Jump to content

260 posts / 9471 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Guest
18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

I think you are taking them way to seriously. He is having a friendly dig at some his playing colleagues. If there are not able to take a bit of light hearted ribbing from a fellow competitor, they shouldn't be playing professional sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the morning after the PGA and I was very pleased.  The tournament was excellent and even the coverage was good. 

There was suspense well into the back nine with many great shots by many different players.  Since the leader board was tight they showed many different golfers instead of just a few leaders and "Big Names".  It is nice to see the talent of those that are not in the final group but still a part of the tour.  I think I saw more shots of different pros in this tournament than in any other.

As for the coverage, they avoided the worthless interviews such as earlier this year when they interviewed Bill Murray and Pres. Trump.  Instead they focused on golf.  Having Phil join the booth was enjoyable.  Maybe they should try to get a different play join for an hour each tournament.  That would let us get to know the other players that may not get as much media attention.

I may go contrary to many but I liked that there were no fans.  When showing the course you could easily see the surroundings and not just a line of fans along the fairway.  It gave me a very different feel to each hole.  Also, I did not miss the shouting of "Mashed Potatoes", etc. after the shots.

The only thing I did not like was that I needed to purchase ESPN+ to watch the early rounds. Fortunately it was only $5 and I can cancel so really not too much to complain about there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guest
1 minute ago, StuM said:

It is the morning after the PGA and I was very pleased.  The tournament was excellent and even the coverage was good. 

There was suspense well into the back nine with many great shots by many different players.  Since the leader board was tight they showed many different golfers instead of just a few leaders and "Big Names".  It is nice to see the talent of those that are not in the final group but still a part of the tour.  I think I saw more shots of different pros in this tournament than in any other.

As for the coverage, they avoided the worthless interviews such as earlier this year when they interviewed Bill Murray and Pres. Trump.  Instead they focused on golf.  Having Phil join the booth was enjoyable.  Maybe they should try to get a different play join for an hour each tournament.  That would let us get to know the other players that may not get as much media attention.

I may go contrary to many but I liked that there were no fans.  When showing the course you could easily see the surroundings and not just a line of fans along the fairway.  It gave me a very different feel to each hole.  Also, I did not miss the shouting of "Mashed Potatoes", etc. after the shots.

The only thing I did not like was that I needed to purchase ESPN+ to watch the early rounds. Fortunately it was only $5 and I can cancel so really not too much to complain about there.

 

I thought it was just me. I think the coverage is way better without fans and you don't have to listen to the mindless "BABA BOOEEE!" or "GET IN THE HOLE!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smdillon said:

I thought it was just me. I think the coverage is way better without fans and you don't have to listen to the mindless "BABA BOOEEE!" or "GET IN THE HOLE!" 

Since those guys are drunken cretins it stands to reason they don't read much.  Therefore they're not reading these comments and saying, "Ooh, that's me, I need to fix my behavior."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, smdillon said:

I thought it was just me. I think the coverage is way better without fans and you don't have to listen to the mindless "BABA BOOEEE!" or "GET IN THE HOLE!" 

Some of those "Yellers" are so sharp......like when they yell "Get in the Hole" and it totally misses the green.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, smdillon said:

I think you are taking them way to seriously. He is having a friendly dig at some his playing colleagues. If there are not able to take a bit of light hearted ribbing from a fellow competitor, they shouldn't be playing professional sport. 

I agree with Rory’s take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

His comments about having more majors than DJ were faintly reminiscent of Colin Montgomery's comments before the third round of the '97 Masters about experience, when he was paired with Tiger.  The difference, though, is that Brooks had already proven himself, whereas when Montgomery opened his yap, Tiger already had more PGA tour victories (3) than Montgomery would ever get (0).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, cutchemist42 said:

I'm rreally bugged by how much better ESPN is at golf vs CBS.

CBS does not do the game any favour without creating a good tv product.

They can’t blame the PGA Tour either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Mori's girlfriend is an absolute smokeshow also...

Agree. If they ever have children, they will be born with golf clubs in their hands. She played college gold too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Disagree. His comments were petty and disrespectful to the other players. Then he proceeded to drop his pants and get schooled. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy.🤣

Yes, to state the obvious you are hung up on what he says, I am looking at what he does/has done. And it's one poor round. 

51 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

 She played college gold too.

Oh yeah, she is absolutely golden now...😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

And it's one poor round. 

Right...it goes both ways. Brooks talked trash. Fine. Then he got schooled so it’s 100% acceptable to ride him for it. I like DJ and the other guys on the leaderboard. I’m not a fan of Brooks at all. It’s sports. Has nothing to do with being hung up on anything. When a team/player you don’t care for loses ...ya rib ‘em. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Right...it goes both ways. Brooks talked trash. Fine. Then he got schooled so it’s 100% acceptable to ride him for it. I like DJ and the other guys on the leaderboard. I’m not a fan of Brooks at all. It’s sports. Has nothing to do with being hung up on anything. When a team/player you don’t care for loses ...ya rib ‘em. 😛

Welp, one thing we can agree on.. would have loved nothing more than a DJ win yesterday. Although, sometimes you wonder he wants it as bad as others want him to want it. That rolling stone won't ever gather any moss...😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Welp, one thing we can agree on.. would have loved nothing more than a DJ win yesterday. Although, sometimes you wonder he wants it as bad as others want him to want it. That rolling stone won't ever gather any moss...😕 

DJ to win again? No thanks. That guy isn't a story. He's not interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

DJ to win again? No thanks. That guy isn't a story. He's not interesting.

Lol.

Edit:

Question: What's the difference between DJ (Cardboard box #1) and BK (Cardboard box #2)? 

Answer: Cardboard box #2 can give you a paper cut..😆

Edited by GolfLug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Mori's girlfriend is an absolute smokeshow also...

A very photogenic couple.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • I don't suppose to know the correct answer to this pandemic.  But, like most, have an opinion. My opinion is that closing golf courses is not going to do much to minimize the spread of Covid-19. Especially if the proper measures are taken by the course management to avoid the contact with the virus.  Almost all of the courses here have pool noodles in the holes, no ball washers, no rakes for the traps, allow one person motorized golf carts (trollies?), and masks required to enter the clubhouse/proshops.   I have also observed a change, not mandated by Government, in golfers' behavior.  No handshakes, no high fives, and no picking up your fellow foursome's golf balls or clubs for them.  I only point this out because I think this observation says that given the opportunity to play most golfers will play, but behave to be as safe as possible. Finally there is no way to be 100% safe in life.  Today, the probability of dying of this virus is small, even for an old guy like me. The consequences of being locked down with no outlets for stress is pretty well documented.  These consequences ought to be balanced against the probability of contracting the virus for a given activity.  But that isn't the Doctors' job, but it is the job of Government to make these trade offs.  But many don't and take the path that seem the "safe way", when in fact it well may not be the safest way for the individuals.  
    • Can you let me know what category that puts you in from Erik's earlier post?
    • Pent up demand from down months of shutdown (Mar, Apr, May) boosts August? Wedges selling well? Thought it would have been drivers. Balls, irons, wedges, bags and gloves are the crux of equipment though, I'd guess. YTD, in the black, just barely.   U.S. RETAIL GOLF EQUIPMENT SALES FOR AUGUST 2020 UP NEARLY 32% OVER AUGUST 2019 | Golf Datatech   Golf Datatech: Highest Third Quarter U.S. Retail Golf Equipment Sales Ever — Geoff Shackelford    
    • Shackelford weighs in. MorningRead.com: "Changes at Golf Channel could get a fuzzy reception" — Geoff Shackelford    
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...