Ironbud

Odyssey Triple Track Putter: Change grip?

5 posts / 587 viewsLast Reply

I just picked up the Triple Track 10 putter. I'm not thrilled with the feel of the stock grip.

I would like to replace it but I'm not sure if it will affect the performance of the putter. Some of the marketing information talks about weight distribution towards the head and grip. 

Anyone have an idea?

Bud

12 hours ago, Ironbud said:

I just picked up the Triple Track 10 putter. I'm not thrilled with the feel of the stock grip.

I would like to replace it but I'm not sure if it will affect the performance of the putter. Some of the marketing information talks about weight distribution towards the head and grip. 

Anyone have an idea?

Bud

I can’t find info on the grip on the Odyssey site. Do you have a picture? If you can identify the grip, you could find a similar weight grip that would keep the balance. Also, Superstroke makes grips with inserts where you can change the weight on the grip end. I use a 3.0 and have added weight to it to balance my putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I have a TT #10. Weight is under grip. I removed grip and weight and upgraded to SS 3.0 with SS counter weight (heavier than stock Odyssey weight). The Odyssey grip was easy to remove, than I pulled the weight out and re-gripped with SS. 

31 minutes ago, BeCu said:

So I have a TT #10. Weight is under grip. I removed grip and weight and upgraded to SS 3.0 with SS counter weight (heavier than stock Odyssey weight). The Odyssey grip was easy to remove, than I pulled the weight out and re-gripped with SS. 

Thank you for the awesome response! That's exactly what I want to do!

1 hour ago, Ironbud said:

Thank you for the awesome response! That's exactly what I want to do!

No problem. You are very welcome. 

One last thing, when you remove the grip and take the weight out, before you re-grip the putter stand the putter up on the ground  as if you were setting up to putt. The putter stands up by itself like some of those other putter brands made to do that. Of course once you re-grip it won't but I discovered that by accident and thought it was cool. The majority of weight is really low in that putter. Good luck.