IGNORED

Bryson Throws Tantrum After Poor Shot, Berates Cameraman

billchao
Note: This thread is 1349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/4/2020 at 10:20 PM, billchao said:
GCLogo.png

Bryson DeChambeau got into an exchange of words with a cameraman during Saturday's third round of the...

Bryson throws a tantrum after hitting a poor shot and lashes out at the bunker, then the cameraman for following hunt afterwards.

This is why @colin007 doesn’t like you, Bryson.

Well, I like Bryson. But even I can't defend him on this one. 

He came off like a douchebag. Yeah, he has a bit of a history of throwing hissy fits. 

Nobody ever throws a hissy fit and then looks back at it and says "Yeah, I looked cool that day." 

21 hours ago, krupa said:

The irony here is that complaining about your "brand" does more to hurt your "brand."  Grow up Bryson

DING!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really don't have a problem with Bryson losing his cool in the bunker. I've seen it on the course. Shoot, I've done it on the course. He never should have said anything to the cameraman. After the round, he just should have said he was frustrated, and was sorry. He shouldn't have brought up his "brand". I think he's only 26, and I know I did things when I was 26 that I wish I could take back, but I learned from them. He'll be ok.

18 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

He shouldn't have brought up his "brand". I think he's only 26, ..........

Lydia Ko is 23....she won on the LPGA (CN Canadian Women's Open) as an Am at 15 years old....in those 8 years, I've yet to see her act or say something stupid.

Bryson's just a goof...just sayin.

OK...OK....I've done many stupid things too.

I guess women are smarter than men.😆

23 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

I really don't have a problem with Bryson losing his cool in the bunker. I've seen it on the course. Shoot, I've done it on the course. He never should have said anything to the cameraman. After the round, he just should have said he was frustrated, and was sorry. He shouldn't have brought up his "brand". I think he's only 26, and I know I did things when I was 26 that I wish I could take back, but I learned from them. He'll be ok.

This is exactly my position on this.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I like Bryson and his different thinking about how to win and all the other weird shit he does. However you can’t complain when you have camera crews at your house and post on IG about your workouts and how many eggs you eat in the morning. You don’t get to pick and choose when you are famous. I have hit way worse shots and had much worse reactions but I didn’t yell at the cart girl or group behind me for watching me. I never told the groundskeeper to mow a different hole and i never do anything to the course. Maybe he should get some advice from Tiger. Nobody had the cameras on him more than that and it seemed to work out pretty good for him. Just grow up Bryson. 

Yeah, he seems to be trolling BDC..😝. I am starting to find BK very interesting lately. He is going to get a Christmas card from Patrick Reed too. Lol...

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

So we're really not gonna talk about this??

No, not particularly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, not particularly.

I think it's great. I think it adds an element of "interesting" that golf lacks. I love when famous people talk trash reflective of the true feelings they have for one another.

Colin P.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Roid rage.

Got any evidence of that?

No.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Roid rage.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Got any evidence of that?

No.

More like douche rage.😜 He was like this before he got big too!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I’m waiting for the day BDC has on his white pants and those protein shakes decide to wreck a little havoc on the ol’ GI system.....😳

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I think he’s good.

He’s an entertainer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

His uncompromised passion to win coupled with a scientific approach is nothing short of extraordinary.  Like it or not the man has become a household name…..and I happen to like it.

I’ll take his quirkiness and antics over some robotic, emotionless squib anytime.    

• Upvote 1

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

On 7/7/2020 at 3:23 AM, Mr22putt said:

Lydia Ko is 23....she won on the LPGA (CN Canadian Women's Open) as an Am at 15 years old....in those 8 years, I've yet to see her act or say something stupid.

Bryson's just a goof...just sayin.

OK...OK....I've done many stupid things too.

I guess women are smarter than men.😆

I'm sure Lydia has said something stupid in her life. 
I've know many women who had trouble controlling their emotions. I've known many men who've had trouble controlling their emotions. I've known men who have great control and women who've had great control. There have been times I've lost my cool. There have been times my wife has lost hers. I really don't think its a male/female thing. 

Everybody's different. Some people are clearly more emotional than others. 

My issue is NOT that he lost his cool. He shouldn't have blamed the camera guy. That is never a good look. Nobody's going to take the side of the guy who just earned 1.3 million dollars that week over the camera guy making ... I don't know what, but it's a whole lot less... for the same week. 

Its just my opinion, but if he's really worried about his "brand" he should come out and apologize publicly to the camera guy and eat a little crow. I think that would go a long way for him.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 7/6/2020 at 5:49 AM, The Flush said:

Has the cameraman commented on this exchange with Bryson?

I wonder whether they have a contract about not talking with media about player happenings.  They must see a lot, good and bad.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Note: This thread is 1349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!