IGNORED

GHIN's Advanced Stats

iacas
Note: This thread is 1334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GHIN Advanced Stats  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the advanced stats (putts, GIR, fairways hit) with the GHIN hole-by-hole entry?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • Never

21 hours ago, iacas said:

For the first time in a loooong time, I have a GHIN number (I was disappointed my old number was not still available. I still remember it, and it was only six digits).

Anyway, I'm entering hole-by-hole scores with the "advanced stats." Now, let's be real: calling them that is a bit silly, as it's just fairways, greens, and putts. Counting stats. But still, it's something.

One suggestion I'm passing up the flagpole: auto-select the GIR stat. Pre-select the checkbox for a GIR if the player gets:

• An albatross or eagle.
  • A birdie with one putt.
  • A par with two putts.
  • A bogey with three putts (and a double with four).

Pre-select the red X if the player gets anything but the above. The player can always change it, but this would basically make it so they almost never have to.

I too enter all the stats.  I play golf with a USGA Official and I asked about additional stats specific to the short game. Like Up and downs, Sand Saves. He said additional stats are being explored but no definitive time frame was given. 

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

Does Golfshot transfer the stats to GHIN too?

I don’t know. I don’t have a GHIN, so I’ve never used the handicap reporting feature on Golfshot.  (And I don’t use Golfshot that often anymore, unless Arccos is misbehaving.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

FWIW my post was just in general, not directed at anyone.

Is it worth the time to put in the stats to get this?

image.png

For me, sure, partly because I can enter the stats really quickly and I enjoy doing it. (That's why in my OP I made a suggestion regarding speeding that up with auto-GIR determination. Even lower barrier that way.)

It's a cool little display, so I did it. It didn't take much time at all. Plus, the course that has this enabled is my "home" course, so if nothing else changes it will be easy to isolate how I play on it.

I changed my vote to "Always."

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 months later...

I kept hole-by-hole and advanced stats with GHIN for several years. Then they redid their website and all those stats are gone. I emailed them to ask if there was any way to get those back and they said "no". I think it would take a personal call from the CEO of the USGA assuring me they would not do that again before I would trust them with my data. Shame on me for not backing it up.

The best part of the old advanced stats was the report where it compared you to other golfers in your handicap range. It would show my stats next to the average of 5,000 other rounds. I hit more fairways, fewer greens, more penalties, and more putts than my peers. Oh, and apparently I'm the only 8 handicap that can't get up and down out of the sand one out of every three times. I really wanted them to change that report so that I could pick what handicap range to compare to. I would be interesting to see how my stats compared to the next level, like sub 5, so I could see where i was most deficient. But instead, they just got rid of that report entirely.

Now I keep my stats in Excel. I can't compare it to other golfers from there either, but at least I know it's safe.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Dick Kusleika said:

I think it would take a personal call from the CEO of the USGA assuring me they would not do that again before I would trust them with my data.

Really?

Why would you care much about your stats from years ago? And if you care that much… yeah, keep them yourself, too.

BTW, there is no guarantee GAME GOLF will exist in one month, one year, or one decade.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't use the GHIN advanced stats because I use Golfshot. I used to use a little ditty called Scorecard that @iacascreated. I really liked that app because the scrambling feature let you define it a little better than other apps.  Not sure but when you hit one OB and then make bogey or worse it still counts against you on Golfshot. Is that how they do it on tour? Anyway, I miss Scorecard! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

Anyway, I miss Scorecard! 

Me too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

I used to use a little ditty called Scorecard that @iacascreated.

Me too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dick Kusleika said:

Because included in those stats from years ago were stats from just last season. 

Yeah, but… just make new stats. 🙂

Those stats are old the instant the new year rolls in. ;)

Plus, they did tell everyone they wouldn't be keeping the old stuff. It was easy to miss that, though.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Plus, they did tell everyone they wouldn't be keeping the old stuff. It was easy to miss that, though.

They did? Yeah, I totally missed that. Now I have to take back all the bad things I said about them this season.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Dick Kusleika said:

They did? Yeah, I totally missed that. Now I have to take back all the bad things I said about them this season.

Yeah, they did tell people a few times. You can still be upset, though. 😄

Well, I still want my Scorecard back. Scorecard 2, Scorecard 2, Scorecard 2! For iphone and android! 🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

We had Scorecard 2.

What we didn't have was Scorecard 3.

Note: This thread is 1334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!