7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I haven't tried Game Golf Pro but the initial reviews weren't real positive.   I can vouch for Game Golf Live.   It works well.

At the end of the round how many corrections need to be made?  Can you look at your phone as you go and fix any errors?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, inthecup said:

At the end of the round how many corrections need to be made?  Can you look at your phone as you go and fix any errors?

Not too many, really. Only takes a couple of minutes to go through 18 holes and edit it on the computer. The things I usually have to edit:

—hit fairway or not (only an issue if your shot is close to where they’ve got the edge of the fairway mapped). I’m not sure you can edit this on the iPhone.

—position of putts and hole. You can edit this on the iPhone, but I find it hard to do on a little screen. 

—Using putter off the green (Texas wedge). The iPhone app will move these onto the green and count them as putts. If I want to show these as not being putts, I have to edit it on the computer.

—provisional shots, lost ball, penalty strokes. You can edit these on the iPhone app. Sometimes I’ll just do it on the computer since I’m usually going to review the round anyway. 

Edit: an easy way to demo how it works is to go online and create a user account (free) and download the smartphone app (android or iPhone, free). When you’re going to play a round where you won’t be rushed or anything, use the app to record your shots. It’s a nuisance to manually record each shot on the phone app, but at the end of the round you’ll have the data recorded and can see what it does with the info. (I went to a local executive course I know well and usually has a slow pace so I wouldn’t hold things up while I was messing with my phone.)

Edited by Missouri Swede
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Not too many, really. Only takes a couple of minutes to go through 18 holes and edit it on the computer. The things I usually have to edit:

—hit fairway or not (only an issue if your shot is close to where they’ve got the edge of the fairway mapped). I’m not sure you can edit this on the iPhone.

—position of putts and hole. You can edit this on the iPhone, but I find it hard to do on a little screen. 

—Using putter off the green (Texas wedge). The iPhone app will move these onto the green and count them as putts. If I want to show these as not being putts, I have to edit it on the computer.

—provisional shots, lost ball, penalty strokes. You can edit these on the iPhone app. Sometimes I’ll just do it on the computer since I’m usually going to review the round anyway. 

Edit: an easy way to demo how it works is to go online and create a user account (free) and download the smartphone app (android or iPhone, free). When you’re going to play a round where you won’t be rushed or anything, use the app to record your shots. It’s a nuisance to manually record each shot on the phone app, but at the end of the round you’ll have the data recorded and can see what it does with the info. (I went to a local executive course I know well and usually has a slow pace so I wouldn’t hold things up while I was messing with my phone.)

Thanks for the reply, great information.

On of this things I like about Arccos is that it flew under the radar, the pro version looked a little better, no tagging and a black "thing on your belt" not red.

I don't know if I want to try a new system.  For $100 at least live is not a huge investment.

12 hours ago, inthecup said:

I was an Arccos user and recently given it up.  I tried to use my Apple Watch linked to the software and the yardages were way off.  It made me question all the data.  That along with all the extra shots it seemed to add around the green and I had had enough.

That’s interesting.  I have arccos and I experience none of those issue.  Distances are always right on for me.   Though, I don’t use the Apple Watch.  Might want to just give arccos a call, they can probably resolve it.  I’ve had excellent experiences with there customer service. 

On 7/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, lastings said:

That’s interesting.  I have arccos and I experience none of those issue.  Distances are always right on for me.   Though, I don’t use the Apple Watch.  Might want to just give arccos a call, they can probably resolve it.  I’ve had excellent experiences with there customer service. 

If I look at the data the system produces in the app it looks OK.  If I look at the app distances in real time and compare it to something I trust more it is wrong.  Sometimes very wrong.  I have played without it for a couple weeks and it is a bit of a relief, not having to edit the results on every hole.

38 minutes ago, inthecup said:

If I look at the data the system produces in the app it looks OK.  If I look at the app distances in real time and compare it to something I trust more it is wrong.  Sometimes very wrong.  I have played without it for a couple weeks and it is a bit of a relief, not having to edit the results on every hole.

yeah...  just not sure what the difference is.   I have a range finder and the yardage I get from that is always within 2 yds from what my arccos says on my phone.   must be you just got some faulty equipment or something..   

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a Game Golf Pro thread, but can you replace a Game Golf or Game Golf Pro's battery? I saw this DIY instructions for GG (not pro).

golf-league-tracker-rectangle-color-2013

Manage Your Golf League Online. Track scores, handicaps, stats, standings and more. Free 4 round trial

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, kirk46 said:

I can't get my phons app tp pair with the club disc. Help!

We can't really help you - we're not GAME GOLF. Write to GG Support — they might get back to you at some point.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, iacas said:

We can't really help you - we're not GAME GOLF. Write to GG Support — they might get back to you at some point.

Good luck with contacting their support team and expecting an answer. I believe with no subscription model they may be on their last legs. There is now a good deal of competition in the shot tracking/GPS arena with Arccos, Golf Pad and Shot Scope. Arccos uses Blue Tooth while Golf Pad and Shot Scope use NFC technology. Golf Pad is probably the least expensive, followed by Shot Scope then Arccos is you go the latest version. 

My advice is to trash it. I tried it, expecting the troubles to be a hassle but not too bad once you got the pairing done.

Well, I never could get the pairing done. I spent about 4 hours trying, but I never could get all the tags to pair. It's just an absolutely garbage system, in every possibly way.