Note: This thread is 1374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Thank you.

Pro is not the product I want. LIVE was great - you could pair it with your phone or not. And an updated version of LIVE would be great. I like that the tags are small, don't require a battery, etc. Tagging is second nature at this point.

1 hour ago, naew said:

(and still the 600m drive was in the stats)

That's even more ridiculous now than it was when first reported to them years and years and years and years ago.

What must be happening is that they have a database field for "longest drive ever" or something, and when you submit a round, that field is simply over-written with the new false 600m drive. So when you edit it, it doesn't know what your previous longest drive was… so it just stays.

They could scan all of your previous rounds and re-create the row in the database, but it appears they do not do this.

It'd be nice if there was a way to "rebuild stats" on an individual level, or if they did this every now and then.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Thank you.

Pro is not the product I want. LIVE was great - you could pair it with your phone or not. And an updated version of LIVE would be great. I like that the tags are small, don't require a battery, etc. Tagging is second nature at this point.

That's even more ridiculous now than it was when first reported to them years and years and years and years ago.

What must be happening is that they have a database field for "longest drive ever" or something, and when you submit a round, that field is simply over-written with the new false 600m drive. So when you edit it, it doesn't know what your previous longest drive was… so it just stays.

They could scan all of your previous rounds and re-create the row in the database, but it appears they do not do this.

It'd be nice if there was a way to "rebuild stats" on an individual level, or if they did this every now and then.

I couldn't agree more. Game Golf Live is a fantastic product (the ability to play without pairing to a phone, lightweight tags sans battery) with a ton of potential. They are one decent software coder away from being able to really give the consumer data that can be used to make their games better.

The data is all there, we just need a clean intuitive way of organizing and manipulating it. 

• Like 2

Played with my Game Golf Pro for the third time on Saturday. 

So far this device is not meeting expectations. Not even close. In three rounds it has yet to record a single putt. It only recorded 4 of the 18 holes played in my last round. Similar results for my other rounds as well. When it does record a swing, it also records most of the practice swings taken. Misses virtually all shots around the green.

I have sent them an email stating all of the above and more. Anxiously waiting for their response. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator

Wow.

That’s wretched. Please share the response.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let me guess the answer: "The AI has to learn from you and will get better with every round you play"....

oh. and of course:"update the firmware!"

a nice way to let the 30 day guarantee pass by. 

I think they have massive problems with the device and still had to bring it out in this beta-status 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, naew said:

a nice way to let the 30 day guarantee pass by.

If that's the case, return it now, @coachjimsc.

Those seem like some major, massive problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iacas said:

i am not sure. i was just exaggerating. But it took the C/S 5 days to send me the returnlabel and 1 day to answer other questions. But I still am eager to know if only I had problems.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah I'm past the 30 days. So we'll what the response is. 

I'm 99% sure I want my money back unless there is a complete turnaround...which is doubtful.

Although I really like hitting my Sand Wedge 468 yards and 8 iron 663.

saluda.thumb.JPG.b536a8c49608c94479d6a61c7a1f05af.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

They'd be silly to use a full AI to power the swing recognition and it's honestly surprising to me, as someone who does hardware and software for similar-ish devices, that they're having such a hard time with recognizing swings. The force on the club when it hits the ball is not insignificant, and if you're looking at a plot from an accelerometer it's REALLY obvious where an impact happened compared to a practice swing, unless you chunk the crap out of a practice swing. 

To put into perspective how ridiculous it is if they're using a neural network to try and track your shots, most neural networks require several thousand pieces of training data, if not more depending on  the complexity of the task, to start delivering accurate or reliable results. You'd literally have to play dozens of rounds before your expensive new device would even start to think about working properly.

The processing power required is also, generally speaking, much larger than would be feasible for a simple task like this. It would NOT run well on a phone, it would run slowly on most people's desktop PC's, and it would take stupid amounts of processing power (and money) for them to run it as part of their cloud/online services. This is literally the type of thing I'm doing at work right now (Q-learning neural networks), and you'd have to be mad to try and use it for this application.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I don’t think they’re actually doing those things. I think it’s an excuse @Pretzel. The odds that they’re doing pioneering AI…?

I had purchased Game Golf Pro before coming across this website. After reading the reviews (and while still in the return grace period) I have sent the following email to Game Golf Support:

I would like a refund for order number XXXXXXXX. I have not used the device yet, but the box has been opened. I would prefer to purchase the Game Golf Live system, as I want to manually tag my shots. I have read too many reviews of the Pro system not automatically picking up shots. 
Thanks,
Cody 

I will update this thread with the response time as well as what the response is. 

1 hour ago, chicub15 said:

I had purchased Game Golf Pro before coming across this website. After reading the reviews (and while still in the return grace period) I have sent the following email to Game Golf Support:

I would like a refund for order number XXXXXXXX. I have not used the device yet, but the box has been opened. I would prefer to purchase the Game Golf Live system, as I want to manually tag my shots. I have read too many reviews of the Pro system not automatically picking up shots. 
Thanks,
Cody 

I will update this thread with the response time as well as what the response is. 

I’ve recently had problems with the Live unit—problems that didn’t occur last fall.  So something changed with the way Live works around the same time they brought out Pro.

They asked for my log files, had me factory-reset, they’ve updated iOS app a couple times, but most of the new problems are persisting. I’m not even bothering to use it until I hear back from them again.

So I wouldn’t recommend Live.

• Like 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

11 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I’ve recently had problems with the Live unit—problems that didn’t occur last fall.  So something changed with the way Live works around the same time they brought out Pro.

They asked for my log files, had me factory-reset, they’ve updated iOS app a couple times, but most of the new problems are persisting. I’m not even bothering to use it until I hear back from them again.

So I wouldn’t recommend Live.

What kind of problems are you experiencing with the Live unit?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

9 minutes ago, klineka said:

What kind of problems are you experiencing with the Live unit?

Here:

Craig

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Missouri Swede said:

Here:

Those all seem like using LIVE in LIVE mode.

I plan to use LIVE only to sync my round to the server when I'm done, because you can't do it from macOS Mojave now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

I plan to use LIVE only to sync my round to the server when I'm done, because you can't do it from macOS Mojave now.

Exactly. I don't do any in-round editing or looking at what is happening with Game Golf as I play. I just need a way to upload the information after the round. I enjoy looking back through the data, setting the pin location, and seeing what I could've improved upon. 

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Shot detection still doesn’t seem to work anymore, LIVE mode or not. (Yes, I “always” tag without even thinking about it anymore. But then a couple shots went missing, which was weird for me. So then I deliberately started “not tagging” a shot from time to time. They aren’t picked up anymore when syncing the round from the iPhone at the end of the round or showing up editing on the computer later that day.)

Recording hole location is something I do each hole during the round (because I won’t remember that later on), so yes, I do adjust the hole location and putts in LIVE mode.  So I don’t know of extra putts show up only because of in-round LIVE use.  (But if I don’t do it then, I’d probably just start jotting notes on paper for each green to adjust later. And I’d prefer not to do that.)

The “Texas wedge” shots get moved onto the green during the upload at the end of the round, not during the round, so that would still occur even if not using it as LIVE. Can’t fix it even editing the round on the iPhone after uploading the round—it won’t “stick” off the green, so the edit has to be done on the computer later on. (I know you edit on the computer anyway, and so do I, but I like to at least have # of strokes and # of putts correct when I leave the course.)

I had a couple of those “driver-putt-iron-putt” holes where the shots were out of sequence. Really weird, but they occurred on out-of town courses I’d never played before where I suspected they had hole mapping issues, so I didn’t give them much further thought other than editing them on the computer. I haven’t seen that recur since getting back to my home course.

Again, I don’t recall any of these problems occurring as of last fall. It was a pretty smooth and fast thing to use. Since this winter, I think I’ve had problems with every round I’ve used it.

Craig

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Shot detection still doesn’t seem to work anymore, LIVE mode or not. (Yes, I “always” tag without even thinking about it anymore. But then a couple shots went missing, which was weird for me. So then I deliberately started “not tagging” a shot from time to time. They aren’t picked up anymore when syncing the round from the iPhone at the end of the round or showing up editing on the computer later that day.)

Meh. I don't forget to tag shots, and that sounds like it could just be the gyroscope or whatever in your unit failing/getting old.

Recording hole location

LIVE mode.

The “Texas wedge” shots

LIVE mode (in the sense that this has happened in the past, and you've always had to do a little editing post-round, so this is not new to non-LIVE mode users).

Trust me I'm not defending them, but I haven't seen those problems with the LIVE unit, used LIVE or not.

Note: This thread is 1374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!