IGNORED

Core Golf Swing Lies - A Bunch of BS (We've Given Up on Waiting for Substance… None is Coming)

Note: This thread is 1195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I smell hooey.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Wait, guys, I found some lies:

1 hour ago, ellamia said:

You were doomed to average at best from this point forward.

There's one.

·       THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE OR COULD BE.

There's another.

Okay, but seriously now…

PRIMARY LIES that contradicts the physics

Your next post, @ellamia, had better have some real substance to it. Again, enough of this weird marketing BS stuff. Out with something. Heck, pick one of your "core lies" and share what you think about it.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I smell hooey.

Manure.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I’m on the edge of my seat here.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

10 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Funny! He hasn't been back! 

Well if he does come back we all know you’ll respond about 2 months afterwards. 😛

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

54 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well if he does come back we all know you’ll respond about 2 months afterwards. 😛

He posted a marker. He’s from O-town. Could be your neighbor.  😉

- Shane

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Must be something in the water down there 😜

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Honestly, thanks to Erik, the moderators, forum leaders, and the collective brotherhood here, I think the TST crowd is too knowledgeable and well-educated about golf to fall for stupid infomercial crap like this. Guys like this pray on the poor uneducated saps trying to enjoy the game and it’s sad. He should be ashamed of himself. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

9 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I think the TST crowd is too knowledgeable and well-educated about golf to fall for stupid infomercial crap like this. Guys like this pray on the poor uneducated saps trying to enjoy the game and it’s sad.

Yes, and @ellamia’s writing is just awful, it comes off like a bad caricature of an infomercial. I doubt any TST golf enthusiasts would bite on such garbage. I did a quick google search and the same content has popped up on a couple other well known golf sites, that I’ll leave unnamed. Definitely a shill of some sort. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

11 hours ago, ellamia said:

Can you remember the first time that you hit a golf ball?  If it was after you had learned how to hit a baseball or something else, then this is the first day that you started believing a few if not all of the Primary Core Lies about how to swing the club.  You were doomed to average at best from this point forward.

Here’s the scenario:

·       You pick up a club, doesn’t matter which one.  Boy does that feel weird, you thought.  It’s awkward and feels unbalanced.  You try to take a practice swing and swing it like a baseball bat and it seems not very smooth through the bottom, like you have to manipulate the club head some how to square it up in the hitting area.  Nothing you ever had to do before, unless you played hockey.  This might be the closest thing, but then that still doesn’t translate well because you hold a golf club nothing like a hockey stick.

·       You take your first attempt and you might even miss the ball completely or hit the ground behind the ball.  More LIES being birthed in your brain about the game of golf. 

·      

This isn't even close to how it went the first time I played golf. 

Sitting at my desk, first job out of college. A guy walks by pokes his head into my cubicle. "Hey Chet, we have a company golf league. We play tonight. I put you in it. It's great fun." 

Me, looking up from what ever I was working on. "Uh, okay. ... I don't have clubs."
"Rent em, or swing by MC Sports on the way to the course... See you there." 

Chet buys box set of Knight Centari clubs at MC Sports on lunch break. Goes to company golf league night. Don't remember what I scored, but had a lot of fun. Ate Nachos afterwards. Drank beer. 

Next night, Chet rents VHS tape of "Golf My Way" by Jack Nicklaus. 

................................... Fast forward 30 years. Chet's typing comments into an online golf forum instead of working on customer quote he should be working on. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

8 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

His IP is in Orlando, which checks out. Maybe it is @Vinsk when he takes that Mr Hyde mask off!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

His IP is in Orlando, which checks out. Maybe it is @Vinsk when he takes that Mr Hyde mask off!😜

Lol. Busted. But seriously...I’ll be on the lookout for any ‘ play like a pro with 3 easy steps’ clinics around here.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well crap.

Just our luck.  :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4A57FC8D-3017-42BD-AA23-BE38BD23B054.gif.390ba6fefc3cd5020e2d33a423fc9df7.gif

45 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah, I mean if you read the OP...

I never said it wasn't warranted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!