IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

I dunno.

What are the odds you’ll realize the dude has been playing incredibly good golf so far this year, has won a tournament, and just finished T4 during the PGA? 

And then maybe make the mental leap and realize that the added length probably has a good deal to do with that.

Jesus. Chill dude. You’re a little too high up in Bryson’s pants there. Didn’t know 1) There are Bryson fans out there and 2) They take things so damn seriously kinda like him. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Jesus. Chill dude. You’re a little too high up in Bryson’s pants there. Didn’t know 1) There are Bryson fans out there and 2) They take things so damn seriously kinda like him.

I like Bryson because i prefer eccentric people playing on the PGA Tour. It makes things interesting. I would prefer if you didn't make a sweeping generalization like that. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Morikawa, Wolff, Champ, forgetting who else, Hovland, and more. New crop of youth going to freshen things up. 

100% this.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Brooks may have laid an egg on Sunday, but in grander scheme of things I am forced to have a high respect for his grunt strength, physical and mental. The fellow never fails to show up from all over the place at dinner (majors) time. He ain't a tap dancing entertainer but how can you deny him at least some, even if it is begrudging respect?

I am starting to lean towards liking him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

I was happy to see Bryson get right there at a shot to win with everything he's been working on. I was also happy to see Finau play loose/free compared to his other Sunday finishes where he seemed to play too safe. I'd been hoping all day that the 16th hole would decide winner and it truly did and what an incredible shot it was, well deserved for Morikawa and Bryson was really close to getting a eagle on 16 as well. Overall was really awesome golf to watch.

• Like 1

:titleist:

:tmade:

30 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I like Bryson because i prefer eccentric people playing on the PGA Tour. It makes things interesting. I would prefer if you didn't make a sweeping generalization like that. 

I agree that I think he’s good for that. He livens up the game. I just think the guy is a complete douche bag and that’s putting it nicely.  The cameraman thing rubbed me the wrong way and really put him in a negative light with me.

Edited by ChrisP
  • Like 1

Listen to No Laying Up - Golf Podcast episodes free, on demand. Collin Morikawa wins the 2020 PGA Championship in iconic fashion. We break...

• Like 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I like Collin. Share (kinda) the same name, good looking kid, skinny waisted, beautiful swing, bombs it. What's not to like?

Colin P.

Well, I couldn't resist, I set the drive to the theme from The Natural. Pick me out a winner, Bobby.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Some random thoughts:

The drive on 16 reminded me of Padraig Harrington's 5 wood on the 71st hole in the Open a while back.  An unbelievable shot that just shut the door.

Lots of mask silliness.  Funniest was Morikawa sitting with his girlfriend with no one near and her wearing a mask.  I'm pretty sure they weren't going to be social distancing later on in the evening, so who or what was the mask protecting?  Kind of like Fauci standing on the pitcher's mound with no one within 60 feet wearing a mask.

I found this a very satisfying outcome. Once Tiger was out of the running I didn't think I'd care much, but I did.  Morikawa seems like a great kid.

I didn't care for all of the PGA of America virtue signalling.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Not that All England Club. 

8BDDD910-76A9-4046-8F5B-59AECCC13747.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Not that All England Club. 

8BDDD910-76A9-4046-8F5B-59AECCC13747.jpeg

I’m surprised Luke Donald is on that list. I guess I never thought about it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I looped this little bit from the PGA ad, lol.

Steve

• Administrator
4 hours ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Don't get that. Anyone winning by miles makes for boring viewing. Why does Tiger automatically make it better? Hint: it doesn't.

Tiger winning is historic. Someone else is not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Grizvok said:

I dunno.

What are the odds you’ll realize the dude has been playing incredibly good golf so far this year, has won a tournament, and just finished T4 during the PGA? 

And then maybe make the mental leap and realize that the added length probably has a good deal to do with that.

Maybe he could try playing a few more shots from the fairway. Radical thought I know. 

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Brooks may have laid an egg on Sunday, but in grander scheme of things I am forced to have a high respect for his grunt strength, physical and mental. The fellow never fails to show up from all over the place at dinner (majors) time. He ain't a tap dancing entertainer but how can you deny him at least some, even if it is begrudging respect?

I am starting to lean towards liking him. 

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

31 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Maybe he could try playing a few more shots from the fairway. Radical thought I know. 

Depends what the alternative is.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Guest smd
18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

I think you are taking them way to seriously. He is having a friendly dig at some his playing colleagues. If there are not able to take a bit of light hearted ribbing from a fellow competitor, they shouldn't be playing professional sport. 

Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!