IGNORED

Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I saw your bag as you described it, I would immediately think you had a very high handicap, and were no fun to play with. You could prove me wrong if we played.

That is an incredibly sad statement.

So is the opposite true as well, if you see someone with brand new, name-brand equipment you immediately think they must be a scratch-golfer and they would be a lot of fun to play with? Honestly I have found the opposite to be true some of the time. I beg of you, please don't judge people based upon their clubs or if they decide to use a push/pull cart, or if they want to use iron head-covers. If you must "judge" someone, base it on their character, not their equipment. You may find that people will surprise you.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

That is an incredibly sad statement.

Please review my dave chappelle analogy. I am only getting a first impression from the golf clubs or pull carts. I am not making a judgment of the quality of the persons character, rather their golf knowledge and ability. As a round progresses I will continually update my view of the persons golf ability, golf knowledge, and funess to play with as new information presents itself.

I would never judge the character of a person based on any material goods.

Cant we just end this conversation at this point.

You have expressed your opinion Sparky - More than a few times may I add.

Your not changing anyones mind, Nor are you changing your opinion. There for at this point the conversation is a moot point.

What I have learned from you sparky.
- People that play clones are Golf Challenged - Not intelligent when it comes to purchases.

- People that use push-carts are out right cheathers. Just because they have the option to use one and they exercise that right when they feel they need to. - I have never given a second thought when I see someone who has the ability to carry their bag but use a pull cart as trying to get an unfair advantage over me. To insinuate that is ridiculous.

- I still have no idea what your problem with Iron Covers are. At this point I have taken the covers off my Driver - 3 wood - 3H - and Putter to make you happy.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Cant we just end this conversation at this point.

If you are unhappy with this thread, do not read it. The discussion will go on as long as people are posting questions about my philosophy.

What I have learned from you sparky.

Absolutely correct here.

- People that use push-carts are out right cheathers. Just because they have the option to use one and they exercise that right when they feel they need to. - I have never given a second thought when I see someone who has the ability to carry their bag but use a pull cart as trying to get an unfair advantage over me. To insinuate that is ridiculous.

To say it does not offer any advantage defies logic and the laws of physics. You may contend that it doesn't offer a significant advantage, but it has to be an advantage none the less.

If you are unhappy with this thread, do not read it. The discussion will go on as long as people are posting questions about my philosophy.

This converstion isnt a conversation. Its just you defending your reasoning and stating the same thing over and over in each post that you make. We undstand your point. Just copy and paste the same answer or point us back to a post that you made that answers everything.

If it offers such a huge advantage that your complaining about it. Then take out a damn cart and walk with one. To say that people are cheaters because they use them is stupid. Thats like saying tow trucks shouldnt exist. Your car broke down, to bad - push the damn thing yourself. --- And I still dont believe you have said why you are against Iron Covers.

Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Its just you defending your reasoning and stating the same thing over and over in each post that you make. We undstand your point.

I apologize if I have been repetitive. I am being asked similar questions in different ways so my answers may seem that way.

If it offers such a huge advantage that your complaining about it. Then take out a damn cart and walk with one. T

I cannot believe you are suggesting I use a pull cart, perhaps my disgust of them has not been repetitive enough.

Thats like saying tow trucks shouldnt exist. Your car broke down, to bad - push the damn thing yourself.

I dont really understand this or how it is any way similar. please explain more.

--- And I still dont believe you have said why you are against Iron Covers.

Iron covers are tacky but not a big deal, to avoid being repetitive see my numerical rating of annoyance in the earlier post.

I cannot believe you are suggesting I use a pull cart, perhaps my disgust of them has not been repetitive enough.

I dont care if you despise pull carts. You say they give a competitive advantage. I think you are the ignorant one for not capatilizing on this advantage. Maybe the people that use these are somehow more intelligent than you are by using this radical, game-improving, shot lessening, less energy wasting mechanism.

I dont really understand this or how it is any way similar. please explain more.

Its like saying you shouldnt use it even though its there. Why haul the car/bag when you have another viable option at your fingertips. Hence, the towtruck/push-cart.

I dont care if you despise pull carts. You say they give a competitive advantage. I think you are the ignorant one for not capatilizing on this advantage. Maybe the people that use these are somehow more intelligent than you are by using this radical, game-improving, shot lessening, less energy wasting mechanism.

But I feel that it is cheating and a disgrace to the game. So I dont do it, just like I dont cheat by throwing my golf ball or shaving strokes. Either of those would be an advantage but are cheating none the less.

Its like saying you shouldnt use it even though its there. Why haul the car/bag when you have another viable option at your fingertips. Hence, the towtruck/push-cart.

Just because the technology is there does mean I should do it. Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular.

Some people agree with you on the clones but I would go to say that a majority of the people that have read this disagree with you on the other 2 topics at hand.

To say that people cheat by using a *Caddie On Wheels* is ridiculous. And to say that Iron Covers are tacky, well thats your own opinion and your entitled to it. Just dont try to pass on anything you say as fact.

Golf is a game that appeals to everyone. To say that anyone is a lesser player because they have an offbrand product in their bag is stupid. Thats like saying someone that buys RC Cola is a moron because he could have bought coke.

Its their own personal preference to what they buy and it is thier money to spend it in anyway that they want to.

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this because at this point I am actually going to go put a club in my hand and smack a few down range.

But I feel that it is cheating and a disgrace to the game. So I dont do it, just like I dont cheat by throwing my golf ball or shaving strokes. Either of those would be an advantage but are cheating none the less.

Using a push/pull cart IS NOT CHEATING!

Cheating is shaving strokes or giving yourself a better lie, but using a pull/push cart is not cheating. Do you feel that everyone who rides a golf cart is cheating? Do you feel that professionals who use a caddy are cheating? Now you can say that in your opinion it gives your competitors a slight advantage over you if they use a cart and you carry, but you can't say they are cheating because they aren't I am going to say it again, don't be so judgmental of how others choose to play the game or the equipment they choose to use, I promise that you will live a much happier life.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Three points in one post and I completely disagree with all of them.

Using your same logic, carrying rain gear(umbrella, rain pants and top) would also be extra weight... therefore, putting the person that carries this extra gear at a disadvantage. However, a person that chooses NOT to carry the rain gear would ALSO be at a disadvantage IF it actually started raining(and had NO gear to put on)...

Again, using your logic it would an unfair advantage given different circumstances... therefore, they could BOTH be deemed cheaters. Hypothetically, say you pull your head out of your(you know what) and say, "Ok guys pull carts are OK"... then, Gasp! Someone shows up with one of those 3 wheel push carts... Are they then the cheaters? (It is understood that pushing something is slightly easier that pulling the same weight)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

It nice to see that people share my sentiment when it comes to this topic.

I think this is another mis-speak, just like 'unfair' advantage. Please tell me you don't actually believe that it is

against the Rules of Golf, as defined by the U.S.G.A. and/or R&A;, to use a pull cart?
Just because the technology is there does mean I should do it. Whats popular is not always right, whats right is not always popular.

And yet, you have a 460cc driver and cavity back irons.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In the golf world it is seen as an unfair advantage if you are pulling your clubs while others are carrying their own.

I am merely making a point that among the circle of medium to low handicap golfers that I associate with........

23 years old...

Ah yes, as a 23 year old your circle of golfing friends are considered "the golf world". I'm glad you guys are deciding what's tacky and what's not because I don't think the rest of us thousands and thousands of golfers out there should be allowed to determine that.

My problem with Pull carts is that they are illegal in real competition, but yet available at most courses.

Oh I get it, you want to level the playing field by having your opponent carry his bag. So let's see what a conversation with Mr. SparkyRedick would sound like after a match:

He loses - "Yeah, I was hitting them great all day but my putting was off. If he didn't have that damn pull cart I would have won." He wins - "It was awesome. I beat him by two strokes! Did I mention he was even using a pull cart?"
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this is crazy. in one day we have 8 pages of clone club/pull cart madness!! pull carts are fine! i occasionaly use one because i have a bad back! and if i lose to somebody using any kind of cart, the fact that they had the cart wouldn't be my first gripe.
and if i beat somebody using clone clubs, that wouldn't be my first boast!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

It nice to see that people share my sentiment when it comes to this topic.

I would have to say most golfers back your sentiment...including myself. The fact that a pull cart is considered cheating in his mind is BOGUS!

In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I think this is another mis-speak, just like 'unfair' advantage. Please tell me you don't actually believe that it is

I am referring to it as cheating in a competitive form, ie tournaments, college and pro golf. Correct me if I am wrong but it is against the rules to have a pull cart or any cart in the pro's or tournaments or college D1 golf.

I would have to say most golfers back your sentiment...including myself. The fact that a pull cart is considered cheating in his mind is BOGUS!

We should set up a poll to see how many people are on my side vs. yours.

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!