IGNORED

2020 British Open For the Ages

iacas
Note: This thread is 1363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/20/2020 at 5:12 PM, mclaren4life said:

Maybe it would be easier to list who you can stomach. 

PGA

JT, Fleetwood, Rose, Im, Matsuyama, Fowler, FIGJAM

LPGA

Jin Young Ko, Minjee Lee, Shibuno, Charley Hull, Hye Jin Choi, Angel Yin, Munoz, Lydia Ko, In Gee Chun, Hee Young Park

Just to name a few

Who do you like?

The only person I don’t really like is Zach Johnson. I’m not really sure why. Maybe it’s his big weird shaped head or that terrible haircut he had for a while. But I don’t like him.i can’t wish enough missed cuts on him.  Most everybody else I can stomach. Even some I “like” get on my nerves sometimes. I like Rickie, Rory, JT, Tony, HV3. That’s a few on the top of my head. 

Kill me now.

I’d rather watch yet another rerun of The Greatest Game Ever Played.

At least that’s not fiction…  

Edited by David in FL
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

The only person I don’t really like is Zach Johnson. I’m not really sure why. Maybe it’s his big weird shaped head or that terrible haircut he had for a while. But I don’t like him.i can’t wish enough missed cuts on him.  Most everybody else I can stomach. Even some I “like” get on my nerves sometimes. I like Rickie, Rory, JT, Tony, HV3. That’s a few on the top of my head. 

Yup...even before the below incident, I never cared for Zach.

I'm at the Tuesday practice rd at the 2015 USO.

No fans really around....Zach is walking from the green to the next tee....an old guy with a flag is standing there with a Sharpie in hand behind the ropes....Zach walks by the guy....looks at him and gives him a smug and fake smile and thumbs up and keeps walking.

Ya....a pro doesn't own a fan anything....but the time and effort Zach spent in the above...he could have simply signed the guy's flag and carried on.

I’ll add that to my list. Along with one I forgot, he spells his damn name the wrong way. During a practice you gotta sign the old guys flag. That was prolly his only and last actual fan. 

23 hours ago, saevel25 said:

They should have given it to Tom Watson. He clearly had an edge over all of them in Open Wins 😉. He's the only one after 1970 to win more than 3 of them. 

You sure about that more than 3 part?

3 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

I’ll add that to my list. Along with one I forgot, he spells his damn name the wrong way. During a practice you gotta sign the old guys flag. That was prolly his only and last actual fan. 

LMAO.

I'd rather ask Zach's loop, Damon Green) for an autograph....Green is a really good golfer in his own right....he did some USGA USSO qualifying...I'm too lazy to search some results.

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

It's amazing how a thread about a fantasy Open Championship turned into a "here's who I hate" discussion. 

Sorry....but ya....some if not many threads can at time steer off in another direction.

I'll try to limit my future 'hate' comments to only 3 more.😁

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

It was easy for me. I never really knew any stats on Jones, Hogan, Snead or Hagen and just assumed Jack was the GOAT. Once I realized GOAT should be based on overall accomplishment and not sentiment it was easy to put Tiger as the GOAT. Because he clearly is.😀

Funny thing is who would have thought that bogey Tiger made on the road hole on 17 in 2000 to trim his lead to 8 would have cost him The Open for the Ages. Unreal. Like I said earlier this week, it would have made more sense to just play it out More or all of the courses in the rota. Could have done more with it. Maybe next year. Overall the concept was cool.

Edited by ChrisP

I made it through an hour and then it just lost its luster. Maybe it had something to do with Butch's scripted commentary that missed the mark for me. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

15 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

The only person I don’t really like is Zach Johnson. I’m not really sure why. Maybe it’s his big weird shaped head or that terrible haircut he had for a while. 

See, I can get with this. This is precisely the type of reasoning that makes sense to me, I appreciate that.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, TourSpoon said:

I made it through an hour and then it just lost its luster. Maybe it had something to do with Butch's scripted commentary that missed the mark for me. 

It was funny how the last 7 champions at St. Andrews were all on the front page of the leaderboard. Like even John Daly. I can see Oosthuizen because he has a great history on that course and holds the runner-up Grand Slam, but ZJ and JD over champions like Ernie and Phil and Player and Norman didn’t make much sense.

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 1363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!