IGNORED

knott's Stubborn Takes on Golf, Particularly Instruction

knott
Note: This thread is 1369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 7/20/2020 at 10:26 AM, knott said:

Yes no doubt. Sim max in 9 degrees is Fade biased though. I was hitting constant straight bombs when trying ut out hence it convinced me. Also wonder about the Aerodynamic shape of the underside of it and how it affects the club path. 

I usually do figure my gear out though. I am fascinated that lower handicappers dont believe they can figure out things on their own but I dont judge and particularly not on handicap. 

Hmmmm...I've played golf for 52 years....can't say I've met a 17 cap who hits CONSTANT STRAIGHT BOMBS.....I'm kinda thinking if one's swing is so tuned in to hit a driver like this.... then it generally should translate to other clubs too....therefore one would not  be a 17 cap because their swing is consistent to hit the ball well and and also score well too.

But because you seem to already the golf 'basics' figured out...I think you'll be ok...just sayin.😁 

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

Do you not have a smart phone? There are plenty of free apps that offer SG analysis. You are definitely taking the cake in the trolling department, or you are just at the very start of your Dunning-Kruger effect in golf. You may have been playing a long time, but I would bet you are the second dot, or close to it.

1*eqmrgQRb8YyqEPMUcZE3lA.png

We aren't aggressive, and your intuition is just "feel", which isn't real as you have probably heard lots since you've gotten here. If every post you make is " I know exactly all about golf and where I lose my strokes, and I don't need an instructor", you are going to continue to get pushback because everything you are saying is wrong and could misinform others that read it.

Everyone that replies to your post is trying to protect the unsuspecting from believing things that are objectively false. 17 handicap players need instructors, and don't know where they are losing strokes. If they did, they wouldn't be 17 handicaps, myself included.

Honestly I dont find it that complicated. Just hellishly hard to master. It´s a bit easier hit a football then a small golfball on a tiny rod.    Golf is quite a simple concept to grasp. Get the ball in the hole as fast as possible avoiding misshits and obstacle. But some make it way more complicated then it is!

What do you mean is false with you can learn and improve your golf on your own after learning the basics? It´s not false whatsoever!
Everything is not black or white but some people here discuss like there is one absolute truth.

Dunno if we need to go off topic on the instructor again. Some are fishing so hard for it though... There is a thread knotts stubborn take. Just don´t expect any responses though 😉

• Administrator
2 hours ago, knott said:

Honestly I dont find it that complicated.

You don’t know how little you know.

Nobody is fishing. They’re speaking from experience. 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, knott said:

Golf is quite a simple concept to grasp. Get the ball in the hole as fast as possible avoiding misshits and obstacle. But some make it way more complicated then it is!

Nobody here has said the concept of golf is complicated. Stacking six golf balls on top of each other is an easy concept, you just stack six balls on top of each other right?

Shooting a low score is very difficult in golf. What ‘low’ is can be a gray area for sure. People who strictly play for fun and don’t care about their score can’t really discuss the difficulty level. It’s like a poker player playing hold ‘em who doesn’t care if he loses then walks away saying it’s an easy game to learn.

I’m not sure why you think people are fishing or being aggressive. Why are you so resistant to learning something new? Why would stat keeping and taking lessons be such an awful thing for you? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!