Jump to content
IGNORED

Trouble Getting Tee Times


Recommended Posts

Our club has gone to 15 minute tee times as well. On line times - 8 am Tuesday for Saturday times. Finger on the mouse button at 8:00:00. I'm a single so always have some joining me and it's been a nice side effect to meet lots of folks I might not meet otherwise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not the only one who has been watching the tee sheet and notice who keeps getting tee times. There is definitely favoritism at my club for a bunch of members. I asked the headpro and he said tee

Some of the places I play require pre-payment. That would solve the issue.

No shows have created an issue on my course. Its like some guys are hoarding tee times. The pro has said they are going to "address" the issue if it continues which I assume meant suspending online re

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Have you spoken with the club about the issue? I assume every other member is dealing with this too.

The GM and director of membership called soon after I emailed them my notice. I told them the issue with tee times and how the lottery is rigged to allow the same people to get tee times, and I was told I wasn’t the only one quitting and complaining about tee times. 

There are not too many options in my town and this club offers a great deal, and perhaps that is the problem - too many members. Many live within the community so they don’t really have the option to leave.

My new club only has 40 members but a 30-min drive away. It is also a difficult and expensive course so not many want to join there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Thanks for your offer! We are going to Paako for the rest of the season. We played there last weekend and had the whole course to ourselves until hole 16. Nice to be quiet and peaceful!

At $200 a round, I imagine you'll have the place to yourself most of the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, FlyingAce said:

Is anyone experiencing any problems getting tee times at your club?

My home club is doing 15-min intervals (used to be 7-mins) so the availability has been cut in half. Since reopening at the beginning of May, I have been having difficulties securing a tee time, both during the week and on the weekends. Weekends are especially bad when we get 90+ tee requests but the club only has 50 available.   It is very frustrating to have to stalk the tee sheet for cancellations...but lots of members just don’t show up or they block their slot to play as single/doubles, and my club is doing nothing about it...

 

I'm in the camp of having hard time getting tee times.  I don't have a problem on the weekend, as I play in a large group and we always get tee times, but weekday tee times are almost impossible to get. We do tee times 10 days in advance, but I don't have the luxury right now to know my schedule that far out with the Covid stuff going on.  In fact, I just resigned from the club due to the tee time issue and will look to join somewhere else that hopefully has the tee times figured out.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My home club reopened last week (golf only, no other facilities available) and has instituted 15 minute intervals and only 1, 2 or 3 ball groups.  They have also said a face mask is mandatory and caddies are only supposed to pull/carry the bag and not handle the golf clubs or balls.  So far tee times don't seem to be a problem, provided you are a bit flexible within half an hour or so either way

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My home course has been more difficult to get weekend tee times. I figure this is because they have spread out the times from 8 minutes to 12 minutes, so there are just less available spots. I usually book a week in advance, so I haven't had an issue getting a time, but my preferred 7-730am window hasn't always been available.

Masks are required, with strong wording for people who don't comply: "Failure to abide by our protocols will cause a player be escorted off the golf course without a refund." But at times I feel like I'm the only one wearing a mask on the course. I wear a mask routinely for work, even in non-pandemic times, so I guess I'm just used to it, to the point where it is second nature.

The pace of play has improved significantly with the tee times more spread out, and no fiddling with the flagstick. A typical round at this course, even teeing off early morning is over 4 hours, but I've finished in less than 4 every time out so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This phone reservation only on some of the courses is causing problems trying to get through the busy signals.

On another note, some courses are price gauging.  Fossil Trace in Golden is charging $100 (it used to be $75), but after Covid-Sars-2, they recently increased price to $100.  

No thanks!  You just lost a regular.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, FlyingAce said:

I just turned in my 30-day notice to end my membership and have joined another club that only has 40 members with wide open courses! 

Hi Ace:

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry to hear you resigned from your current club.....I know it was so convenient for you as you could get there using your golf cart....I hope you didn't pay an initiation and losing the cost of that initiation.

In my 52 years of playing golf....I've never heard of a course being run like a gong show...the GM and head pro seem so INCOMPETENT....and the culture doesn't seem great....a culture that doesn't seem friendly.

Glad you joined Paako....the best course in NM...but the 1 hr return drive may eventually get to you....considering you like to play daily.....I assume this might be a short term fix until you and your husband decide what other/closer course you might want to join.

It's shocking that metro Albuquerque with nearly 900,000 residents doesn't have more club choices to join.

Take care.

You still sporting your 5.5 cap?.....I assume you got back your 440 M3/M5?...you planning on buying any new clubs this year?....I don't have any plans for new equip...still deciding if a new/used Hungtintion Beach putter remains in the bag.

My ball striking has improved in my last 4 rds...but still giving away 4-5 stupid strokes per rd...my cap is at 8.0....goal is to be around 6.8 - 7.5 by late July/Aug.

Edited by Mr22putt
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 5/29/2020 at 9:22 AM, jsgolfer said:

I'm in the camp of having hard time getting tee times.  I don't have a problem on the weekend, as I play in a large group and we always get tee times, but weekday tee times are almost impossible to get. We do tee times 10 days in advance, but I don't have the luxury right now to know my schedule that far out with the Covid stuff going on.  In fact, I just resigned from the club due to the tee time issue and will look to join somewhere else that hopefully has the tee times figured out.  

I know a good spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry to hear you resigned from your current club.....I know it was so convenient for you as you could get there using your golf cart....I hope you didn't pay an initiation and losing the cost of that initiation.

In my 52 years of playing golf....I've never heard of a course being run like a gong show...the GM and head pro seem so INCOMPETENT....and the culture doesn't seem great....a culture that doesn't seem friendly.

Glad you joined Paako....the best course in NM...but the 1 hr return drive may eventually get to you....considering you like to play daily.....I assume this might be a short term fix until you and your husband decide what other/closer course you might want to join.

It's shocking that metro Albuquerque with nearly 900,000 residents doesn't have more club choices to join.

Take care.

You still sporting your 5.5 cap?.....I assume you got back your 440 M3/M5?...you planning on buying any new clubs this year?....I don't have any plans for new equip...still deciding if a new/used Hungtintion Beach putter remains in the bag.

My ball striking has improved in my last 4 rds...but still giving away 4-5 stupid strokes per rd...my cap is at 8.0....goal is to be around 6.8 - 7.5 by late July/Aug.

How have you been? I was wondering what happened to you since I have not seen you around lately.

Yes, my current club is only 5 mins away and Paako is exactly 30 mins door to door. It’s not too bad since the drive is easy. I was able to get the tee time I want all the way to July! No need to stress or scramble to get a time. It is alot more expensive to play there but they only have 50 members v. hundreds at other clubs. I am going to enjoy it as much as possible. I am still a member at my club for this month, so I will play there during the week and head over to Paako for the weekends. So far, we really like it there and I am eyeing a home in the community....we will see.

I have only played 4 complete rounds since starting golf in May and I have been doing pretty well. I should be able to maintain my hcp eventhough Paako is alot tougher (72.9/141) v (69.5/129). I scored 78 twice already! Woohoo!

I have not bought any new clubs since the m5 tour but am eyeing a SIM now. I cannot resist if it somehow gives me extra 10 yards! 

I am sure you will reach your goals in no time once you golf more! I probably need to work on my putting too as I am giving strokes away too easily...

Take care!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes. Our club is private and we only have one course. We use an online system which opens at 8:00AM every morning for times one week out. Since the stay-at-home/work-from-home orders getting times is like getting concert tickets. So far my group of retirees has been able to get times and play several times a week, but it's been difficult. We're all hoping once people return to work availability will improve.

Edited by Hoganman1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

How have you been? I was wondering what happened to you since I have not seen you around lately.

Yes, my current club is only 5 mins away and Paako is exactly 30 mins door to door. 

I have only played 4 complete rounds since starting golf in May and I have been doing pretty well. I should be able to maintain my hcp eventhough Paako is alot tougher (72.9/141) v (69.5/129). I scored 78 twice already! Woohoo!

I have not bought any new clubs since the m5 tour but am eyeing a SIM now. I cannot resist if it somehow gives me extra 10 yards! 

Take care!

I'm well...thanks.

Was doing some Googles....I didn't know you're at 6500-7000 feet elevation...or is that only at Paako?....you must be crushing the ball at that elevation on firm courses.

Is Paako the same #1 NM course I read about in the mid 1990's when Golf Digest had a great book rating many of the states and countries best courses....I think Paako had a 5 star rating for value & the course itself...if I recall...the green fee back then was $20-$30????....or am I thinking about another highly ranked NM course?....I know Paako is an expensive course nowadays.....is it cart mandatory or are the 27 holes walkable?

Two 78's is incredible on a tough course like Paako....no wonder the gals and guys don't want to play with you...you're a "BALLER" and would shame them.....lol.

Is NM always windy?...I hate playing in the wind...it generally not overly windy here.

Have you tried the M4...I think that's a really good stick...you could likely find one around $150-$175 if used club inventory is high in NM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

:beer:  Just a little too far to drive.

Pffft. I drove 3:45 each way to play last Sunday. 😆

I was hoping to get out to N. VA this years to play some of my old haunts, but it sounds like it's not a good time to play out there.

Edited by CarlSpackler
Addition
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Pffft. I drove 3:45 each way to play last Sunday. 😆

I was hoping to get out to N. VA this years to play some of my old haunts, but it sounds like it's not a good time to play out there.

 

It's not hard to get a tee time at other courses in the area, I played Westfield Golf Club last week with no problem getting a tee time.  At Piedmont right now there are too many members and a tee time system that still lets you use TBD players to book tee times, so getting a tee time for 4 is impossible unless you know your schedule 10 days in advance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I'm well...thanks.

Was doing some Googles....I didn't know you're at 6500-7000 feet elevation...or is that only at Paako?....you must be crushing the ball at that elevation on firm courses.

Is Paako the same #1 NM course I read about in the mid 1990's when Golf Digest had a great book rating many of the states and countries best courses....I think Paako had a 5 star rating for value & the course itself...if I recall...the green fee back then was $20-$30????....or am I thinking about another highly ranked NM course?....I know Paako is an expensive course nowadays.....is it cart mandatory or are the 27 holes walkable?

Two 78's is incredible on a tough course like Paako....no wonder the gals and guys don't want to play with you...you're a "BALLER" and would shame them.....lol.

Is NM always windy?...I hate playing in the wind...it generally not overly windy here.

Have you tried the M4...I think that's a really good stick...you could likely find one around $150-$175 if used club inventory is high in NM.

Where I live is at maybe 6000ft. Paako is right behind the mountain at 7000ft. I do feel I hit the ball farther at Paako, and also have shortness of breath easily. 

Paako is a rather new course built in 2000. They used to be more affordable but the new owners who bought it a few years ago raised the green fees to $200 flat rate. No twilight, no discounts, nothing. It is still a public course but I cannot imagine too many people willing/wanting to pay that much to play there when there are other very nice options for much less. They are on Golf Digest’s top 100 last year. 

Green fees include cart but you can walk if you want to. I think 1-18 is walkable but 19-27 is a stretch. 

It can get windy here but usually in the afternoons. I don’t like to play in the wind (or cold) but luckily the weather is pretty decent here most of the time. 

No, have not tried any other drivers and I really shouldn’t! I really don’t need anymore clubs!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally, as of June 1st, many "phone-in-only" courses have opened up online tee time reservation.  But with online, it's prepay whereas if you call, you can pay when you arrive for your tee time.

Seems like somethings are beginning to look somewhat like pre-SARS-Cov-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

It's not hard to get a tee time at other courses in the area, I played Westfield Golf Club last week with no problem getting a tee time.  At Piedmont right now there are too many members and a tee time system that still lets you use TBD players to book tee times, so getting a tee time for 4 is impossible unless you know your schedule 10 days in advance. 

I am hoping to play Algonkian and Brambleton again some day. I was a newb when we lived there, so I would like to see how they play now that I have more experience. Perhaps when all this COVID-mania dies down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I heard David in FL's pool hall will begin to require passport cards beginning on Monday...             😁
    • At the state government level, states can certainly do this, although several have banned covid passports. As to private businesses, the EEOC has already said that the private sector can require vaccinations of their employees, so there’s no real need for a passport. As to the federal level, I doubt Congress would pass legislation mandating passports because public health and safety largely falls to the respective states. Moreover, the White House is on record stating that there will be no passport mandate via executive order or a passport database. 
    • Yep. I can come up with something 
    • I do hope that you realise that in disingenuously pretending to be calm and "polite" whilst all around you are flailing away in their misguided but cute attempts to make a wise and experienced person like yourself see reason makes you look like the worst possible stereotype of someone who embeds himself deeper in the mud by the minute. Just because you are not taking the bait and are ignoring the barbs and insults doesn't mean you are occupying any high ground. Certainly not one of a moral nature, anyway.  When are you going to present some information that would suggest - just SUGGEST, not prove  - that taking the vaccine is probably not a prudent thing to do. We are waiting. Very calmly, very politely. Bet you can't do it.
    • Thanks for posting. We need to see a video of you hitting a ball. Practice swings without a ball can be very different.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. CathyKnarr
      CathyKnarr
      (28 years old)
    2. Club Greg
      Club Greg
      (58 years old)
    3. Cnich
      Cnich
      (31 years old)
    4. Douglas Reedy
      Douglas Reedy
      (40 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...