IGNORED

First Time Club Fit (Driver), Should I?

Note: This thread is 1376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just sent an email to the fitter, i dont know if he'll look at it or if it even helps at all but we'll see...

Just trying to help the process, but if you rather all the information in person you can just ignore this email.

I was fitted into the TaylorMade Sim driver a couple of weeks ago and after 5 rounds and quite a few range sessions i just cant dial it in and when i do find the sweet spot, it goes the same distance as my old driver. My main hope is focusing on carry distance, i dont care as much about maxing the roll out. So im wondering if maybe i should go back to a higher loft. I was also hitting a fade in the fitting bay but when im out on the course i tend to hit a little draw with both my drivers, that's interesting. Maybe im just having trouble lining up my feet and shoulders in fitting bay, i dont know. See ya soon

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

11 hours ago, Crim said:

Thats good to know, hopefully they'll allow me to do the same. My "refitting" is tomorrow. The one thing i didnt like last time is we focused on overall yardage and roll out quite a bit. I think im going to ask if we can just focus on carry this time, i just want to be confident in my carry yardage...hoping for consistent 250 yd carry. Roll out i dont care as much anymore. I don't know, they're the experts.

I focus on carry, spin, and launch angle. Bring your own ball with you. Bring your old driver, too. They always mention the total distance as a sales point.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Back on tracman i went and we indeed noticed some inconsistencies in strikes with my Sim and i was struggling. I still hit a couple bombs (for me) 252 carry with 275 roll out but it was tremendously inconsistent. We tried different shafts and lofts and draw bias but eventually started trying different drivers. Long story short, i found something i really liked in the Callaway Mavrik with a stiff shaft. Almost every shot was flying down the middle with a 243 carry and roll out around 260-ish. So not exactly what i wanted but an increase in distance and consistency. I also got a $75 in store credit which was awesome, i thought the Mavrik and Sim were the same price. 

Anyway i immediately took it to the driving range and i adore this driver. It just feels right and i hit it great at the range. Flight looks good. So not the huge distance gain i was looking for but still a decent gain. Also my swing speed was around 102-103 mph, i think i said 107 earlier? Yeah i didn't get anything close to 107 this time around.

Edited by Crim

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

The Mavrik is a fantastic driver! I just bought a Mavrik max today. With the right shaft and getting rid of the draw bias, I saw no difference in the numbers on center strikes between the max and standard. But off center strikes just flew off the face of the max.

One thing I did different this time after testing drivers was to basically wear myself out. I then came back to testing. Just like teeing up that last drive after walking 36 holes with nothing left in the tank. That is where the max impressed me the most.

Bonus is no more ear piercing sounds with my taylormade. Callaway really has a winner here.

• Like 1

David

Note: This thread is 1376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!