IGNORED

Your opinion of Clone Clubs

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh I get it, you want to level the playing field by having your opponent carry his bag. So let's see what a conversation with Mr. SparkyRedick would sound like after a match:

This is borderline offensive to me. I would never do anything like this.

I am going to say it again, don't be so judgmental of how others choose to play the game or the equipment they choose to use, I promise that you will live a much happier life.

I am going to say it again, I enjoy my judgmental life thoroughly. Your promise is not true.

Let those without the clones cast the first stone.

This is borderline offensive to me. I would never do anything like this.

Maybe I should have included some Smilies to lighten up the post?

Breathe in...........................and out.........................
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe I should have included some Smilies to lighten up the post?

I am breathing, but why a personal attack? We are having a friendly discussion and you took it to a different level.

Im going to go take my pull cart and go home.

I am breathing, but why a personal attack?

I wouldn't really call that a personal attack, but maybe that's just me being so thick skinned.

Have another smiley
In my bag:

Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

this whole page is two people!!!! ARGG!!!!!
i like deep breathing!

i gave you both rep points for having an entertaining argument

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

In hind sight I should have started a separate thread for the Pull cart and iron cover discussions.

If we could steer back to the original topic, ( I seemed to have at least some people agreeing with me on the clone wars)

Personally, they are not my thing. I agree that you can find great name brand clubs at a steal on ebay (I did); but to vilify a person for using them is a bit...oh...25mg short of what one would call 'sane'. If you use a set of clubs made from straw, rocks and twine and are able to hit that dimpled ball 200+ yards, then I'm not going to knock it.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

i gave you both rep points for having an entertaining argument

I just about choked on my Coke. That's funny enough for me to throw some rep points back!

In my bag:

I dont like the clone clubs either I totally agree with you
In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

I am referring to it as cheating in a competitive form, ie tournaments, college and pro golf. Correct me if I am wrong but it is against the rules to have a pull cart or any cart in the pro's or tournaments or college D1 golf.

I didn't play D1 golf, so I don't know if they're legal there or not. If the rules of D1 golf expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating

in that situation only . As for tournaments? The only two tournaments I've played in permitted carts - both pull and motor. If you used a cart in one of those tournaments, it wasn't cheating - they were permitted. If you played in a tournament that expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating again, in that situation only . Finally, the permissibility of professionals using carts depends on the tour. On the Umbrella tours, the professionals have caddies, so the rule isn't really relevant. I seem to recall that the Champions Tour uses motorized carts in its non-majors. Maybe Tom Kite went from being #1 on the money list to being a regular golf cheater. It seems sad that Ben Crenshaw and Tom Watson joined him in cheating. I wonder why they still get paid if they're cheating? Unless motor carts aren't cheating while pull carts are, for some reason. So, is your argument that pull carts are cheating when a tournament's rules forbid them? Then yes, they are. It's also cheating to carry six clubs in a five-club tournament. Should I pare my bag down to five clubs for everyday play accordingly?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I didn't play D1 golf, so I don't know if they're legal there or not. If the rules of D1 golf expressly forbid them, then they would be cheating

Since pull carts are strictly prohibited in College golf and Pro golf, we should aspire to be like them. And hire a caddy.

New rule for tomorrow Shindig: Putters only, no headcovers allowed, must have an insert!

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

New rule for tomorrow Shindig: Putters only, no headcovers allowed, must have an insert!

Assuming that putter is not a clone, that is fine.

When I am wagering on a round I consider that a real competition, yet my opponent can have a pull cart and there is nothing I can do to stop him.

It occurs to me, there's a better solution to this problem:

Don't bet with anyone who uses a pull-cart. State clearly, to whoever you'd be betting with, that the conditions for your betting are that each player carries his own bag. If you don't bet with anyone who doesn't abide by this, you haven't a disadvantage with respect to this. If they don't give up the pull-cart, no bets. It's that simple.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

SparkyRedick,
I think you might turn out to be carrying the clubs for the tour caddies with that 14 handicap of yours

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Since pull carts are strictly prohibited in College golf and Pro golf, we should aspire to be like them. And hire a caddy.

Did we establish that they're strictly prohibited in college and pro golf? I'd have to check D2 and D3 for college golf and the mini-tours. Any word if the Gateway or Pepsi tours permit pull carts?

-- Michael | My swing! 

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read. You clearly do not understand the original question posed on this thread. I love and respect our country and our freedom of choice on all topics including head covers. However, some choice are made by inferior golfers. When a high percentage of low skill golfers are making the same choice, (clone clubs), it is difficult for me to not lump these low sill golfers together. When I see someone using a clone club, I immediately have a mental image of all the inferior golfers I have seen in the past with these clubs. Look at the number of professionals using clones or having iron covers or having pull carts.

and guess what? you are one of the worst people i have ever come across. clubs have nothing to do with how good a golfer is. having mizuno blades compared to ping g10's makes no difference. people dont want to pay 800 bucks for a new set of irons when they're only a novice, they may play golf once a week/fortnight and either can't afford new clubs or aren't worried by people like you giving them shit for it. and wy should you have to buy used irons. i say screw you. it is people like you who often make the world a crappy place to live. good day!

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 3223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!