IGNORED

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

iacas
Note: This thread is 1331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Cards are fine. They take payment in the shop. A gal named Emily will do it. Like I said, I'll have you all do it together so that she can ring it up the right way.

The only "cash" I need are… any tips 😄 and the $20 in $5s (ideally) on Sunday for the games.

BTW for the quota game, let's assume we have $160 in it, I might pay out… $80 to first, $60 to second… and $20 to someone who finishes 7th or 9th or 15th or something, just so even if you're not having the best day, you can still be in the running for something.

I've seen scrambles do this to discourage cheating, but I think it can work for this too. I'm not sure what place I'll pay back the $20 to, but… maybe. Strongly considering it.

Ok, cool.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI - I have plans in Pittsburgh Saturday night, so I won’t be at dinner. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend, though! 

- John

On 7/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I suspect @saevel25 was trying to goat the rest of us into blowing up...  Which I totally respect by the way.... 

If you haven't played there before just remember par on the 1st and 10th hole might be like shot and half on the field each..😊. Especially if we are playing those holes from blue tees.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

If you haven't played there before just remember par on the 1st and 10th hole might be like shot and half on the field each..😊. Especially if we are playing those holes from blue tees.

We’re not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If we haven't filled the 16th spot yet, my buddy Christian is seeing if he can make the day trip. Should know soon. 

Our skill levels are pretty dead on even, so whatever I end up at handicap wise, just mark him the same.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Hopefully it isn't too big of a deal, but I'll be showing up a little bit late on Saturday. I'd estimate I'll be there around 10:30 or so. Nothing major.

Unfortunately, I'll also be unable to make it to dinner on Saturday night.

He's in. So we have our 16th. Not at a laptop, so I can't edit and quote the list.

Ryan M

• Administrator
(edited)

One small change to the lineup:

Saturday (Practice) at CHQ:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @Bonvivant
  4. @Carl3
  5. @vasaribm
  6. @ChetlovesMer
  7. @Grizvok
  8. @Divot Master
  9. @GolfLug
  10. @Slice of Life
  11. @RFKFREAK
  12. @saevel25

Sunday (Playing) Whispering Woods:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Divot Master
  9. @GolfLug
  10. @Slice of Life
  11. @RFKFREAK
  12. @Carl3
  13. @Slim_Pivot
  14. @DrizZzY
  15. @DinnerTime
  16. @Bigmackc18

$20 on Sunday ($45 for greens fee/cart if you're not a member of WW):

• $5 toward Net Skins pot
  • $5 toward Gross Skins pot
  • $10 toward Quota Game pot

The quota game will be a pretty standard quota game. I'm not sure if I'll do a percentage of handicaps or what…

• Bogey = 1 point
  • Par = 2 points
  • Birdie = 4 points
  • Eagle = 8 points
  • Albatross = 12 points

To make payouts easier, please bring four $5 bills or at least a $10 and two $5s.

Sunday is now full. Anyone can still add to the group on Saturday, just add your name to the list.

Edit: I've scrapped the "groups." Just get there around 9:00 to 9:30 on Saturday.

Edited by iacas
Added username

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

One small change to the lineup:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @Bonvivant
  4. @Carl3
  5. @vasaribm
  6. @ChetlovesMer
  7. @Grizvok
  8. @Divot Master
  9. @GolfLug
  10. @Slice of Life
  11. @RFKFREAK
  12. @saevel25

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Divot Master
  9. @GolfLug
  10. @Slice of Life
  11. @RFKFREAK
  12. @Carl3
  13. @Slim_Pivot
  14. @DrizZzY
  15. @DinnerTime
  16. Christian Mack (username pending)

The quota game will be a pretty standard quota game. I'm not sure if I'll do a percentage of handicaps or what…

• Bogey = 1 point
  • Par = 2 points
  • Birdie = 4 points
  • Eagle = 8 points
  • Albatross = 12 points

To make payouts easier, please bring four $5 bills or at least a $10 and two $5s.

Sunday is now full. Anyone can still add to the group on Saturday, just add your name to the list.

Right now, my plan Saturday is to have three groups. I'd previously said two, but let's do three groups of four. Because I've taught many of you before, I'm going to work with four of you first  so I can get through a bit more quickly. Y'all know you won't be getting any short shrift on the actual information/instruction, but I am familiar with your swings and you know how I work, the language I use, etc. So that saves a little time. The second group will have plenty of time to work on their swing.

Group 1 (~9:30):

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @Slice of Life
  4. @saevel25

Group 2 (~10:45):

1. @GolfLug
  2. @Divot Master
  3. @RFKFREAK
  4. @vasaribm

Group 3 (~12:00):

1. @Bonvivant
  2. @Carl3
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @Grizvok

I actually think they should take an hour, but I'm saying 1:15 because even if it takes that long, the last group will have five hours of lessons/practice time, minus maybe 30 minutes for some group pitching/chipping sessions.

So for Saturday, should we arrive at our start time if we're not in the first group?

Christian

Awesome, the early lesson time. More time to practice. I need it. 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Any chance I can be in a later group Sat so I don't have to wake up at 630 AM? 😂

Ryan M

10 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

Any chance I can be in a later group Sat so I don't have to wake up at 630 AM? 😂

I was going to make a similar request if we're supposed to get there when our lessons are supposed to start. 😂

Christian

@iacas, I ended up getting a hotel for Friday night, so if you need to move me to a different slot, just let me know.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

So for Saturday, should we arrive at our start time if we're not in the first group?

No, get there at 9:00 or 9:30 or so.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Awesome, the early lesson time. More time to practice. I need it. 😉

Uh huh. Apparently.

1 hour ago, Slice of Life said:

No, wake up lazy bones.

P.S. I've scrapped the blocks. Just show up at 9:00 or 9:30 or so, and we're probably going to get payment at about 10:00 when Jack (he's working now, not Emily) arrives and is ready to get payment.

Hey all, hate to do this last minute but I need to drop out... family emergency. If anyone has been sitting on the fence waiting for an opening or has a friend who wants to join in the fun. Now's the time.

Hope you all have a great time! Keep it out of the vortex between 15 and 16 (right?) at WW.  

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• Administrator

1. @Hardspoon
  2. @Bonvivant
  3. @Carl3
  4. @vasaribm
  5. @ChetlovesMer
  6. @Grizvok
  7. @Divot Master
  8. @GolfLug
  9. @Slice of Life
  10. @RFKFREAK
  11. @saevel25

1. @saevel25
  2. @BretzFit
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak
  5. @Bonvivant
  6. @vasaribm
  7. @ChetlovesMer
  8. @Divot Master
  9. @GolfLug
  10. @Slice of Life
  11. @RFKFREAK
  12. @Carl3
  13. @Slim_Pivot
  14. @DrizZzY
  15. @DinnerTime
  16. @Bigmackc18

• Bogey = 1 point
  • Par = 2 points
  • Birdie = 4 points
  • Eagle = 8 points
  • Albatross = 12 points

Please see the notes here, everyone:

Note that the current lineups linked to in that topic are not current anymore. 😄 The ones in this post are.

• Administrator

I've updated the post just above this one with the latest info. This is also the latest info I have for Sunday:

image.png

Skins will use the "skindex" (an average of both of your playing handicaps, since we're using mixed blue/white tees), but otherwise uses your full index. The quota game is for now using 85% of your average playing handicaps for blue/white, but since it's a gross game, I might bump that to 90% or higher. Also note that I'm paying out first, second, and ninth place. 🙂

Note: This thread is 1331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!