bkuehn1952

Two to a Cart Okay Starting June 8

4 posts / 165 viewsLast Reply

I don't think it is any safer now to ride in a cart with a stranger, or even a non-household friend.  I think a decision was made that there are hospital beds open, health workers have PPE and if we get sick, they can take care of us.  It is up to each individual to decide how much risk they are willing to take.  Stop playing golf?  Yes, that removes the exposure.  But if we are going to play, then what level of risk are you willing to take?  

Personally, I am not going to take a chance that my cart mate, whether I know them or not, does not have COVID-19 but are currently asymptomatic.  I will walk or where available, take a single cart (and pay a fee if needed).  I am less concerned with reaching into a hole or handling a rake or flagstick.  Hand sanitizer fixes that.  Nothing fixes the fact that I will inhale some of my cart mate's expelled water vapor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I don't think it is any safer now to ride in a cart with a stranger, or even a non-household friend.  I think a decision was made that there are hospital beds open, health workers have PPE and if we get sick, they can take care of us.  It is up to each individual to decide how much risk they are willing to take.  Stop playing golf?  Yes, that removes the exposure.  But if we are going to play, then what level of risk are you willing to take?  

Personally, I am not going to take a chance that my cart mate, whether I know them or not, does not have COVID-19 but are currently asymptomatic.  I will walk or where available, take a single cart (and pay a fee if needed).  I am less concerned with reaching into a hole or handling a rake or flagstick.  Hand sanitizer fixes that.  Nothing fixes the fact that I will inhale some of my cart mate's expelled water vapor.

I've only been out a few times, but I've walked and really enjoyed it. Of course I had to take a bunch of unnecessary items out of my bag to make it more manageable. 

Agree with the hand sanitizer comment - I have a travel size that has a carabiner clip, so I can us it after every hole if I start to OCD; I do wish ball washers were available, but that will have to wait

So far all of the courses I've played with friends have had a plastic barrier between the golfers.    I'm not comfortable riding w/o it.  I have a 3 wheel trolley and I'm not afraid to use it!   I have hand sanitizer in my bag but I have forgotten to use it.  I'm playing Thursday, I'll make a note.   

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I have a travel size that has a carabiner clip

pics please...

18 hours ago, dennyjones said:

pics please...

Clubs & bag are in the garage, but it looks kind of like this - it was spiff at a charity scramble last year or the year before. 
I usually don't keep that stuff, but this turned out to be a great thing to have in the year of the COVID

spacer.png

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...