9 posts / 467 viewsLast Reply

This hole, dug by the gas company in November, was finally filled in yesterday (it was five feet deep):

2020-05-20 20.46.47.jpg

It is from a new drain line we had installed all the way around the house in the same month. The hole was about 2-3' from the sidewalk, so we're very glad they finally filled it in.

I was doing some edging the other day, and I joked that I should build a retaining wall along the sides of the sidewalk. My yard has so much dirt in it.

2020-05-21 17.45.19.jpg2020-05-21 18.11.56.jpg

Look at how high the dirt is!

That said, my yard is in primo shape right now:

2020-05-21 18.12.04.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

This hole, dug by the gas company in November, was finally filled in yesterday (it was five feet deep):

2020-05-20 20.46.47.jpg

It is from a new drain line we had installed all the way around the house in the same month. The hole was about 2-3' from the sidewalk, so we're very glad they finally filled it in.

I was doing some edging the other day, and I joked that I should build a retaining wall along the sides of the sidewalk. My yard has so much dirt in it.

2020-05-21 17.45.19.jpg2020-05-21 18.11.56.jpg

Look at how high the dirt is!

2020-05-21 18.12.04.jpg

Nice lawn.  Who is your head greenskeeper?  And I hope when you or your daughter practiced chipping and pitching no balls went in that hole.  The city should have put a noodle in there!

Edited by Double Mocha Man

My front lawn.  St Augustine looks nice but honestly...I miss living where I could have a bermuda yard.  

front lawn.jpg

Edited by RickK

Yeah... this is where we tee off in the front yard.

😁

Yard.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My lawn; get off my lawn.  And the view from the lawn you have to get off of.  Very steep... a bitch to mow.  Can't really chip or pitch there but, on occasion, I set up a croquet game.

home 2011 - Copy.JPG

3-4-05.JPG

Edited by Double Mocha Man

On 5/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, iacas said:

Nice, @RickK. What's that little valley just into your yard?

Your garage would make me nervous. Mostly for my wife… I'd be fine. 🙂

Thanks.  The valley is a drain.  Since we don't have curbs and gutters we have this depression in all the yards.  It runs to the lowest point on the block where there is a drain that moves water to the lake.  

My garage is actually not as tight as it looks.  The garage door opening is 18 feet wide.  I cannot fit my truck into the garage.  Roof of truck will clear the door but depth of garage is a problem.  The garage door comes down on my tailgate.  When I come in, I fold my mirrors in and get close to the post on the right.  My wife actually has plenty of room to come in and out of garage.  I told her to use the single car garage on far right but she didn't want to.  So, I park my golf cart in there.  

On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, iacas said:

2020-05-21 18.12.04.jpg

Beautiful lawn.  Nothing nicer than a great looking yard fronting your home.  

Since we don't have curbs, I get real picky (and upset with them) if someone parks on my grass.  I like that high grass edge along the street look.