IGNORED

Can a Low Capper Beat a LPGA Pro… Results!

Bump-n-MI
Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The best male player, tour 1, second male, tour 2, scratch. In that order. Now I’m checking the results. 

edit: checked the results and I wasn’t far of. I still might be right the next round. 

Edited by Killa

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are the wagers?  I assume there is some cash on the line.

Based on the description of the former LPGA player, I am mentally assigning Vicky Hurst to the role.  I hope the Symetra ladies kick your butts on Day 2 and 3😉

Brian Kuehn

Very interesting and cool post. I'd love to have the opportunity to play side by side with players of that level. It blows my mind how good they are at recovery shots.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Have all of these rounds been played already? Why not just post all of the results instead of playing this guessing game stuff?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, Bump-n-MI said:

Actually discussed this a number of times in the past on this forum - awesome, but I didn't search the form.  

Mathematically it’s easy to calculate - Sure, but there are variables that cannot be calculated into a mathematical equation. 

A genuine male scratch golfer, keeps his card pretty easily on the LPGA tour running about middle of the pack… - "genuine" eh.  Welp, I'm a "genuine" scratch and I got my butt kicked the first day I played with them.  

Keeps their card.  Middle of the pack.  Not win every time...

Regardless, it’s interesting to hear about your experiences.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

Have all of these rounds been played already? Why not just post all of the results instead of playing this guessing game stuff?

Yep, all round in the books.  Feel free not to guess or participate @billchao.  From the feedback I'm receiving many others are enjoying the suspense. 

32 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

What are the wagers?  I assume there is some cash on the line.

Based on the description of the former LPGA player, I am mentally assigning Vicky Hurst to the role.  I hope the Symetra ladies kick your butts on Day 2 and 3😉

Wagers?  What's that 😆

As for the Symetra pros kicking our butts.......round 2 results coming right now 👇

• Like 1

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

• Administrator
1 hour ago, lastings said:

I’m kind of confused at all the arguments in this thread.  @Bump-n-MI is just here providing a bit of insight on his real life experience, in real time.     There’s no argument to be had here.  

Strategy is discussed. That’s all.

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

This guessing is dumb, I agree. Just post the results.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Round 2 results:

Different groupings and different weather conditions (hot with gusty winds out of the northeast; IMO ideal for this course).   The pros were grouped with a 12 and 6 (the 12 shot his career best).  I played with 3 other mid to high single digits.  Member 1 and Member 3 were paired with a former Div 1 collegiate woman golfer and a 10.   

1. Member #1 – 67

2. Pro #2 – 68

3. Pro #1 – 70

4. Me – 74

5. Member #3 – 77

For S&G’s the former Div1 collegiate played from the woman’s tees and shot 86.  

Nerves were nonexistent (probably because the pros were playing ahead of me).  Hyper focused would be the best way to describe my mindset.   Only missed 2 fairways (both misses were small misses) and hit 14 greens.  Iron play could have been better and was battling a slight case of the lefts.  Was +1 heading into 17 and tripled.  18 is a legit birdie hole and I missed a 6 footer.  Solid round with one major mistake.  

Member 1 played his usual consistent game.

Member 3 struggled off the tee and had to scramble. 

Both pros played well from tee to green but never got anything going on the greens.      

Will post Round 3 results later today…..

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Strategy is discussed. That’s all.

This guessing is dumb, I agree. Just post the results.

lol, then don't follow or participate.  Better yet, block me.  Problem solved.

You are something else, same BS many years later.....

And for the rest of you, screen shot this response because it will be deleted.  Or maybe I'll get banned 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

@Bump-n-MI....I don't mind the delay in results....it allows more discussion, posts and guesses.....this is a discussion forum.

I hope the gals KICKED all you butts in rd 3.😁

As I posted previously....I think the members have a 1-2 shot advantage per rd....it would have been nice to see the results on a course no one has played.

• Like 1

I'd have guessed the +2.8 guy consistently wins, the other 2 lose close ones. 

Looks like I wasn't too far off. 

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

I hate meta crap, so it's hidden. Last meta post in the topic, though.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Bump-n-MI said:

"genuine" eh.  Welp, I'm a "genuine" scratch and I got my butt kicked the first day I played with them.

Are you, though? No need to reply. One round below 76 in your last 20.

2 hours ago, Bump-n-MI said:

Normally I detest the "meta" conversations so much I just ignore stuff like this. But you know, then people just get to spout whatever stupid opinions they've got largely uncontested, and for the heck of it, today, I'm going to reply. And because it's my forum, and I get to make the rules, and because this IS "meta," this is the end of it. No replies, from anyone, on the meta bullshit, after this one.

Why should I "don't follow or participate"? It's my forum, and I saw an opportunity to share some information about laying up versus going for it. You were giving what was, in my opinion, "bad" information, and I generally don't like "bad" information being shared on my forum. It's that simple.

The truth of the matter is that you got your panties in a twist because I disagreed with you. Why should I have to ignore you? I don't.

Uhm, yeah, I've always been one to share my opinions and back them up with data, facts, etc. where possible. Man, how shitty is that? You're butt-hurt I didn't agree with you.

And for the rest of you, screen shot this response because it will be deleted.  Or maybe I'll get banned 🤣

Neither happened, and never really has. The moderators can all tell you how stupid a thing that was to say. Non-spam posts are almost never deleted, and we ban people less frequently than virtually any other forum I've ever seen. Heck, the fact that we don't is why people build up this huge long history of taking disagreement personally and getting all butt-hurt about it, like you've done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Bump-n-MI said:

Round 2 results:

Different groupings and different weather conditions (hot with gusty winds out of the northeast; IMO ideal for this course).   The pros were grouped with a 12 and 6 (the 12 shot his career best).  I played with 3 other mid to high single digits.  Member 1 and Member 3 were paired with a former Div 1 collegiate woman golfer and a 10.   

1. Member #1 – 67

2. Pro #2 – 68

3. Pro #1 – 70

4. Me – 74

5. Member #3 – 77

Nerves were nonexistent (probably because the pros were playing ahead of me).  Hyper focused would be the best way to describe my mindset.   Only missed 2 fairways (both misses were small misses) and hit 14 greens.  Iron play could have been better and was battling a slight case of the lefts.  Was +1 heading into 17 and tripled.  18 is a legit birdie hole and I missed a 6 footer.  Solid round with one major mistake.  

Both pros played well from tee to green but never got anything going on the greens.      

What’s the CR/slope for the men?  6 over and 4 over have to be a bit of outliers for you, no?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours ago, Bump-n-MI said:

Round 2 results:

1. Member #1 – 67

2. Pro #2 – 68

3. Pro #1 – 70

4. Me – 74

5. Member #3 – 77

Bring it on! I want to see #3. Can’t say I’m too surprised so far.

My question would be where are the LPGA pros? All I see are two lower level pros playing a stepping stone tour. One used to play on the LPGA so she must not have the game she used to have. Totally bogus thread. 

• Like 1

So @Bump-n-MI who are they because your facts are not adding up here.

Looking at the 2020 Symetra player priority list...from your 1st post....I thought it was Kristy McPherson...she's won under $2.5M...but she's not a long hitter....then I thought it might be Vicky Hurst (a fairly long hitter).....but she's toiled longer on the Symetra vs. LPGA...and won about only $1.6M...both have been on Solheim teams.

If #1 really has been a LPGA leader in driving distance a few years ago...I'm thinking Joanna Klatten...but she's made less than $500k and not been on a Solheim.

So unless the info on Pro #1 is incorrect....I'm struggling who on the Symetra fits the info provided.

We have a few LPGA/Symetra players at my course and in my area.

Standing game with the +1/+2 crowd-Some of whom backed the players financially-Is to let the women play from 6250 while the guys play 6820 tees. Guys are about 2:1 to win. Two thirds of the time. Does not matter the game - straight up singles, best ball, scramble, worst ball, hi-lo-to.

Also I have not met many genuine scratch players who are a 4.7 index.

So who are these players?

I think we determined LPGA Tour players are about +6 like PGA Tour players and guys in general are about six shots better than women.

Gold: 71.1 for men, 77.6 for women.

So the +2.8 should be shooting often around 69-72 and the women will shoot 73 or so since they are not even LPGA Tour players they are not +6.

An actual scratch player-Not a 4.7- would play them pretty closely on average.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator

0D6D5E37-D1C7-464B-AC69-A9217DE7EB0B.png

Handicap Indexes (all +) throughout 2018 season.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Also I have not met many genuine scratch players who are a 4.7 index.

What are you referring/talking about here?

3 hours ago, iacas said:

0D6D5E37-D1C7-464B-AC69-A9217DE7EB0B.png

Handicap Indexes (all +) throughout 2018 season.

What website did you obtain this info from?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

What website did you obtain this info from?

A data analyst friend. It's on Twitter.

Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!