IGNORED

Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I first started playing my first 3W was a Callaway Steelhead knockoff - it was perfect for what it was (I still have it today - with a training grip on it) - I did end up buying an actual Steelhead 3W shortly after. The person I played with had knock offs also. I owned TaylorMade irons for a while, and now I really like the Maltby set that I have built for me at Golf Galaxy (not knockoffs but not OEM's). And I will continue to use a pull cart - I have no need to show how much of a man I am by carrying my clubs. Hell - the pros use caddies - they don't carry either.

While I am a shill when it comes to marketing (with my Callaway bag, Callaway shirts and Callaway visors), I have absolutely no sympathy for the OEM's when it comes to knockoffs because these companies are certainly not suffering when it comes to club sales, ball sales, marketing, etc. - knock offs exist and people will buy them - they are not hurting Callaway's bottom line...

The great thing about golf is you can go out and simply play against the course - no need to be competitive with anyone but yourself - if I am having a good time with good friends and they shoot 73 to my 90, I don't care. If they do it using a TaylorMade, knock off, hockey stick or garden rake I couldn't care less. They can have a caddy carry their bags for them, matters little to me.

-----------------------------------------------------
In my Callaway Stand bag:

Callaway x460 10 degree - graphite stiff flex
Callaway Steelhead III 3W, 5W - graphite firm flex
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*), 4 (22*), 5 (25*) - graphite stiff flex
Maltby KE4 Tour Irons 6-PW
Maltby M-Series Forged 50*, 56*, 60* Wedges
TaylorMade Rossa Putter - 33"
------------------------------------------------------

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!