He ended up doing all of his surgeries with his left hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

Play pool left handed.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• iacas changed the title to Does Anyone Here Golf Right Handed and Bat Left Handed?
  • 2 months later...

Yes! I was just watching a football game and thought to myself as I often do that I bat Lefty and golf righty. I'm 58 and I have all my life. Although I haven't batted for real and probably 40 years except an occasional softball game. But I think I always golfed righty because my dad was a golfer and he was right-handed and he thought that I should just golf that way. But it's funny that every once in a while I practice a bat swing and a golf swing and I'm always interested in why this was the case

Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!