bkuehn1952

COVID-19 and Sharing a Cart?

Sharing a cart with a stranger with a jury-rigged divider  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Comfortable sharing a cart with a stranger? (Multiple choices may be selected)

• Yes, with a plexiglass divider installed
    • Yes, with a shower curtain type plastic divider
    • Yes, no divider needed
    • Not right now but I could be convinced
    • No. Any separation is not sufficient for me
    • Something else - please explain

59 posts / 3489 viewsLast Reply

You can absolutely catch it outdoors if you are close enough to inhale others air. 2 metres is the adviced distance over here. 

Covid is not widespread here and risk is lower then a regular car with windows and recirculating air but I would just walk the course anyway.

34 minutes ago, knott said:

You can absolutely catch it outdoors if you are close enough to inhale others air. 2 metres is the adviced distance over here.

Nobody's said you can't catch it outdoors. They have pointed out that it's far less likely.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/19/2020 at 12:52 AM, iacas said:

Why?

There's virtually no chance of catching it outdoors.

Someone would have to talk straight at you for about fifteen minutes or something. And that someone would have to be infected and capable of passing it on.

Let's trust the science here.

Well you said it here. Virtually no chance of cathing it outdoors.

1 minute ago, knott said:

Well you said it here. Virtually no chance of cathing it outdoors.

Yeah, sorry, that's not the same as "you absolutely can't catch it outside."

"Virtually no chance" = "almost no chance." And I'll stand by that - outdoors the chances are very, very low.

Then I gave an example of a type of situation that might lead to transmission.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Save your money and get a good unit. Sounds like you’re serious. The problem is your budget. Unfortunately, better units simply won’t likely fall to within your budget at this point in time. The mevo+ looks promising but the stickers would be a deal breaker for me. My set up is a gc2, computer with FR1 (with all courses), country club elite mat, projector, and hitting screen. I’m sure I’ve left something out. The only problems I have with the gc2 is the fact that it over-rewards low spin shots (like driver) on the carry distance. Otherwise, it’s very accurate. Really the only data points I care about are ball speed and start line; I don’t curve the ball too much generally. If my ball speed and start line are where I want it, I’m pretty happy. Other potential issue I see for it moving forward: it does not have a LED flash like the quad so those have to be replaced after a while (long time but still). That said my foresight guy gets me what I need and has taken care of me. 
    • The Ping G410 Plus sits open at address. My suggestion is to take your grip and hold it straight in front of you with the club face is square, then address the ball. Your push should then become a draw. 
    • Erik already told you what you need to do from a technical standpoint.  I think you're trying too hard and you're getting emotional while you're playing. I can tell from your post. Emotions can help you focus in some sports, but in golf they will absolutely punish you. If you let your emotions get the better of you, they will reinforce the negative and ignore the positive while you are playing. And once that starts you might as well pack it in for the round. You and I have been playing about the same length of time. I'm a 90s golfer. I don't know if I'll ever break into the 80s consistently. It's a goal, but the world won't end if I don't. You've put more time and effort into this than I have. The biggest lesson I learned was to play the game one shot at a time. Forget the last shot that you hit. It's gone. It's not there anymore. You have an entirely new situation in front of you. Look it over, figure out how to best play it, pull the club, go through your pre-shot routine, relax, visualize the successful shot, trust yourself, and swing the club. "What happens if I hit a bad shot?" you say. Laugh if you have to. You're not playing for a $ millions. The shot is gone. You have a new shot. It's the only way to deal with it without getting negative thoughts. Play within your game. Don't try to do what your game doesn't allow you too do.  You also said "an easy 6i shot". Now I don't know if you meant to take an easy swing with the 6i or it was a simple 6i shot. English is vague. If you meant the latter, you assigned a value to the shot. It's just a 6i shot. You either make it or you don't. Saying it's 'easy' and missing it means failure. Having it just be a shot and missing the green means you just missed the green. You have to chip or pitch on. No value to the shot. A former tour pro gave me this advice. And I'll mention, this is one of the most difficult things to do, but it can keep your head clear of negative thoughts through a round. That's all I have to say about this. YMMV.
    • 101, 49/52. Long track, 6100 yds par 71. Wet so no roll.  My long game is weak but what concerns me more is my approach and wedge game let me down today.  
    • Hi Warren,  I have not started working on adding drywall for my garage. Thank you for the tips on adding insulation and soundproofing acoustic panels. I plan to take 1 week off and start doing drywall mid November. I am in Southern California so heating is not an issue. I can use a space heater if needed.  Right now I am leaning toward Skytrak because it seems like it is better for simulator golf games. I don't plan on taking the device to the range. I will checkout the Golf Simulator Forum.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...