IGNORED

Tiger Woods HBO Documentary

iacas
Note: This thread is 1189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
gettyimages-85836947-e1583001164820.jpg?

First Michael Jordan and Lance Armstrong got the star treatment in ESPN documentaries highlighting their extraordinary careers. Now, it appears Tiger Woods’s life is set to be examined in an …

Supposedly airing around the November Masters dates…

Speaking on the podcast “Burst Your Bubble,” noted journalist Armen Keteyian shared that “Tiger Woods,” the New York Times No. 1 best-selling book he co-authored with Jeff Benedict in 2018, is being made into a two-part, four-hour-long DocuSeries that is expected to air later this year on HBO.

The book is discussed here:

I wasn't a big fan of the book. They got a lot of simple facts wrong, like the years in which tournaments were played and things you could pretty easily fact-check. Multiple people disagreed with events told in the book:

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

I had no idea this documentary was in the works and that it's airing so soon. Jan 10.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just one person's opinion but it does jibe with the tone of the trailer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

There is something to be said for that point of view... even though I find it difficult to forgive him because of what he did to his marriage.  But in many ways Tiger has matured and mellowed (haven't we all?) and I am less prone to think ill of him.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I find it difficult to forgive him because of what he did to his marriage.

His wife has forgiven him, but you find it difficult because of what he did to his marriage?

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

His wife has forgiven him, but you find it difficult because of what he did to his marriage?

I did not know that Erin forgave him.  I read a lot, but not everything.  He bedded many women while he was married.  If he wasn't married I have no (or few) issues with that.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I did not know that Erin forgave him.  I read a lot, but not everything.  He bedded many women while he was married.  If he wasn't married I have no (or few) issues with that.

You missed my point: it’s not your relationship. You have nothing to forgive him for.

Unless he slept with your wife or daughter or something, you’re not involved here.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

You missed my point: it’s not your relationship. You have nothing to forgive him for.

Unless he slept with your wife or daughter or something, you’re not involved here.

I was involved because I was a fan.  And then deeply disappointed.  Fans are fickle.  

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I was involved because I was a fan.  And then deeply disappointed.  Fans are fickle.  

You were a fan of Tiger Woods as a husband?

Just now, iacas said:

You were a fan of Tiger Woods as a husband?

I think fans of celebrities are a little more invested.  They hold those celebrities, good or bad, to their standards.  Not saying it's right... just saying...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think fans of celebrities are a little more invested.  They hold those celebrities, good or bad, to their standards.  Not saying it's right... just saying...

You can be disappointed, maybe, but that’s almost got to be in your own choices. “Forgiving” Tiger for what he did to his marriage? C’mon.

I watched the first half of it tonight. I was really only planning on watching the first 30 minutes or so, but got sucked in. It was well done. I felt like it was very well balanced. It didn’t feel like a hit piece or a   hagiography. The one negative is that they didn’t get anyone who is close to Tiger now or a rival or anything like that. But that’s how Tiger works, so we’re not going to get that. 

That said, the second half is going to start with his sex scandals, so maybe I’ll feel differently about it after next week. 

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

13 hours ago, iacas said:

That’s a shame. But certainly not surprising it took that route.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I watched the first half of it tonight. I was really only planning on watching the first 30 minutes or so, but got sucked in. It was well done. I felt like it was very well balanced. It didn’t feel like a hit piece or a   hagiography. The one negative is that they didn’t get anyone who is close to Tiger now or a rival or anything like that. But that’s how Tiger works, so we’re not going to get that.

Ditto.

The first half wasn’t “bad.” It felt reasonably “fair,” though of course it deals a lot more with his personality and really, a documentary should talk more about what he’s doing in his life as a whole.

I think part 2 is going to be a shit show.

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There is something to be said for that point of view... even though I find it difficult to forgive him because of what he did to his marriage.  But in many ways Tiger has matured and mellowed (haven't we all?) and I am less prone to think ill of him.

When were you married to Tiger?

15 hours ago, iacas said:

It is the new ethic of the 21st century.  Taking offense on behalf of people who don't take offense themselves.  And it's corollary, not forgiving someone on behalf of an injured party that does forgive.

14 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

So you're not saying it's right, but you do it anyway?

Edited by turtleback
Stupid autocorrect
  • Funny 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 1189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!