IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Swagger, cool, young and confident and yeah...he’s Asian American. Don’t confuse racial with racist.😉 

I think that comparison falls a bit flat. AK was a party-guy. Confident? Sure, but also a bit brash. Morikawa seems like as polished and low-key as a guy could be. Honestly, neither their personalities, nor their games strike me as very similar to one another. 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think that comparison falls a bit flat. AK was a party-guy. Confident? Sure, but also a bit brash. Morikawa seems like as polished and low-key as a guy could be. Honestly, neither their personalities, nor their games strike me as very similar to one another. 

I think the traits I listed are shared by both of them. Then you proceed to list traits that make them different. Yeah. Ok. I tell ya...people really wanna look for fire where’s there no smoke. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think the traits I listed are shared by both of them. Then you proceed to list traits that make them different. Yeah. Ok. I tell ya...people really wanna look for fire where’s there no smoke. 

Not really. I don't care about looking for "smoke" - it's just a bad comparison. There are other golfers that had a lot more in common with Morikawa at age 23 than Anthony Kim.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Big C said:

Not really. I don't care about looking for "smoke" - it's just a bad comparison. There are other golfers that had a lot more in common with Morikawa at age 23 than Anthony Kim.

Agree. Bad comparison.

They’re more different than similar.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Swagger, cool, young and confident and yeah...he’s Asian American. Don’t confuse racial with racist.😉 

I dunno, lumping in a guy of Japanese descent with a guy of Korean descent when those 2 cultures have had serious animosity with each other for centuries smacks of an uncomfortable 'they're all alike'.  I wouldn't go to Korea and tell them they are the same race as Japanese.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Good weekend for California born players. Morikawa wins as does Danielle Kang. IIRC, there was a spot during the PGA that showed a bunch of CA players high up on the leaderboard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Good weekend for California born players. Morikawa wins as does Danielle Kang. IIRC, there was a spot during the PGA that showed a bunch of CA players high up on the leaderboard.

Rose Zhang won the US Am too! Trifecta. Got the major Asian countries covered. Japan, Korea, China. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!