mywong23

teeoff.com and golfnow.com Merged

10 posts / 675 viewsLast Reply

how many of you joined both online sites?

I did, and now the merger has removed several perks 😞

I joined for the discounts in booking tee times; not all the other videos, vacation info, etc....

now I'm disappointed.   NBC which already owned golfnow, purchased teeoff, last year.

They had promised to keep the entities separate with their own booking policies....

But I think the shelter-in-home shutdown most courses for last two months...

and when revenues decreased, NBC had to re-org and merge.... and layoff bunch of employees 😞

yes, that handwriting was probably on the wall... but catalysed with co-vid-19

just venting,

mike wong

If I use one it is always TeeOff. It doesn’t charge you the $8 fee like Golfnow. Usually I’ll use the course app or book it online. If I’m feeling really frisky I’ll actually call the course. 

I checked a local course today, Golfnow was more expensive than using the course's website.  I've used both sites but usually avoid them if I can find a better deal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, shopping around pays off.  Calling a course almost always yields a similar or better result than relying on the website or GolfNow (Hot Deals excepted).

i was told by a course manager that GolfNow gets 100% of the Hot Deal green fee.  That is the payment they get for running the booking operation.  I decided to not sign up for Hot Deals and call courses more often.

23 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

i was told by a course manager that GolfNow gets 100% of the Hot Deal green fee.  That is the payment they get for running the booking operation.  I decided to not sign up for Hot Deals and call courses more often.

Yikes! I'll be avoiding that going forward, thanks.

About 4 or 5 years ago almost every course in my county (roughly 15 of them) got together and told GolfNow to take a hike.

in the SF bay area, I estimate 90+ % of public courses use golfnow or teeoff.

previously, we had others ( EZlink, golf707, et al...) but these have been assimulated....

I find online rates, are slightly lower that retail rates at courses. (however I concur that shopping is wiser)

since the merger, I suspect there will be no more competive online pricing.

and some perks have already been removed.

--------------------------------------

in CA, two online voucher services offer good rates -- only for specific courses.

these are Clickit golf  and golfmoose.com

====================================================

ps:  ask if there are any birthday discounts....

you might find a free round available  !!!!

I avoid GolfNow with the exception of Hot Deals, and I was not aware that TeeOff was bought out. 

I had actually just booked a Hot Deal at a local course about an hour ago. Green fee was $25, plus $3.49 in fees and $2.18 in taxes. TeeOff has the remaining 2 spots for the tee time (I only purchased 2 out of 4) for $27, with no fees, and $2.02 in taxes. 

I checked several other courses and TeeOff was consistently $2 higher than GolfNow. So it appears that while they are keeping with their no booking fees policy, the are still getting some/most of that money by charging more. 

That’s interesting because where I am the prices with both are the same. The only difference is the fee golf now charges. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • I've been Playing Golf for: Almost 30 years. I started when I was 22.  My current handicap index or average score is: A mess right now. 2 years ago I got my handicap below 8, but right now I don't feel like I could even break 100. Thus this thread.  My typical ball flight is: Fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: For 15 years I fought a snaphook. I played a draw, but when it went badly golf was no longer fun. So, the last 5 years or so, I've played what I hoped was a power fade. Now however I'm trying to eliminate the weak fade with the driver and the hosel rocket with my irons. (The hosel shot sucks as much as the snaphook used to.) Videos:  Before I get to the videos. Here's some stuff I'm working on:  And and Now some video: I know this is shot in my basement. But I just can't get any time to get to the range. So, I figured I could at least use this to practice taking video. I attempted to shoot this straight down the toe line.   This is the caddie view.    I realized I was a little close the camera. So, I tried to do the Caddie View again. Of course I realize I still have a way to go. These swings are far from perfect. They are, however, perfect examples of where my swing is right now. 
    • I'm in the market for a new hybrid and am looking for suggestions.  Let me start by saying that I am a notorious cheapskate and always looking to maximize value. So I started out looking at a generation older club to save some money and was debating between the Ping 410 ($169 new) and the Callaway Epic Flash ($199).  I had kind of settled on the Callaway figuring that the fact that it was a bit newer and adjustable where the Ping wasn't so therefore worth the extra $20,  Then I started to wonder is a new Callaway Mavrik might be worth the extra $50 over the Flash.  Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have much luck demoing the older clubs as the stores tend not to keep older demo clubs around.  Best I could probably do it tape up a new club, so I'm not sure I can tell much from hitting them. So, can anyone provide any feedback on the clubs I'm considering, or are there better options? 
    • I used to have a really high ball flight. it was pretty routine for the ball to be in or an inch from the pitch mark. I have several pics I took over the years of the ball embedded in the green. I KNEW where my wedges would land. Injuries have altered my swing and now I have a lot less arc. On a completely unrelated note, I tend to hit a club weaker than I used to and routinely see the ballrun off the green at which point I mutter aspersions against the green not holding...truth is, I needed that trajectory to control my distance.   that is the best reason I can imagine for a high trajectory...distance control.
    • Any golfer can get fitted for their golf clubs, it's a matter of how much you'll be getting out of the fitting session. For a relatively new golfer to the game, the benefit might not be as obvious as someone have been playing the game for awhile.  How can you fit a golfer when the golfer's game is still evolving and changing ?  So, you might get some benefit out of the equipment fitting if you don't expect the fitting to change your game drastically. I caution using the word drastically, because going from a 12 handicap index to an 8 is a drastic change in relative short time.  Going from a 23 index to a 15 in one season is drastic.  Going from an 8 index  to a 2 will also be drastic in a short timing. Most the golfers will never drop below a double digit index if they're only the weekend warriors . Imagine giving a relatively new driver a world class sports car..... how much can the driver do with it ?   But.... if one has the dough to blow, why not pretend he is the F1 driver.
    • Like I said before, I’m not a good player, plus I only play once a week. Our local  dealer wanted $875 for a 6-A wedge. I wound up buying a used set of 714 AP1’s in great shape from a guy in a neighboring town. They are a 5-A wedge, but I’m going to re-grip them,  so I’ll be all in at about $310. Those T300 irons sure are nice looking though.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. 65ross
      65ross
      (71 years old)
    2. Billsy
      Billsy
      (52 years old)
    3. Casey 5-Strokes
      Casey 5-Strokes
      (43 years old)
    4. djfajt71
      djfajt71
      (49 years old)
    5. golden_boar
      golden_boar
      (61 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...