iacas

Tour Players/Caddies Testing Positive for COVID-19

79 posts / 3480 viewsLast Reply

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Day has "elected" to play alone today…

‘After months of wearing a mask..my ears have lost some elasticity and unfortunately it’s caused me to to have to WD.’

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

Why was post #72, my rebuttal got deleted?  It wasn't offensive or anything just a well reasoned response.

"Limit close contact with others outside your household in indoor and outdoor spaces."

From CDC guideline on social distancing. 

coronavirus-1200x675.jpg

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the...

Just moved to general Covid discussion. The other site is more about the Tour specifically.🙂

Listened to the NLU podcast that came out today. I guess cam champ, who tested positive, has taken 3 more tests since then that have all come back negative. There is so much gray area here. 

46 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Listened to the NLU podcast that came out today. I guess cam champ, who tested positive, has taken 3 more tests since then that have all come back negative. There is so much gray area here. 

I'm not even sure it's gray area so much as whatever the false positive and false negative rates for the tests are.  I haven't paid close enough attention to even know if those values are known.

60 minutes did a report on a test kit that was suppose to check for antibodies.   The idea of the test kit was to determine if you had the Coronavirus at one time.   I believe they found that only about 20% of the test were accurate.   I believe it will be quite some time before we have an accurate test.   

Edited by dennyjones

Problem with these tests are that some of the tests have a very low sensitivity and/or selectivity.  In the beginning, CDC's tests were basically useless.  Even some test now, you see them to be only 60-70% accurate.  I am sure other tests have much higher sensitivity and selectivity.  But we don't know which test people are actually using.

Regardless, no test is 100% accurate.  So it is not surprising to see some false positive (and probably some false negative as well.