IGNORED

Best irons for a senior with a slow swing speed?

Note: This thread is 1403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When Golf Galaxy opens back up, if it hasn't already to walk in customers where you are at, I would recommend to go and hit some clubs to get a feel for what you are looking for and talk to the folks working there.  It's hard to say if each store is good, but talking to them will give you an idea if that person knows what they are talking about.  If they don't, at least you'll have an opportunity to hit different clubs and shafts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought a new set of Tour Edge HL 3s (last year's model) for $ 235 at Rock Bottom Golf. Wasn't going to buy irons, but I love T.E. stuff and couldn't resist. They are iron-woods similar to the Cleveland, etc. I love them! Incredible- easiest to hit ever.  Try those and thank me later.

My father loved his Cleveland Launcher irons he was 86 and still playing well for his age. He replaced the long irons with hybrids though as they were easier to hit, and all with A shafts. 

On 6/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, redhotchlypeppr said:

Any suggestions on where to get fitted? There is a Golf Galaxy about an hour from us. Has anyone used Golf Galaxy?

I don't think he needs to be fitted. I'd recommend the HB or HB Turbos. I have one of the originals HB3 and still love them. They are easy to hit. If there's any fault, they are a bit hook biased. You can't really screw up any shots. But, it doesn't feel like cheating either. I've demo'd the Turbos and they are longer than the HB3. 

Demo days are a lot of fun and a great way to check out these clubs.

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/event-days.html

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

I'm crowding 71 years old, and have what's considered a slow swing speed. 

If I had to pick a new set of clubs (irons) for myself, I'd look at the Tour Edge line of Ironwoods. I think they still have these hybrids available. 

I have an older set of Ironwoods, which I hit higher than my current regular gamers. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!