Please Use Title Case on New Topics
mywong23

teeoff.com and golfnow.com Merged

10 posts / 658 viewsLast Reply

how many of you joined both online sites?

I did, and now the merger has removed several perks 😞

I joined for the discounts in booking tee times; not all the other videos, vacation info, etc....

now I'm disappointed.   NBC which already owned golfnow, purchased teeoff, last year.

They had promised to keep the entities separate with their own booking policies....

But I think the shelter-in-home shutdown most courses for last two months...

and when revenues decreased, NBC had to re-org and merge.... and layoff bunch of employees 😞

yes, that handwriting was probably on the wall... but catalysed with co-vid-19

just venting,

mike wong

If I use one it is always TeeOff. It doesn’t charge you the $8 fee like Golfnow. Usually I’ll use the course app or book it online. If I’m feeling really frisky I’ll actually call the course. 

I checked a local course today, Golfnow was more expensive than using the course's website.  I've used both sites but usually avoid them if I can find a better deal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, shopping around pays off.  Calling a course almost always yields a similar or better result than relying on the website or GolfNow (Hot Deals excepted).

i was told by a course manager that GolfNow gets 100% of the Hot Deal green fee.  That is the payment they get for running the booking operation.  I decided to not sign up for Hot Deals and call courses more often.

23 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

i was told by a course manager that GolfNow gets 100% of the Hot Deal green fee.  That is the payment they get for running the booking operation.  I decided to not sign up for Hot Deals and call courses more often.

Yikes! I'll be avoiding that going forward, thanks.

About 4 or 5 years ago almost every course in my county (roughly 15 of them) got together and told GolfNow to take a hike.

in the SF bay area, I estimate 90+ % of public courses use golfnow or teeoff.

previously, we had others ( EZlink, golf707, et al...) but these have been assimulated....

I find online rates, are slightly lower that retail rates at courses. (however I concur that shopping is wiser)

since the merger, I suspect there will be no more competive online pricing.

and some perks have already been removed.

--------------------------------------

in CA, two online voucher services offer good rates -- only for specific courses.

these are Clickit golf  and golfmoose.com

====================================================

ps:  ask if there are any birthday discounts....

you might find a free round available  !!!!

I avoid GolfNow with the exception of Hot Deals, and I was not aware that TeeOff was bought out. 

I had actually just booked a Hot Deal at a local course about an hour ago. Green fee was $25, plus $3.49 in fees and $2.18 in taxes. TeeOff has the remaining 2 spots for the tee time (I only purchased 2 out of 4) for $27, with no fees, and $2.02 in taxes. 

I checked several other courses and TeeOff was consistently $2 higher than GolfNow. So it appears that while they are keeping with their no booking fees policy, the are still getting some/most of that money by charging more. 

That’s interesting because where I am the prices with both are the same. The only difference is the fee golf now charges.