IGNORED

Core Golf Swing Lies - A Bunch of BS (We've Given Up on Waiting for Substance… None is Coming)

Note: This thread is 1189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, this thread is dead, then? 
I was kind of looking forward to it.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, this thread is dead, then? 
I was kind of looking forward to it.

Rigor mortise

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

@ellamia is currently trying to sell his "theories" on GolfWRX, where it's not going very well.

@ellamia, nobody here will question your bona fides as a gymnast. But… the work you put into your gymnastics, many people have put as much or more work into understanding the golf swing.

As @DaveP043 said, time to "put up or shut up." Let's have some substance to discuss. Pick one — ANY ONE — of these "core lies" and "put up" enough stuff that we can have an actual, real discussion. I'll immediately rename the topic with an appropriate title.

Renamed to "Core Golf Swing Lies - Waiting on Substance" as of now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Core Golf Swing Lies - Waiting on Substance
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

sorry i fell off the face of the earth...... working on the app.....coming in a few weeks.   tiktok and instagram - @shanks_app      shanks golf app on youtube.  It's all coming together and able to be learned by others...

Here are some highlights from the last couple of days...  So reliable....can hit driver off the deck with eyes closed more than 260....   Yesterday....Sanctuary Ridge in Clermont, FL - Driver off the Deck 273 to the front edge.

It's so powerful, and consistent.  I weigh 140 lbs and am 5'8"

The app will be free, cause this is the real deal.  It will change golf.  Check out Tony Finau's golf swing.  That's what it is, but I have figured out the lies that we tend to let creep back into our swing thoughts when we start doubting ourselves.  These incorrect techniques, tips or thoughts destroy the golf swing.  

We have found the answers to the questions.... where did my swing go? or what did I do different on that shot? or why do I feel like I'm swinging harder but the ball isn't going far?  or 

No matter how good we are playing, if we add something to our golf swing that doesn't belong in relation to the physics, then we tend to not feel comfortable.  It's a panic feeling at the end of your back swing that we all fear.  The fear of the unknown. 

There is a video on youtube that is the intro of the whole concept.  Too much to write on here.

Happy Golfing.... Hope to see you soon!

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

47 minutes ago, ellamia said:

Hey Guys

sorry i fell off the face of the earth...... working on the app.....coming in a few weeks.   tiktok and instagram - @shanks_app      shanks golf app on youtube.  It's all coming together and able to be learned by others...

Here are some highlights from the last couple of days...  So reliable....can hit driver off the deck with eyes closed more than 260....   Yesterday....Sanctuary Ridge in Clermont, FL - Driver off the Deck 273 to the front edge.

The app will be free, cause this is the real deal.  It will change golf.  Check out Tony Finau's golf swing.  That's what it is, but I have figured out the lies that we tend to let creep back into our swing thoughts when we start doubting ourselves.  These incorrect techniques, tips or thoughts destroy the golf swing.  

We have found the answers to the questions.... where did my swing go? or what did I do different on that shot? or why do I feel like I'm swinging harder but the ball isn't going far?  or 

No matter how good we are playing, if we add something to our golf swing that doesn't belong in relation to the physics, then we tend to not feel comfortable.  It's a panic feeling at the end of your back swing that we all fear.  The fear of the unknown. 

There is a video on youtube that is the intro of the whole concept.  Too much to write on here.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0

I suggest you brush up on your technical skills. Embed the link here and we can watch the video. Once again you’ve repeated your intro. Our patience is fading.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I suggest you brush up on your technical skills. Embed the link here and we can watch the video. Once again you’ve repeated your intro. Our patience is fading.

Hooey has no timeline.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, ellamia said:

Hey Guys

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4c8a34cfc0bbec0

You are really good at saying a whole bunch of shit without actually saying ANYTHING. It's impressive.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, ellamia said:

So, just more talking, and still no substance.

Smart people have been looking at the golf swing for a long time now. Smart people with multi-million dollar pieces of equipment have been looking at the golf swing for 20 years now.

You've not uncovered anything here.

And the "Clip2Comic" look, c'mon Jarrod.

BTW, I'd like for you to appreciate that I've single-handedly taken your YouTube views from zero to whatever we get here on this topic (though I haven't watched all the way through), and similar for your IG.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have zero interest in hitting a driver with my eyes closed. And I’m not terribly impressed that it can be done either. I hope this isn’t the ‘wow factor’ of your idea.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

This whole thing is a lame joke.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well too bad you’re all so closed minded. Not my problem. You’re just missing out on the truth! I’ll keep my students with single digit and + hcps while you all struggle! Haha hahah......

Get ready for it......

Spoiler

We're not going to get what he's promising

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

4 hours ago, iacas said:

So, just more talking, and still no substance.

Smart people have been looking at the golf swing for a long time now. Smart people with multi-million dollar pieces of equipment have been looking at the golf swing for 20 years now.

You've not uncovered anything here.

And the "Clip2Comic" look, c'mon Jarrod.

BTW, I'd like for you to appreciate that I've single-handedly taken your YouTube views from zero to whatever we get here on this topic (though I haven't watched all the way through), and similar for your IG.

"Oh my gosh... how far did that go?"  Hitting driver off a dirt spot, teed up, eyes closed.  I'm guessing it went about 210 yards from the question being asked so early.  If it's a 290 yard drive there is more hang time stretching out the asking of the question by about 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Otherwise, I remain open-minded.  But just get to the damn point.

14 hours ago, ellamia said:

Hey Guys

"WITH MY EYES CLOSED!" 

I have a very important question. "How'd you do that Ah-ha, Take On Me, thing?" That's creepy and cool at the same time. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Attached are the screen shots of the 6 Core Lies of the Golf swing from my app in design.....  not a joke.... you'll see.  

Still in process, so bear with me... I know ya'll don't want to, but here is the first bit of substance.  Why I believe they are misconceptions.  As some of the positions are changed, it will allow you to feel how other things can fall into place.  For instance, I talk about wanting you to forget what you know about sequence and release all components (hips, arms, hands unhinging - all at the same time and directed away from the target and around a larger arc).  If you shift your weight and can't stop believing that you need to do that, then this new sequence will never feel right.  Lies 2, 3 and 4 work in conjunction with each other.  Lie 1 if you take the club too far back, it may cause you to shift your weight, so length of back swing is also directly connected to lie 2.  Lie 5, the feeling we all have of have to shift towards the target will be easy to conquer when you stop shifting your weight.  Lie number 6 is where it all began.  The physics of swinging your arms faster for more power will work, but the ratio of how fast your hands have to be if you swing the club with your arms 10 mph faster is physically impossible.  When you start using the new sequence {(which all of us use when we take this silky smooth practice swing)  we don't shift, we don't do anything weird, we just find the right path for the club and the right temp.}  If you fire everything at the same time, hands releasing, arms moving and body and hips turning, you'll see that everything accelerates in a controlled manner.  

If you had 10 people in a line ice skating holding hands and you wanted to go in a big circle make the guy on the end go as fast as possible, then you wouldn't have the middle guy turn as fast as he can.  If he did that, every person couldn't get up and get around the circle.  As opposed to all 10 people start at the same time, the last guy can accelerate as fast as he wants to, the 9th guy, would feel the tension/connection with guy-10 and match how fast he needs to go.  Everything works in sync and if you notice (hips/the center guy) is barely turning.  The equivalent of your hips NOT firing as fast as they can.  This creates the need for lots of timing and practice.  My technique teaches a short 1/2 back swing.  The "half-shot".  The thing is that the back swing is back like a half shot, but then you are in position to hit full shots on the downswing.  I have always mentally matched a 1/2 back swing with 50% effort on the down swing.  You can actually go full throttle.  All you have to figure in your head is how hard to hit (release club) the ball, and the rest of your body reacts appropriately and knows what to do.

A lot of words.... I know.... trying to cast the vision.  Working on the order of how to learn this most efficiently.  

Philosophy . . .  We all behave and act according to what we believe.  I didn't know the truth about fire when I was young, maybe even touched it, even though someone told me it was hot and to not touch it.  But the moment, I experienced that it was hot and could burn me, my behavior changed and I don't touch fire anymore.  (Don't laugh at me, I fell in a fire when I was 2.....or maybe my brother pushed me)  Once you identify the lies that you believe and you want something better, then it is easy to break the old habits.  It doesn't take a lot of practice, you just have to stop believing old things and understand that there is something better.  This is how it is in life.  We have to position ourselves correctly, in order to do things in the right sequence to have success.  If we get in the right position (LIE 1 and 2) then we can do things in the right direction and the right sequence (Lie 3,4 and 5) with little or no effort.  We will have more power because of physics and we will have pure ball striking, because our body is anchored and you aren't moving right and left during the whole of the swing.  All this birthed from a prayer ministry called Transformation Prayer Ministry, where there are lies that we believe about ourselves that cause us to behave in certain ways.  We find solutions or strategies to deal with what we might believe.  In golf our solutions to the techniques that are lies (in Shanks Opinion) are to compensate, or flip the club, or practice more, or not think when we're playing good, (isn't that what pros say when they shoot a 59?  I don't know, I wasn't thinking, I stayed out of my own way)  If you've ever hit what you would consider the perfect shot.  Ball flight, trajectory, power, distance....felt like butter, then you have unintentionally probably swung the club in a manner I am proposing.  Why do you think the techniques that golf pros are teaching are right when 26 million people can't break 90?  The game doesn't feel that hard when you are playing well.  So what happens when you lose your swing from one hole to the next.  

JH (ellamia)

Lie 5.PNG

Lie 4.jpg

Lie 4 par 2.jpg

Lie 3.PNG

Lie 1.PNG

Lie 2.PNG

Lie 6.PNG

14 hours ago, ellamia said:

Hey Guys

Wow, I can't believe I just watched that. 4:52 seconds of my life that I won't be getting back. 🤬🤢🤮

5 minutes ago, ellamia said:

but here is the first bit of substance

I struggled to discern any substance from the 897 words you wrote after that statement. This kind of snake oil salesman shit really pisses me off. 

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!