IGNORED

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

iacas
Note: This thread is 1335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Updated. Add your name when you're "in."

Saturday (Practice) at CHQ:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant

We'll take up to ten people on Saturday, btw, but once we get to six I'll basically be able to say the entire day is for TST practice/lessons/etc.

The practice facility here has our own range (for instruction, practice), three putting greens, one of which has a bunker and is good for chipping/pitching, and a lower one that's good for putting and chipping/pitching, with three 150-ish yard practice holes. All included in the $78 with my instruction. (Again $60, my junior rate, for the never-ending all-day revolving lessons, and $18 for the day pass for the facility.)

But anyway, we're at four, so once two more people commit to Saturday, it becomes an "all-day" thing, and we can start and end at slightly different times than the 9-3 I proposed. Could do 10-5, could do 9-5 if we get more people, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My calendar shows me open for that weekend. I have to check with "The One Who Must Be Obeyed". She's in a meeting right now, upstairs in her office. Maybe I'll go press my face against the glass window of her office until she waves me in. 

Oh btw, if I come will @iacas sign my copy of LSW?!?!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Oh btw, if I come will @iacas sign my copy of LSW?!?!

Absolutely!

@Grizvok, how about it?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I sure wish I lived closer for these events

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Trying to figure out what do with my wife for that weekend. We are new to the area and I hate for her to have to play the golf widow. Looking to see if there would be things for her to do. Looks like the second day would most likely be in PA. Is the waterfront developed in Erie? Are many restaurants and attractions open?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Grizvok

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant

We'll take up to ten people on Saturday, btw, but once we get to six I'll basically be able to say the entire day is for TST practice/lessons/etc.

The practice facility here has our own range (for instruction, practice), three putting greens, one of which has a bunker and is good for chipping/pitching, and a lower one that's good for putting and chipping/pitching, with three 150-ish yard practice holes. All included in the $78 with my instruction. (Again $60, my junior rate, for the never-ending all-day revolving lessons, and $18 for the day pass for the facility.)

But anyway, we're at four, so once two more people commit to Saturday, it becomes an "all-day" thing, and we can start and end at slightly different times than the 9-3 I proposed. Could do 10-5, could do 9-5 if we get more people, etc.

I'm a definite for Saturday. Name added to list.

Thank you for putting this together. I can't freaking wait!

Edited by Grizvok
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @ChetlovesMer

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @ChetlovesMer

The boss says I can play. I'm in for both days. 

• Like 1

@Carl3 is in for Saturday and a "maybe" for Sunday. 

4 hours ago, iacas said:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Carl3

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant

I'm in for both days.

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Carl3
  6. @vasaribm

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Oops, I think I did it wrong the first time.

Either way, I'm in for both days.

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Carl3
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer

• Administrator

Cool guys. Is everyone on the list?

BTW I’m happy to expand hours Saturday and also reduce cost slightly if we get more people. So keep filling it up as the more the merrier.

• Administrator

In other words…

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Carl3
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Grizvok

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer

We can go beyond those as needed, and we'll work out "shifts" or something on Saturday for the "lessons" so everyone isn't wanting to start working on "things" at the same time. The whole day Saturday is for y'all now, so that's good.

Tagging some guys I know are in upstate NY: @colin007, @RFKFREAK, @onthehunt526

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, iacas said:

We can go beyond those as needed, and we'll work out "shifts" or something on Saturday for the "lessons" so everyone isn't wanting to start working on "things" at the same time. The whole day Saturday is for y'all now, so that's good.

Is this something where we could spend all day there if we wanted to too? Just to be around golf and new people? If this is the case, I wouldn't mind taking an afternoon slot. I've never had any kind of lesson and wouldn't mind waiting and just moseying around and warming up.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I can tentatively do both days!

My driver has been on point of late but I've forgotten how to hit and iron and wedge.

Edited by RFKFREAK
  • Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Is this something where we could spend all day there if we wanted to too? Just to be around golf and new people? If this is the case, I wouldn't mind taking an afternoon slot. I've never had any kind of lesson and wouldn't mind waiting and just moseying around and warming up.

Yeah, you can spend all day there. Right now we don't need much "afternoon" time. If we have eight, my plan would be for people to start showing up between 9 and 10:30. If you're going to be a later "lesson" you can putt or chip for awhile, with some others, and if you're going to be an earlier lesson you can warm up and get into it a little bit.

But you can easily spend the day there. There's a decent lunch place (just takeout subs, a small grocery store) not far away, and we might even eat outside as a group that evening at Andriaccio's there in CHQ.

If we go beyond 8 or 10, we can make "shifts" of sorts, as people will not want to be there for nine hours straight (then again, what else do you have to do, since you can also just bring a book and take an hour-long break 😄?), but you know… 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Count me in...

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak
  4. @Bonvivant
  5. @Carl3
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Grizvok
  9. @Divot Master

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Divot Master
Edited by iacas
fixed tag

Marshall

Note: This thread is 1335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!