BallCoach702

My Swing (BallCoach702)

3 posts / 304 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: Low 100s
My typical ball flight is: Inconsistent especially with my irons. My Irons are just not good.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'm trying to turn more in my backswing and get away from a sway backwards and a sway forwards. My swing thoughts have typically been with swing path and my hands. Now I've changed to just focus on the rotation of my hips. The first move I feel in my backswing is my hips turning back and letting everything else follow. After my hips get going I'm just letting everything go and not having any thoughts. This has seemed to help me swing more natural and less "forced". I've had success with my driver recently but I have really struggled with my irons. 

Videos: 

Edited by BallCoach702

What does your swing look like if you start your backswing with a turn and then try to take your hands UP as high as they can (reasonably) go?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will record a video tomorrow and let you see, I’m guessing you are wanting me to not bring my hands so far inside. In the past when I’ve reached with my hands I’ve been over the top and hit fat a lot. 

thanks for your feedback.

Edited by BallCoach702