14 posts / 1203 viewsLast Reply

21 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

What kind of next-level bullshit is that?

Lol. Oh come on...let’s hear your thoughts! No shift...also pitched by Jim Venetos. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t feel like watching anymore. I got through 8 minutes.

Seems like golf by astrology. He’s seeing stuff that he wants to see that confirms his beliefs. There’s stuff he talks about in the video like the left hip continually moving forward, which Bryson doesn’t do. Bryson very much moves the left hip slightly forward in transition but it stays behind the left heel, which is not S&T AFAIK.

I'm interested in what Mike Schy, I think his former instructor, has to say in interview dropping tomorrow.

Too much for me, but felt like he is adding into the confusion about weight shift and pressure shift.

Also disliked the part about "left foot spin out issue", what issue? This part added into my belief he isn't thinking about pressure at all, I wonder if he would say every MLB batter and disc golf pro have spin out issue with their lead foot and are in danger of injuring themself. How about Kyle Berkshire? 😄

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Seems like golf by astrology

Some Players swing on a single plane. Some have two plane swings. I swing on the Astral Plane.😜

Just now, boogielicious said:

Some Players swing on a single plane. Some have two plane swings. I swing on the Astral Plane.😜

That’s a creative way to say you’ve got your head in the clouds 😜

These guys are delusional. Left heel off the ground on the backswing. Must be really talented to keep his weight left and do that.

IMG_4120.jpg

2 hours ago, mvmac said:

These guys are delusional. Left heel off the ground on the backswing. Must be really talented to keep his weight left and do that.

IMG_4120.jpg

Trying to learn here, so please correct me if I'm wrong with these "terms". At the pic above, Bryson has his weight left of his center, but all the pressure is on his right leg. So if we would put a scale under his right leg it would show pretty high number, maybe close to his bodyweight, but if all that momentum suddenly disappeared he would fall on his left leg.

The student on his video was shifting weight massively which feels powerful but doesn't create any real speed. Bryson's weight shift to the right is very minimal and it happens really early, like between P1 - P1,5 and by the time of P2 he has already re-centered his weight?

5 hours ago, Tepi90 said:

Trying to learn here, so please correct me if I'm wrong with these "terms". At the pic above, Bryson has his weight left of his center, but all the pressure is on his right leg. So if we would put a scale under his right leg it would show pretty high number, maybe close to his bodyweight, but if all that momentum suddenly disappeared he would fall on his left leg.

No. His weight is right of center too. Less so than the pressure number but still right.

5 hours ago, Tepi90 said:

The student on his video was shifting weight massively which feels powerful but doesn't create any real speed. Bryson's weight shift to the right is very minimal and it happens really early, like between P1 - P1,5 and by the time of P2 he has already re-centered his weight?

No. Look at Bryson at 3 and even 3.6. Still right.

Does anyone have any pressure plate data on Bryson’s swing? I trust you instructors but it should would clarify all this. This guy would look pretty silly making his analysis as the pressure plates directly contradict what he’s saying.

Just now, Vinsk said:

Does anyone have any pressure plate data on Bryson’s swing? I trust you instructors but it should would clarify all this. This guy would look pretty silly making his analysis as the pressure plates directly contradict what he’s saying.

I'm sure Chris does, but this isn't the type of thing I'd even consider texting him about to ask.

Bryson's pressure is not left until almost the transition. Nor is his weight.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

15 hours ago, Tepi90 said:

At the pic above, Bryson has his weight left of his center, but all the pressure is on his right leg.

Sorry I was being sarcastic about the weight left, making fun of how indoctrinated the S&T guys are.

15 hours ago, Tepi90 said:

Bryson's weight shift to the right is very minimal and it happens really early, like between P1 - P1,5 and by the time of P2 he has already re-centered his weight?

His "weight" or mass has moved a little right during the backswing (1-3.5), head moves a little right (he's hitting driver), pressure is definitely right, look at this left foot.

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Silly is a nice way to put it. It's flat out wrong. Again look at his feet, impossible not to shift pressure or some mass if my lead foot goes into eversion and/or if the heel lifts (and make a functional swing).

47 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Sorry I was being sarcastic about the weight left, making fun of how indoctrinated the S&T guys are.

Sorry, @Tepi90, I missed that you were replying to that specific part of Mike's response. But, yeah, his weight isn't left. 🙂