IGNORED

My Swing (swingman123123)

swingman123123
Note: This thread is 1109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, swingman123123 said:

Hello guys,

I need to rest for a week or so, because my lead wrist & fingers hurt - probably it's because I was hitting off those mats too much 🙂

We will see...

Ice it for a couple of days then cycle heat and ice. It is most likely just strain from the impact. If you use the wrist for household chores, ice it after as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Ice it for a couple of days then cycle heat and ice. It is most likely just strain from the impact. If you use the wrist for household chores, ice it after as well.

Thanks! I am icing it 🙂 Basically it's just a weird feeling in my palm, little & ring finger. Elbow, shoulder and everything else is okay.

Do you think it's good to hit irons of the tee (instead of mats) to avoid injuries like this one? (if it's caused by mats & training too often)

Edited by swingman123123

2 hours ago, swingman123123 said:

Thanks! I am icing it 🙂 Basically it's just a weird feeling in my palm, little & ring finger. Elbow, shoulder and everything else is okay.

Do you think it's good to hit irons of the tee (instead of mats) to avoid injuries like this one? (if it's caused by mats & training too often)

When my wrist acts up, I wear a support brace on it while practicing. It’s been good for a while, but they do help.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I had a severe pre-impact chicken wing motion that resulted from my tendency to hit the ball fat. It was a subconscious effort to avoid slamming the club into the ground (usually not an issue in baseball) which I only recently became aware of after reviewing high speed footage of my swing.

I've found that focusing on the thought of rotating my lead shoulder around and away from the target line (getting it out of the way) gives my left arm much more space and freedom to remain straight through impact. Only time will tell if this is a permanent solution but in the meantime it feels so liberating.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts about the location of Swingman's lead shoulder while he is in the impact position. To my novice eyes it appears that Swingman's lead shoulder at P7 has not moved out of the way and/or rotated around enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Thanks you very much for your comments & guidance! It really helps me.

I played my first tournament yesterday and the result is my first win 
It was in HCP category 29,6-54 and I started with 54 HCP. I had 60 stableford points and my new HCP is 28,6. I scored 1 par (on par 4), 7 bogeys, 5 double bogeys, 3 triple bogeys, one +4 and I lose the ball on one hole 

The result isn't bad -- but I think it's a lot better than it looked in reality - I wasn't really satisfied with my game. Putting was good, but I wasn't really consistent & confident with irons, which is a big problem. I didn't use driver, because I can't hit that well, so I used Cobra 3 19degrees hybrid for long shots - btw that's the club I am most comfortable with - don't know why - maybe because I am not afraid to hit the ground with it, as I am maybe subconsciously afraid of it with irons... Don't know..

So I feel I really need to work on my irons & get to the basics (that feels weird if I say back to basics, because I just started, but yeah..)
I think golf should be mostly about iron play 

I'll go to the range during the week and I'll share the updated video of my swing - I am a bit afraid of how it's going to look like, really. We'll see.

Next Saturday, I play another tournament and it's going to be a tougher course...

Thank you very much guys for your help!!

Btw I think that most of my slices were/are a result of over the top swing - not the obvious one with rotated shoulders, but I think I was casting the club a bit and it wasn't swinging from the inside. Maybe it's because of my right hand dominance -

so if I try to hit irons on driving range and focus on leading the club with my left hand, the result is usually a draw - but it feels really weird to me, the feeling of it. My left hand isn't really precise, because I didn't used it like this.

I don't really know what my wrists/arms/forearms should do during the impact - I saw that there is roll release vs. square release and square release looks better to me. But I think because of the right hand dominance and outside-in siwngpath, my wrists flip. Maybe the body rotation is involved too + I am scared to hit the ball fat & hit the ground 🙂

And there was another problem, which I think is caused early extension - I think I have problems with that,  it looks my trail heel comes off the ground too early. I tried to focus on that, but it's not very easy for me -- I made a video and I felt that I am not doing that but it was still there on the video 🙂

(edited)

Hello guys!

today I have been at a driving range - and it wasn't very good feel 😕

Two days back I tried to focus on body rotation, swinging in to out & keeping arms connected and it felt really good -> I thought I finally cracked it 😄 But --

Today I tried the same thing, but with different & not good results.

But -- I recorded two of my swings (hybrid 3). It's not very nice, but that's how it was today 🙂 - if you have any advice / points / ideas, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Video attached.

(To me, it looks there is too much movement of lead leg during the backswing (backswing looks too long to me btw), I cast the club early a bit and there is some flip at/after impact - maybe the weight/force transfer isn't very good too - looks like a fat shot too )...

Thanks!

Edited by swingman123123
  • Thumbs Up 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It is the nature of the game... you never "crack" it.  You make impressive gains one day, then fall back.  Rinse and repeat.  Until you're a scratch golfer.  See there, I gave you some hope.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind 🙂 The word "crack" was a bit too much - I just thought I realized what to focus on to make it a little better 🙂

What do you think about the swing? 😮  

Edited by swingman123123

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, swingman123123 said:

(To me, it looks there is too much movement of lead leg during the backswing (backswing looks too long to me btw), I cast the club early a bit and there is some flip at/after impact - maybe the weight/force transfer isn't very good too - looks like a fat shot too )...

I'd worry A LOT more about the shaft and where it's going.

Have you seen some of the drills from my April 30-day COVID-19 thing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I'd worry A LOT more about the shaft and where it's going.

Have you seen some of the drills from my April 30-day COVID-19 thing?

Hello! Thanks for your response 🙂

Yeah - I watched some of em - I think part 5,6 and 7.

What do you mean by shaft trajectory? During backswing? Start of the swing or? 😮 

• Administrator

I mean that it's tough to recover from here:

image.png

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I mean that it's tough to recover from here:

image.png

Oh okay - that's during the backswing, right... So I think you mean that wrist cock/hinge is too early, yeah? 😮

7 minutes ago, swingman123123 said:

Oh okay - that's during the backswing, right... So I think you mean that wrist cock/hinge is too early, yeah? 😮

No. He means you’ve taken the club way too much inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

No. He means you’ve taken the club way too much inside.

Yeah.. you are right - the wrist hinge & rigfht wrist movement during the backwing isn't correct, I checked some videos about that.. Thanks!

I think I did this, because I wanted to swing more from the inside, so I tried to rotate my body & wrists and everything more...

6 minutes ago, swingman123123 said:

Yeah.. you are right - the wrist hinge & rigfht wrist movement during the backwing isn't correct, I checked some videos about that.. Thanks!

I think I did this, because I wanted to swing more from the inside, so I tried to rotate my body & wrists and everything more...

Yeah, that’s a common thing that golfers believe. “If I takeaway more to the inside, I’ll be able to swing from the inside!”

The reality is that it’ll likely cause an over the top move which I’d wager is where the slice miss you mentioned comes from. Ideally you want the club head to be bisecting the hands at this point or even slightly outside of the hands.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, swingman123123 said:

There are a lot of good element of your swing. Work on the COVID drills Day 1 to 5. It takes a bit of work, but you can fix the takeaway piece Erik mentioned. You can use a mirror or even your own shadow. Do the drills and film them. Post them here.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!