Jump to content

260 posts / 9114 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

I dunno.

What are the odds you’ll realize the dude has been playing incredibly good golf so far this year, has won a tournament, and just finished T4 during the PGA? 

And then maybe make the mental leap and realize that the added length probably has a good deal to do with that.

Jesus. Chill dude. You’re a little too high up in Bryson’s pants there. Didn’t know 1) There are Bryson fans out there and 2) They take things so damn seriously kinda like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Jesus. Chill dude. You’re a little too high up in Bryson’s pants there. Didn’t know 1) There are Bryson fans out there and 2) They take things so damn seriously kinda like him.

I like Bryson because i prefer eccentric people playing on the PGA Tour. It makes things interesting. I would prefer if you didn't make a sweeping generalization like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Morikawa, Wolff, Champ, forgetting who else, Hovland, and more. New crop of youth going to freshen things up. 

 

100% this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brooks may have laid an egg on Sunday, but in grander scheme of things I am forced to have a high respect for his grunt strength, physical and mental. The fellow never fails to show up from all over the place at dinner (majors) time. He ain't a tap dancing entertainer but how can you deny him at least some, even if it is begrudging respect?

I am starting to lean towards liking him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was happy to see Bryson get right there at a shot to win with everything he's been working on. I was also happy to see Finau play loose/free compared to his other Sunday finishes where he seemed to play too safe. I'd been hoping all day that the 16th hole would decide winner and it truly did and what an incredible shot it was, well deserved for Morikawa and Bryson was really close to getting a eagle on 16 as well. Overall was really awesome golf to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I like Bryson because i prefer eccentric people playing on the PGA Tour. It makes things interesting. I would prefer if you didn't make a sweeping generalization like that. 

I agree that I think he’s good for that. He livens up the game. I just think the guy is a complete douche bag and that’s putting it nicely.  The cameraman thing rubbed me the wrong way and really put him in a negative light with me.

Edited by ChrisP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Listen to No Laying Up - Golf Podcast episodes free, on demand. Collin Morikawa wins the 2020 PGA Championship in iconic fashion. We break...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guest
14 hours ago, Zippo said:

Paul Casey gave a nice interview with Amanda. Classy guy.

Way to go Morikawa! Well played.

His last shot at a major without any doubt. Just couldn't keep that bogey off the card on back nine and needed that bit of luck too.

Ah well just not meant to be in the majors for Paul much like Poulter, Monty, Westwood & Donald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Collin. Share (kinda) the same name, good looking kid, skinny waisted, beautiful swing, bombs it. What's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I couldn't resist, I set the drive to the theme from The Natural. Pick me out a winner, Bobby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some random thoughts:

The drive on 16 reminded me of Padraig Harrington's 5 wood on the 71st hole in the Open a while back.  An unbelievable shot that just shut the door.

Lots of mask silliness.  Funniest was Morikawa sitting with his girlfriend with no one near and her wearing a mask.  I'm pretty sure they weren't going to be social distancing later on in the evening, so who or what was the mask protecting?  Kind of like Fauci standing on the pitcher's mound with no one within 60 feet wearing a mask.

I found this a very satisfying outcome. Once Tiger was out of the running I didn't think I'd care much, but I did.  Morikawa seems like a great kid.

I didn't care for all of the PGA of America virtue signalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Not that All England Club. 

8BDDD910-76A9-4046-8F5B-59AECCC13747.jpeg

I’m surprised Luke Donald is on that list. I guess I never thought about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Don't get that. Anyone winning by miles makes for boring viewing. Why does Tiger automatically make it better? Hint: it doesn't.

Tiger winning is historic. Someone else is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Grizvok said:

I dunno.

What are the odds you’ll realize the dude has been playing incredibly good golf so far this year, has won a tournament, and just finished T4 during the PGA? 

And then maybe make the mental leap and realize that the added length probably has a good deal to do with that.

Maybe he could try playing a few more shots from the fairway. Radical thought I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Brooks may have laid an egg on Sunday, but in grander scheme of things I am forced to have a high respect for his grunt strength, physical and mental. The fellow never fails to show up from all over the place at dinner (majors) time. He ain't a tap dancing entertainer but how can you deny him at least some, even if it is begrudging respect?

I am starting to lean towards liking him. 

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Maybe he could try playing a few more shots from the fairway. Radical thought I know. 

Depends what the alternative is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...