IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoyed Phil the announcer but does it not seem weird from a COVID perspective that they just let him in the booth?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, jamo said:

I enjoyed Phil the announcer but does it not seem weird from a COVID perspective that they just let him in the booth?

The rules are made up and the points don’t matter 

(edited)

A lot can change but fun to think it’s feasible Koepka & Bryson get paired at this point 👹

Edited by woodzie264
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 minutes ago, jamo said:

Agreed.  When Finch said "we learn to not make predictions" or whatever, I wanted him to reply with "well, what's the fun in that?" Also, he's gone now so he doesn't get to gloat, but he did say Li would birdie 6 and/OR 7, and he just did exactly that sooooo ...

Kind of gave me a refreshing Tony Romo vibe.

• Like 1

3D1AAA47-CFD9-4F9E-93B8-74415D0F2454.jpeg

Whoever named Lake Merced Golf Club was a bit generous with the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

25 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Maybe he thinks he was a mail man at some point?

Haha. He thought he was Karl Malone. 

I turned it off when they started pouring on the commercials. This is the first round I’ve watched for more than an hour since like, last year? The whole production, while I realize it’s a hard job, I just hate the announcing, and the shot selection and everything about network broadcast golf. Pretty much what the No Laying Up guys say. I can’t go two minutes without rolling my eyes. Don’t ever DJ Ian Baker Finch. 

Steve

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Haha. He thought he was Karl Malone. 

I turned it off when they started pouring on the commercials. This is the first round I’ve watched for more than an hour since like, last year? The whole production, while I realize it’s a hard job, I just hate the announcing, and the shot selection and everything about network broadcast golf. Pretty much what the No Laying Up guys say. I can’t go two minutes without rolling my eyes. Don’t ever DJ Ian Baker Finch. 

NLU make really good points. 

If you missed watching yesterday with ESPN, I’m sorry- coverage was sooo good!

Also, I really enjoyed when Phil was in the booth. He gave good insights about what was actually happening—and why some players struggle or are better than others at certain skills (Finau’s putting for instance)

I even enjoyed Bryson's 95 foot putt although I kind of feel about Bryson like @Vinskfeels about Koepka! :-)

I think it's set up to be an interesting day tomorrow.

1 minute ago, gjunkie57 said:

Looking forwards to the final round.  DJ leading and Koepka with a chance to 3-peat. 

I hope DJ shows up and Koepka starts off with a snowman. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I put money down on DJ right from the start ...covering like 6 of the top 9 coming into the last day ... 

my wallet wants Champ / Scottie to pull out their first majors ...

As long as DJ puts alway Brooks I'll be happy ....getting far too big for his boots

Go Foxy Go

I like that the rough is penalizing wayward drives. It’s not quite Bethpage USO bad but enough. And the lack of sand in the bunkers keeping them from spinning the ball. 

I think Mickelson made a lot of great points and was a breath of fresh air but he could dial it down a little. 

Not rooting for anyone in particular, just hoping for a lot of guys battling it out at the end. 

Steve

23 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Good point Turtleback.  My bad.  Yes, it takes a Gaussian distribution to achieve a bell curve.  Sometimes there can be skewed distribution that doesn't produce a bell curve, then you end up with what I would call a multi-modal distribution or graph.  Sorta like the distribution of my golf shots.

You can call it whatever you want, but the extreme ends of a normal distribution have been thoroughly analyzed and has nothing to do with a "multi-modal distribution" which is something completely different.  Don't become the Leo Gorcey of math terms.

17 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Agreed.  When Finch said "we learn to not make predictions" or whatever, I wanted him to reply with "well, what's the fun in that?" Also, he's gone now so he doesn't get to gloat, but he did say Li would birdie 6 and/OR 7, and he just did exactly that sooooo ...

Kind of gave me a refreshing Tony Romo vibe.

I had that exact same comparison.  I like them both as announcers.  Which is kind of ironic as t was a fan of neither as players.

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

14 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I hope DJ shows up and Koepka starts off with a snowman. 

I get he ain't a fav (not mine either) but why hate? 🤔

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!