bkuehn1952

Two to a Cart Okay Starting June 8

4 posts / 166 viewsLast Reply

I don't think it is any safer now to ride in a cart with a stranger, or even a non-household friend.  I think a decision was made that there are hospital beds open, health workers have PPE and if we get sick, they can take care of us.  It is up to each individual to decide how much risk they are willing to take.  Stop playing golf?  Yes, that removes the exposure.  But if we are going to play, then what level of risk are you willing to take?  

Personally, I am not going to take a chance that my cart mate, whether I know them or not, does not have COVID-19 but are currently asymptomatic.  I will walk or where available, take a single cart (and pay a fee if needed).  I am less concerned with reaching into a hole or handling a rake or flagstick.  Hand sanitizer fixes that.  Nothing fixes the fact that I will inhale some of my cart mate's expelled water vapor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I don't think it is any safer now to ride in a cart with a stranger, or even a non-household friend.  I think a decision was made that there are hospital beds open, health workers have PPE and if we get sick, they can take care of us.  It is up to each individual to decide how much risk they are willing to take.  Stop playing golf?  Yes, that removes the exposure.  But if we are going to play, then what level of risk are you willing to take?  

Personally, I am not going to take a chance that my cart mate, whether I know them or not, does not have COVID-19 but are currently asymptomatic.  I will walk or where available, take a single cart (and pay a fee if needed).  I am less concerned with reaching into a hole or handling a rake or flagstick.  Hand sanitizer fixes that.  Nothing fixes the fact that I will inhale some of my cart mate's expelled water vapor.

I've only been out a few times, but I've walked and really enjoyed it. Of course I had to take a bunch of unnecessary items out of my bag to make it more manageable. 

Agree with the hand sanitizer comment - I have a travel size that has a carabiner clip, so I can us it after every hole if I start to OCD; I do wish ball washers were available, but that will have to wait

So far all of the courses I've played with friends have had a plastic barrier between the golfers.    I'm not comfortable riding w/o it.  I have a 3 wheel trolley and I'm not afraid to use it!   I have hand sanitizer in my bag but I have forgotten to use it.  I'm playing Thursday, I'll make a note.   

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I have a travel size that has a carabiner clip

pics please...

18 hours ago, dennyjones said:

pics please...

Clubs & bag are in the garage, but it looks kind of like this - it was spiff at a charity scramble last year or the year before. 
I usually don't keep that stuff, but this turned out to be a great thing to have in the year of the COVID

spacer.png

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Thanks! Will have to go buy some liquid smoke. Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork Smokey tender, juicy shredded pork served over rice is a Hawaiian luau favorite. I've transformed a popular slow cooker recipe requiring a 16 hour...  
    • I don’t. If you can’t properly strike, compress and fly a sand wedge, what’s hitting a driver going to do for you? If you are off on face angle, you are in the woods. A lot. I began my 65/25/10 journey using a sand wedge almost exclusively with the sole intent to swing the club correctly, make solid contact, and finish with good balance. Today, I hit all my clubs on a schedule and yes ... I hit a driver the most, but I didn’t start there.    It’s not practice, practice, practice. It’s intelligent practice. Right now, I’m focused on shot shape, not length. I keep detailed records on every round and that in turn, drives what I practice.    My practice plan is MWF, full swing and TThSa short game+putting. 50 balls with the full swing and 40 ea on putting and short game equals 65/25/10.    The most significant change for me was going from 3 basic short game shots to 12 as I’m trying to improve my scrambling.    Get a spreadsheet out and decide how many a week you can practice and then allocate it out. I’ve learned a lot just doing that and when I compare to my actual playing stats ... it’s very illuminating.
    • I actually have this:  
    • I think that the driver is very important. If you are newer to the game I would stay away from irons 5 and longer (if you have them). Typically we don't say lower or higher for irons. Try to use short and long, which describes both distance and the physical length of the club. If you have the time, when you have range sessions I would start with say 10-15 balls driver, 10-15 balls hybrid, 10-15 balls 6 or 7 iron, 10-15 balls 9 iron or PW. You can also do this in reverse order, and I think that most people do, but you may find your concentration waning after the first 30-40 balls and since you need to get your driver in order, that is why I would start there. After that you can hit the practice green for 20 minutes or so, spending a little over half on chipping (if that is available) and the rest on putting. This should give you about an hour of practice, adhering pretty close to the 65/20/15 rule. If the driver is that big of a problem, you may spend a bit more time on that the first couple of times. I hope this helps. Straightening your driver to where it is playable on most holes should be a big priority. Hitting a tee shot 160-170 yards in the middle of the fairway is almost always worse than hitting a driver 200+, as long as the drive can be found.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dave Saari
      Dave Saari
      (70 years old)
    2. pisarcik27
      pisarcik27
      (35 years old)
    3. Rustus
      Rustus
      (83 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...