IGNORED

Watching a Sudoku

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Let me guess...child’s play to you.

That guy is like a world champion Sudoku guy.

I could solve it but it would take me days.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I work every puzzle in the paper to try to keep this 67 year old brain semi-functional. What I've discovered is that, every so often, I can solve one of the bronze (easy) level sudokus! I try to be systematic, but it seem to come down to pure happenstance. No time to watch tonight, but I will watch this, as maybe it will clue me in to a flaw in my methodology. 

The one puzzle that I have really fallen in love with is the "Cryptoquip", which is a substitution cipher. Once I solved my first one I was hooked!

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I stopped watching the video as soon as I found out there was a link and went to do the puzzle, Figured it out in about 14 minutes, finished in 18:22.

I used to be pretty good at Sudoku :-D

Used? Damn.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Used? Damn.

Lol it's been a while since I did one. Easier to do on the computer, too. Used to write little numbers in corners everywhere. With the color shading it's harder to miss a box.

Lots of fun. I'm still smiling, both from figuring it out myself and then watching the guy on the video figure it out.

Wow. That was definitely fun to watch. The pattern at the end was amazing!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I could solve it but it would take me days.

Same here. I’d have to go at it for a while if I wanted to solve it, but the way I am when solving a Sudoku puzzle, I’d probably quit in the first hour out of frustration.

Edited by dagolfer18

• 11 months later...

I like my mega sudoku I wont lie it usually takes a few hours but I want to start trying something larger than 16.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.