The Range

Driving Range Robotic Picker/Mower

7 posts / 340 viewsLast Reply

I own a great driving range where only 15% of my daily patrons are active golfers. The other 85% are just out to hit some balls and get outside and blah blah.  My revenue stream from this is fantastic and I hate shutting down the driving range to mow the grass but it has to be done to the dislike of members and to the public.    I found Echo’s announcement of a range picker/mower that will pick balls and cut the grass at the same time and it is ROBOTIC.   Which would be great because it will cut and pick 24/7.   I’m trying to price this system and I’m not having much luck.  Does anyone have any personal experience with a system like this that could shed some insight before I spend 20-25 thousand?  

Edited by The Range
Wrong spelling

I think I saw this being used in a video on YouTube by Russell Heritage. Maybe send a message to him and ask?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It might be worth hiring someone to mow in the dark before the range opens. It takes a lot of trust to have someone come in that early if you don't plan on being there, but this makes the most sense to me.

Interesting.  I knew nothing of these products till reading this.  Apparently there are numerous manufacturers of these robotic range mowers and ball pickers.  I did a Google search for cost and the Roomba ones are $15K for the mower and $19K for the ball picker.  

On 5/23/2020 at 3:13 AM, Bonvivant said:

It might be worth hiring someone to mow in the dark before the range opens. It takes a lot of trust to have someone come in that early if you don't plan on being there, but this makes the most sense to me.

Reminds me of the old joke...

A priest, a wealthy businessman, and an engineer are playing golf together. After an hour, they’re only on number 3, when the ranger comes by.

A little miffed, they ask what the heck is the delay today?

The Ranger says I’m sorry but we have a group of blind veterans playing as guests of the club today.

The priest says, oh my, no worries I’ll spend my time saying a prayer for them in their struggle.

The wealthy businessman says, oh my, no worries, in fact I’m going to personally ensure that each of them has the finest golf equipment available at my expense.

The engineer says, why the hell can’t they play at night?!

😂