260 posts / 9227 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Why?  Because he is Asian American like Kim?  

Swagger, cool, young and confident and yeah...he’s Asian American. Don’t confuse racial with racist.😉 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Swagger, cool, young and confident and yeah...he’s Asian American. Don’t confuse racial with racist.😉 

I think that comparison falls a bit flat. AK was a party-guy. Confident? Sure, but also a bit brash. Morikawa seems like as polished and low-key as a guy could be. Honestly, neither their personalities, nor their games strike me as very similar to one another. 

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think that comparison falls a bit flat. AK was a party-guy. Confident? Sure, but also a bit brash. Morikawa seems like as polished and low-key as a guy could be. Honestly, neither their personalities, nor their games strike me as very similar to one another. 

I think the traits I listed are shared by both of them. Then you proceed to list traits that make them different. Yeah. Ok. I tell ya...people really wanna look for fire where’s there no smoke. 

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think the traits I listed are shared by both of them. Then you proceed to list traits that make them different. Yeah. Ok. I tell ya...people really wanna look for fire where’s there no smoke. 

Not really. I don't care about looking for "smoke" - it's just a bad comparison. There are other golfers that had a lot more in common with Morikawa at age 23 than Anthony Kim.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Not really. I don't care about looking for "smoke" - it's just a bad comparison. There are other golfers that had a lot more in common with Morikawa at age 23 than Anthony Kim.

Agree. Bad comparison.

They’re more different than similar.

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I dunno, lumping in a guy of Japanese descent with a guy of Korean descent when those 2 cultures have had serious animosity with each other for centuries smacks of an uncomfortable 'they're all alike'.  I wouldn't go to Korea and tell them they are the same race as Japanese.

Good weekend for California born players. Morikawa wins as does Danielle Kang. IIRC, there was a spot during the PGA that showed a bunch of CA players high up on the leaderboard.

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Good weekend for California born players. Morikawa wins as does Danielle Kang. IIRC, there was a spot during the PGA that showed a bunch of CA players high up on the leaderboard.

Rose Zhang won the US Am too! Trifecta. Got the major Asian countries covered. Japan, Korea, China.